cheapest or weirdest thing you have ever seen in disney restaurant or food court.

:confused3 It's odd to me that anyone would have any interest in a family of 4 sharing a Dole Whip. Who knows what the situation was? Perhaps they had heard about it and just wanted to taste it. And I don't understand being shocked and offended because a family puts a peanut butter sandwich in their backpack. Its a choice, plain and simple. Different strokes...

On the other hand, to me one of the tackiest things at WDW is patrons going to a sit down restuarant and sharing an entree because the portions are "sooo big". Right. Again, its a choice. A choice to not pay for your own entree!!!!!:rotfl:

I guess i'm juast cheap then, I hate spending money on anything. I make my kids share everything even kids meals. (I like to know I have the money in the bank)
I really don't eat very much, but I always order my own food because what I don't eat my DH will.
I'm sure a lot of people don't feel like blowing their money on food, so they share and save that extra money to blow somewhere else. Whatever works right?

Let's remember to share stories without judging others ok?

Kinda hard to nonjudgementally identify other people's "cheap" or "weird" behaviors. ;)

On previous trips, we've
- split a kid's meal 3 ways, with 2 of the splitters being adults. DD3 eats half the mac-n-cheese and drinks a few sips of chocolate milk, because that's what she has room for. I eat her carrots and grapes, and drink a cup of ice water, because all I wanted was a break and a snack. Grandpa eats the rest of the mac-n-cheese and the rest of the milk, because he likes those things better than the rest of the menu options (vegetarian who eats no meat substitutes, peppers, squash, eggplant, or any of the other veggie options most places offer). It's not a full meal for anyone but DD, but it's a good snack and it uses up all the food, which would otherwise go straight in the trash.

- split a sunshine swirl (small orange juice / soft serve swirl) either 4 or 6 ways, with no more than 2 of the splitters being kids. You can always buy a second one if you're in the mood for more. Or you can buy something else and share it, so you can try 4 different things instead of just one.

- had to buy an emergency set of little girl underwear, when DD-then-2 announced in the middle of AK that she was no longer going to wear diapers and took hers off. There's more to the story than that, and if you happened to witness that meltdown and the subsequent recovery, you'd have definitely put it on the "weird" list. (She kept that underwear clean and dry the whole rest of the trip, too.)

:rotfl: The egg salad sandwich story is definitely an example of unwise behavior.

Sure, some of these stories are funny, but people do get a little cranky when the subject of sharing food comes up on the Restaurant Board. We are just asking that when sharing your stories, just do not be judgemental, every one is different and does things for different reasons.

Here's something else to consider when you see folks splitting food:

My wife and I have both had gastric bypass surgery. Today for lunch, we went to a Mexican restaurant and split a half-order of nachos supreme. Also, if we don't get water, we normally split a diet soda because we simply don't have room for a lot in what's left of our stomachs.

So sometimes being "cheap" has nothing to do with it.

Of course, with all of that being said, we are on the DDP for our upcoming trip to WDW just because there aren't too many places where we like to order the same thing. I figured up the price for us eating all counter service with a couple of table service meals for the week, splitting a dish at every meal. It was only $100 less than the DDP, so we decided to get the DDP just so we can sample different things. If anyone wants to follow us around for 10 days, you would get more than enough food to feed a family for free that we will just leave behind.

"I saw tag team diners at Boma, (ie) the couple in front of me at a table for 2 - they were seated ordered drinks and were eating. Then after a while the lady left - and a teenage girl arrived and took her place - same colour red shirt, but a younger version of the Mom (I guess)

Then after a while she left, and the Mom reappeared with more food."

I am sorry but that one almost sent me over the edge.. I am in shock, I have heard it all.

I would have reported them.. I know I say I am not the Disney police, but that one might have made me into one.

I'm with you on reporting them...dishonest people like that cause things to be more expensive for all of us.

I bet we got a lot of looks on Our "eat'a thon" day at Epcot in January. We love to eat and are blessed to be able to pay for what we want but not blessed to be able to eat anything we want and stay at a healty weight. We love to try lots of differnt things but never seem to get the chance. On this day in Epcot we spent the whole afternoon grazing our way around the WS. We (three of us) shared EVERYTHING. Several counter service meals, one from each differnt country, as well as lots of snacks, the smallest we could order. We really only wanted a bite or two of each thing. Though we consumed a huge amount of food that day, someone who saw us sharing a small tart might have a different impression though we really did not care at all!

I like another PP need caffine-sugar free drinks and that is hard to find. I often get water with lemmon and add the non-sweetner on the table. Looks really cheap but really just me tired of water or not fond of the taste of the water!!!!!

I don't have a funny story to share, but I just wanted to share my thoughts on the subject. Some of the stories...people with their own box of frosted flakes, eating PB&J sandwiches,etc...I will admit that my family and I have done the same things. Not for lack of funds...but 1)we are not big breakfast eaters...my girls would prefer to eat fruit loops (no milk) as to eat a biscuit or pancakes every morning, and 2)I get tired of eating out! Sometimes I would rather just eat a simple PB&J as opposed to fast foot! But, you can forget me eating an egg salad sandwich that has been in my backpack all day! :crazy2:

I will say that my biggest complaint about anything food related at Disney World is no PEPSI products! I want my Diet Pepsi...so I just bring my own. I can drink diet coke...but would much rather have Pepsi! :rolleyes1

...2)I get tired of eating out! Sometimes I would rather just eat a simple PB&J as opposed to fast foot! But, you can forget me eating an egg salad sandwich that has been in my backpack all day! :crazy2:

I will say that my biggest complaint about anything food related at Disney World is no PEPSI products! I want my Diet Pepsi...so I just bring my own. I can drink diet coke...but would much rather have Pepsi! :rolleyes1

Not sure I'd want to eat fast Foot either ;) but I sure have to agree with you about the Pepsi thing....Coke is not my favorite. (and Lunapnp, please don't think I'm picking on you...its just the mental image that particular typo left with me....I wish my own typos were that entertaining.)

We are big sharers. We find a way to turn practically any restaurant into a Chinese restaurant - sharing bites, sips, tastes....watch out for all the fork action, you might lose an eye...:laughing: That's actually our whole touring plan for our World Showcase day....see how many different foods we can try from around the world.

Just like everybody has their own touring style, it seems that most have their own dining style too....though making a salad out of the toppings bar, especially when you haven't ordered anything is just wrong. Eating warm egg salad from your backpack? :scared: But hey, as long as you don't want me to eat it, knock yourself out...it keeps you out of the food line I'm in. ;)

We kind of get tired of eating the CS meals at the parks, so on our last trip, one day we brought along a jar of peanut butter and some bread to the MK. While waiting on line for IASW, my wife made peanut butter sandwiches for my family AND the couple behind us! I think if we had more bread, we could have made sandwiches for a few more people on the line. It was nice, becaused it saved my kids from having chicken fingers...AGAIN, and it saved us a lot of time too. We got to do more rides instead of spending an hour or so on lunch.

The only thing is that if we bring food in again, we'll have to do something besides peanut butter. Looking back, that might have not been the best idea in case anyone near us was allergic.

Sure, some of these stories are funny, but people do get a little cranky when the subject of sharing food comes up on the Restaurant Board. We are just asking that when sharing your stories, just do not be judgemental, every one is different and does things for different reasons.

Right, but the act of "sharing" a story on a thread devoted to cheap and weird behaviour is inherently judgmental. If I tell you about the time I saw a family of four at the Crystal Palace eating sandwiches from a knapsack and using their table to order drinks and dessert, I'm implicitly telling you that this kind of behaviour is cheap and weird.

At the Magic Kingdom in 2001 we saw a mom sit down and whip out a can of spam and apple sauce and feed herself & 2 kids. Dad sat down with 3 slices of pizza and a salad & soda for himself. Kid asked for a bite and was told no!!

Port Orleans 1996 mom dad 2 kids. Kids wanted nuggets mom & dad said nope you'll share our hot dogs with us and have this apple. Had to listen to the kids cry the whole time we were eating. Dh wanted to buy them the nuggets.

Right, but the act of "sharing" a story on a thread devoted to cheap and weird behaviour is inherently judgmental. If I tell you about the time I saw a family of four at the Crystal Palace eating sandwiches from a knapsack and using their table to order drinks and dessert, I'm implicitly telling you that this kind of behaviour is cheap and weird.

Thank you!! :rolleyes1

I saw tag team diners at Boma, (ie) the couple in front of me at a table for 2 - they were seated ordered drinks and were eating. Then after a while the lady left - and a teenage girl arrived and took her place - same colour red shirt, but a younger version of the Mom (I guess)

Then after a while she left, and the Mom reappeared with more food.

We saw something similar at 1900 Park Fare. A young mother with 2 small children (one in a highchair) sat at a table across from us. She was having a terrible time taking care of everyone and asked a waiter to watch one child's plate while she went to get the other child's plate. Yes, she left them at the table while she filled the plates. I went over and asked if she needed any help but she said no.

Halfway through the meal, Daddy comes in and stands behind the little boys chair. He drinks his juice and eats off of his plate. He also tries to corral the characters over to their table when they were trying to keep the order of their trip around the room going! So he got a free breakfast and didn't have to mess with the kids, but took the opportunity to harass the characters and divert them from the families next in line. He was a real gent!! ;)

We just got back yesterday and I have a story to tell. We ate at Akershus for dinner one night and had a seat where we could see the cold buffet. I was kind of looking around and noticed a family making sandwiches off of it. I really didnt think anything of it since DD made one for herself also. Turns out they were sitting close to us and they get back to their seats and whip out baggies and stow the sandwiches away in them. They then go back up and get fruit and salads and pull out those ziploc containers and take that food with them also. they had a soft side cooler with them so they must have planed it out pretty well.

We just got back yesterday and I have a story to tell. We ate at Akershus for dinner one night and had a seat where we could see the cold buffet. I was kind of looking around and noticed a family making sandwiches off of it. I really didnt think anything of it since DD made one for herself also. Turns out they were sitting close to us and they get back to their seats and whip out baggies and stow the sandwiches away in them. They then go back up and get fruit and salads and pull out those ziploc containers and take that food with them also. they had a soft side cooler with them so they must have planed it out pretty well.

:scared1: :sad2:

We were at Earl of Sandwich about 2-3 weeks ago and saw a woman order a roast beef sandwich and then pull EVERYTHING out of the sandwich, wrap it up, throw it away, and eat the plain bread. It seems to me she probably could have just asked for a plain piece of bread, and I bet they'd have sold it to her.

Maybe she was protesting against the Atkins diet. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter