Cheapest days of the week to fly?

L-Harper

DIS Veteran
I am planning a gateway for DH and I for September 2012 and I'm trying to pick our dates. I want to pick or dates based around the (typically) cheapest days of the week to fly. We will be going from Detroit to Cancun. Can anyone give me some insights to this?`

Today I was reading a Hawaii guide book and it said the best/cheapest days to fly are typically Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Hope this helps.

We often fly stand-by (as my brother is a pilot) and have been told (and have experienced) that Tuesdays and Saturdays are the best times to fly...particularly Saturday afternoons. These are the least traveled days (and thus may be the cheapest).

Tuesdays are by far the cheapest.

Saturdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Friday mornings are usually the next.

Friday evenings, anytime Sunday and Monday (especially early) are usually the most expensive.

I've always found that while there may be some slight advantages to certain days of the week, if you trying to fly cheaply, you will do better to examine multiple airports.;)

On average, I'd shoot for tuesday flights. Just remember it's a few dollars more for resorts on the weekends (friday and saturday nights).

I also leave from DTW. If I was going to Cancun....I would look to see what days USA3000 flies from there. They are what Apple uses, and sometimes the cheapest...but I don't think that they fly every day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter