Cheapest disney gift cards?

Raenstoirm

DIS Veteran
With 6 months till our next trip, I thought it would be smart to stock up on disney gift cards. I had read something about target having a discount and using a target credit card does something else or something (or I totally made that up in my addled brain. lol) . Id prefer to not open a new credit card, but if it saves a lot, I will suck it up. So what is the cheapest way to stock up on disney gift cards? Or is there an even cheaper way to pay for meals and things while we are there? We are AP/DVC/disney chase holders.

(Oh and I realize there is a huge thread, but its so big, I have no clue what I am looking at.)

Target sells Disney Gift Cards. If you purchase them using your Target RED Card, you get them at 5% off. You used to be able to get much better discounts buying from Target, but they have stopped a lot of the things that allowed you to get better discounts. There are ways of getting higher discounts through other means. But you should read the long thread for that info.

I buy my Disney gift cards from Kroger grocery store when they are offering a 4x fuel points promo. ($100 gets you .10 off on 35 gallons of gas. At 4x it gives you .40 off 35 gallons. We bring 2 cars and use all 35 gallons). That gives me the biggest discount. Some folks do the same thing but pay for them with their Amex card, which gives an additional 6% cash back on grocery purchases.

I don't do the Target red card thing, but I do purchase many consumable items in bulk from Target when they run a buy 4 get a $5 Target gift card promo. I often combine this with a product coupon. Then I use the $5 Target gift cards to buy Disney gift cards.

Last edited:
I buy them from Target using my Target Red card. It's not a credit card. It's a Target debit card that links directly to your bank account. I purchased $200 worth of Disney cards for $190 earlier today. I'll then add them to my Disney Vacation account to use to pay my December trip off.

You can skip Target if you don't want to deal with getting the RED Card debit or credit card and order the $100 gift cards from BJs online (you don't have to be a member to do this). They sell their $100 Disney gift cards for $94.99, which is essentially the same discount as Target RED Card.

You can skip Target if you don't want to deal with getting the RED Card debit or credit card and order the $100 gift cards from BJs online (you don't have to be a member to do this). They sell their $100 Disney gift cards for $94.99, which is essentially the same discount as Target RED Card.

Now that is a good deal and without all the hoops to jump through.

That's what we did recently. Adding in the 1% (or 5% at the time) cash back from my credit card, it made an even better deal.

I use my Target Red Card to get 5% off, plus and additional 1% back from using the Ebates link... Target is good because you can buy them in $50 and $100 increments. Going to save over $200 buying gift cards this way for my September trip.

You don't have to read the whole gift card thread. Methods used at the beginning of that thread no longer work. The last 50 or so pages should give you a decent idea. My main method is same as @wendow above.

Looks like BJs is cheaper than Sam's. Sams is $479.98 for a $500 card. BJs is 94.99 for $100 (474.95 for $500 & free shipping).

If you have a Discover card, you can get the discounted gift cards from "Wholesale Clubs" and also get 5% cashback

I use my Target Red Card to get 5% off, plus and additional 1% back from using the Ebates link... Target is good because you can buy them in $50 and $100 increments. Going to save over $200 buying gift cards this way for my September trip.
I thought eBates didn't credit for gift card purchases from Target. Are you buying other items in the same order? I was into the gift card churning thing for a while and it was hit or miss whether eBates would credit for the gift card portion of a Target order.

Since most of the GC churning tricks no longer work, I just buy Disney GC's from Target with my REDcard to get 5% off. If you have a Chase Freedom card you could get 5% back by buying the GC's from a drugstore while that's one of the 5X categories (through end of June).

I thought eBates didn't credit for gift card purchases from Target. Are you buying other items in the same order? I was into the gift card churning thing for a while and it was hit or miss whether eBates would credit for the gift card portion of a Target order.

Since most of the GC churning tricks no longer work, I just buy Disney GC's from Target with my REDcard to get 5% off. If you have a Chase Freedom card you could get 5% back by buying the GC's from a drugstore while that's one of the 5X categories (through end of June).
Nope! I've done two gift card only transactions this month and got the credit through Ebates. I used the swagbucks link to do a separate transaction for a regular non gift card order (swagbucks was 2%).

Nope! I've done two gift card only transactions this month and got the credit through Ebates. I used the swagbucks link to do a separate transaction for a regular non gift card order (swagbucks was 2%).
Good to know! It's been a while since I bought any GC's at Target (since they stopped selling them online for a while) so I'll try to go through eBates when I'm ready to buy one again. Thanks!

Good to know! It's been a while since I bought any GC's at Target (since they stopped selling them online for a while) so I'll try to go through eBates when I'm ready to buy one again. Thanks!
It might be a fluke as the terms excludes gift cards, but maybe the Disney gift cards are coded differently or something.. but I am not complaining right now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter