• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cheapest and nicest time to go

Butterflygirl

Earning My Ears
When is the best time of year to go to orlando??

We want sunshine (not baking hot tho) and cheap room rates and flights.....

For us, its the end of November, as the Christmas decorations are up and the parks are moderatly empty. (so are the flights!) but many charters stop flying by then so you have to look at scheduled airlines and a few charters, TCD for example.

It is still warm enough for the slides. Another great time to go is end of April early May before the long weekend weather is good and lines are small.

All depends how hot you like it to use water parks, We used to go October, perfect weather but the last few days started to change and cool down. Xmas this year was a no chance, warm for a few hours middle of day but took a while to warm up and then cooled down late afternoon. Easter this year was too cold 1st week, great the 2nd week.
You can get good days at anytime of year but for constantly hot days I would not go beyond Oct or Before May, but we love August 100+ temps, others prefer spring/Autumn weather.
So to answer you question May or Oct I would think are the best times for you for good weather, not too hot, cheap rates and low crowds.

I agree with Wayne, late April through early May and October through early November offer a good balance of nice weather and generally not too crowded.

Often find January/February fairly cheap but weather can be on the cool side.

Late September - hot but not blisteringly so, quiet and cheap.

December without a doubt. Iw as there for 3 weeks from 7th Dec last year and returning for 3 weeks on 8th this year. The weather was glorious except for the first 2 days. Swam every day, went to Typhoon Lagoon. The hotels are cheap too. We stayed half the time at Homewood Suites at Universal for $84 a night including breakfast and managers reception. Then the other half including Xmas Day at Disneys Fort Wilderness in a log cabin. The parks are not crowed atall until about 23rd and then they are packed. Our flights last year were £300 and this year £400 as we are flying PE one way with Virgin.
Hope this helps

Late September / Early October is a great time to go.

Actual fact.......I was there 12 years ago today...Getting Married !:cool1:

Here is my dilemma.

We both want nice weather, but really like the idea of going when its all festive and christmassy but would worry the weather wouldnt be good enough for water parks, sea world etc, but the prices prob would be cheaper.

Eeeeeeeek I feel a poll coming on!!!

Ive got to say I think the best time to go is after thanksgiving and before Xmas.
Air fares and room rates are the cheapest at that time plus the parks are less crowded so no queueing and all the xmas decorations are up
:goodvibes
As for weather, its kind of like our summer, some days are a bit cool for the water parks but in 2 out of 3 of our winter trips it was shorts weather every day

i would vote for End of April/May or end of Sept/October

we love May in Florida.. hot weather.. but not humid... little rain..and the flower and garden festival at Epcot which is stunning.

Likewise in October.. its cooling down a little, less rain and the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot! :)

We went November/December one year but it was WAY too cold for the water parks.. we didnt even get in the swimming pool.. brrrr..
however i think it is just changeable that time of year.
If you want warm weather I would go a little further in the year.
If the weather isnt important to you, the christmas stuff there is gorgeous and well worth seeing..

You can get good days at anytime of year but for constantly hot days I would not go beyond Oct or Before May
I'd have to agree with Wayne's assessment. We've been during every month other than February and November. Almost without exception there's some compromise to be made. For the best combination of low crowds, hot (but not unbearably hot) weather, and minimal rainfall, May and October take some beating. You need to avoid Memorial Day (last Monday of May) as far as crowds are concerned, and the UK half term dates in October (to avoid paying over the odds for flights).

October was traditionally our favoured time, but the International Food and Wine Festival has gained in popularity which has had an impact on crowds. That said, it's a good reason in itself to visit. I'd be tempted to opt for the last week of September/first week of October or the last week of October/first week of November. Either way, you'll catch the Halloween festivities.

May is also a lovely time to visit. The Flower and Garden Festival is a much overlooked gem. Not as much fun as the IF&WF admittedly, but Epcot is at its glorious best then. I'd opt for late May/early June in order to get the best weather whilst still beating those summer crowds.

We're currently loving January. It's a joy to get away to the sun just after Christmas - it avoids that horrible anti-climax and those winter blues. We've been very lucky with the weather - on the whole we've enjoyed temperatures in the 80s with just the odd dip into chillier weather. However, the big compromise is that you don't get those balmy evenings - one of the greatest pleasures of visiting Florida in my book.

We went to Flower and Garden festival for 1st time this year and I agree its worth going to.
Been to Food and wine festival numerous times apart from the music (they do get some great turns) not really a fan of it, we dont drink so never got into it.
Like I said before Oct is our fave month to go, especially for Halloween.

For me the best time to go is in exactly 11 days time!!!!:yay:
Been mid Oct before and loved the warm but not humid weather and the relatively low crowds!

Often things are cheap for a reason. September is one of the less popular, and so cheaper, months.

I think the reason September is slower (and, thus cheaper) is because that's when all the kids are back at school after the summer break. The only reason we'd choose October over September is the IF&WF. The Halloween events aren't such a big draw for us, but they certainly are for many people. At one time, October was also a quiet time, but Disney introduced these special events to increase attendance. They're now employing similar crowd-pulling ploys for September - free DDP and Pirates & Princess Parties. Also, both MNSSHP and IF&WF dates now extend into both September and November.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter