Cheapest place to buy plain T-shirts?

paysensmom

DIS Veteran
I don't want thin junky ones though. I want a good quality T-shirt. I will be putting some Mickey stuff on them for our trip for my son to wear!

Check at Hobby Lobby if you have one near you. Their plain t-shirts are $3.99 and are a decent quality. They come in several colors.

jiffyshirts.com

High quality at great prices!!! Much better than Michaels or Hobby Lobby!

2nd Jiffyshirts.com

I recently started making shirts for our upcoming trip. I purchased the Gilden 100% cotton 6.1 oz. Model 2000 (mens) for the adults and model 2000B for the kids.

Fast shipping and I am happy with the quality. Great color selection too. The kids sizing in Gilden runs about 1 size larger than normal which is okay with me, hopefully we can use the shirts next year and save me some time :rolleyes1

If you are looking for iron on transfers, Amymickey.com has the best dark transfers.

Here are my completed shirts thus far

20100203_0952.jpg

20100203_0951.jpg

20100203_0950.jpg

20100203_0949.jpg

20100201_0946.jpg

20100131_0944.jpg

20100131_0945.jpg

Michaels Craft store has various t-shirt colors in youth and Adult sizes in stock. I hit one of their sales before our trip and scooped up shirts for $2.00 each!!! They washed up great!:thumbsup2

often I've ordered on one day and seen them delivered the next...eventhough I must be closer than some -- they are shipping quickly and we order BEEFY Ts every time.

They have many other nice shirt brands as well.

tlh0726: I checked out this website - but I didn't see the mickey ear transfers like the ones from your shirts - did you get them at amymickey.com? Your shirts looks great by the way.

tlh0726: I checked out this website - but I didn't see the mickey ear transfers like the ones from your shirts - did you get them at amymickey.com? Your shirts looks great by the way.

never mind, I think I answered my own question it says on her website: "I am no longer doing any disney designs"

Best place to get them is Champs Sports/Footlocker. They usually have a 5 for $20 special going on. You can't beat it. They're thick shirts, can actaully wash them i the washing machine without them destroying. Check them out.

I've gotten nice Haines T-shirts at Walmart in the men's section for adults (often on sale for $5 each). The kids, I also get at Walmart. Usually the Faded Glory brand. I've used them for applique, iron-on's and tie dye.

There is a thread on the Dis with great instructions for the Mickey tie dye. I am not on my computer with it bookmarked, but if you search Mickey tie dye, you'll find it! It's easier than I ever expected and works every time! (I've done 12 of them!)

I usually get mine at Walmart in the respective departments (mens, womens and children). I find the shirts are of better quality than what I find at my Michaels. I also get the dark transfers from Walmart as they are cheapest there.

tlh0726

you shirts are ALL amazing... great job. For the iron on ones did you simply print out a photo/cip art of the various parks or did you personalize it?

As for the tye dye instuctions.. there are great step by step instructions on how to make the tye dye on the Creative boards...

I have made them and they do come out great!

Amymickey sells blank transfers. You print your own designs on an ink jet printer.

Check out the Creative DISigns board. There are people on that board who make their designs available for free. You download the design and print it on your own inkjet printer on the transfer papers.

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105

There are a couple threads with the tie die instructions:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=928135
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1210609

As far as where to buy shirts, I had good luck at Children's Place and Old Navy for kids shirts. By watching the sales and clearance I paid approx $3 each for nice heavy cotton t-shirts.

AC Moore has the hanes shirts for 2.50 a piece at times in our area. I felt that they were a good quality shirt.

The shirts look tremendous - it makes me wish I was more creative. :goodvibes

Thanks for the compliments on the shirts :flower3:

The designs came from the DISigners over on Creative design board :worship:

The mickey head designs for all 4 parks came from Milliepie. I added the outside border (tried to use a color close to the shirt color I picked) and the park name to the design.
http://s628.photobucket.com/albums/uu9/milliesky/

The all characters design (blue shirt) was from Donatalie. I added a different boarder and Walt Disney World to the design.
http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r132/donatalie/Tshirt Designs/

I did the tie dye using the instructions that another PP posted a link to. Use jacquard brand dye kit and tulip brand dye for the black. Once the shirts were washed the head actually looks a little faded. If I ever do it again I will buy jacquard brand black.

Wonderful tips. Thank you, I am off to look for some t shirts. I am only planning on getting a childs size. Thanks! Nice job for the one who posted pics by the way!

I am buying all my t-shirts now and doing designs and I got mine from Michael's, Target, and Wal-Mart. I didn't feel like I sacrificed any quality from any of the stores. Michaels was $3.99, Target was $4.99 (and I got a different brand for $7), and Wal-Mart was $5

Wow! $2/shirt?! I was using the Kirkland shirts from Costco and they work out to ~$3.03 each with taxes and I was super happy with that!

How's the quality of these shirts? The Costo shirts are a bit thin but they are double stitched and very durable.

Michaels Craft store has various t-shirt colors in youth and Adult sizes in stock. I hit one of their sales before our trip and scooped up shirts for $2.00 each!!! They washed up great!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter