Cheaper wat to get to beach at Atlantis?

minniesideaforfamily

Earning My Ears
Last year my wife and I took a disney cruise on the Dream. While at Nassau we had booked Atlantis Beach day. This year we are returning with kids and a family member but at $100 each i am trying to find a alternative. Blue Lagoon or any cheaper way to the beach. Any recommendations are appreciated!

Junkanoo Beach is free and within walking distance (past the Straw Market) from the ship.

Atlantis: they have an awesome waterpark, and we very much enjoyed our first visit there, which was off the Disney Wonder. We weren't as excited the second time, off the Disney Dream, just because a lot of the thrill of discovery was gone. However, you can go for a LOT less than the DCL excursion price.

The Comfort Suites Paradise Island is across the street from Atlantis. It has full access to Atlantis, including food and beverage charging. We reserved a room at the Comfort Suites for four people. We went straight there from the boat, checked in, then went across the street to Atlantis and enjoyed the day. Total cost for four people: about $250, including resort charges, plus any purchased food. Of note, we never set foot in our room. It wasn't ready when we arrived, but we never intended to see it anyway.

After our day at Atlantis, we went straight back to the ship. Our check-out from the Comfort Suites occurred automatically the next morning (we were long gone by then). So the four of us enjoyed everything that Atlantis had to offer for $250 instead of $1200.

Last year my wife and I took a disney cruise on the Dream. While at Nassau we had booked Atlantis Beach day. This year we are returning with kids and a family member but at $100 each i am trying to find a alternative. Blue Lagoon or any cheaper way to the beach. Any recommendations are appreciated!

We always do the free beach right next to Atlantis. Cabs will take you there or you can take the ferry/taxi boat to paradise island and walk there. There are signs as soon as you come in from the port area into the building it is about $3 pp each way. Drops you off by the Atlantis Marina and you walk through part of Atlantis to the free beach. Chairs to rent and umbrellas about $10 a piece.

The beach near Atlantis is Cabbage Beach. You can hop in a cab and head over; the public entrance is next to the Riu. It'll be about $4/person each way. When you're done, it's pretty easy to get a cab. Note that there are no public bathrooms on Cabbage Beach; there are some about ten minutes walk away at the Marina Village shops, or you can go to one of the bars or restaurants in the Atlantis Beach Tower and talk your way in or buy something.

The vendors on the public beaches can get quite pushy, and the surf on Cabbage beach can be extremely strong. If you want a more relaxing beach experience getting a beach day pass from one of the private beaches in the area isn't a terrible idea. The cheapest, AFAIK, is the Blue Lagoon, which was $54 for adults, last I checked, including transportation and lunch. The most convenient to the cruise terminal is the British Colonial Hilton, at about $65 for adults ($60 if you book in advance).

Last edited:
during my previous stays, when not enjoying the downtown Nassau walk-about, Ive taken my DS to the Sheraton Inn. We paid about $20 for a taxi and $20 each for access to the Sheraton Inn pools and beaches. Nice place and very nice beach

during my previous stays, when not enjoying the downtown Nassau walk-about, Ive taken my DS to the Sheraton Inn. We paid about $20 for a taxi and $20 each for access to the Sheraton Inn pools and beaches. Nice place and very nice beach

We've done this twice however I believe the cost for the pass was $30/person when we went. It's very nice and not usually crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter