Cheaper Disney World Hotel?

acewashere

Earning My Ears
I currently have the following hotel booked for my stay at Disney World:
Wingate by Wyndham Convention Ctr Closest Universal Orlando

I've stayed there a couple times for our visits to orlando so I know what I'm getting.

Free Parking
Free Breakfast
Comfortable bed
No Extra Fees
Refrigerator/Freezer

Only problem is its 10miles (13min) away and that Disney Parking for $15 a day might be worth getting it a little closer to be able to use shuttles or walk. (Or figure out a cheaper way to park?)

So for 1 room (2 queen beds) for 5 nights, it comes out to 83.20 a night and with tax the total stay is $468.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

I recently also stayed (first time) near Universal. Having been to wow hundreds of times by now, thought I'd try a hotel over there. How bad could it be right?

never again. too far, at night driving, was a bit confusing and spent almost 45 minutes or more to get back to hotel after park.

why bother.

I currently have the following hotel booked for my stay at Disney World:
Wingate by Wyndham Convention Ctr Closest Universal Orlando

I've stayed there a couple times for our visits to orlando so I know what I'm getting.

Free Parking
Free Breakfast
Comfortable bed
No Extra Fees
Refrigerator/Freezer

Only problem is its 10miles (13min) away and that Disney Parking for $15 a day might be worth getting it a little closer to be able to use shuttles or walk. (Or figure out a cheaper way to park?)

So for 1 room (2 queen beds) for 5 nights, it comes out to 83.20 a night and with tax the total stay is $468.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Many people love off-site, many people love on-site. It is all good, you are in Florida after all! I thought we were going to try off-site again, after our last not so stellar off-site experience many years ago. DH nixed that idea. Yes, you can find value resorts on property for that rate however no free breakfast, but you won't have any transportation/parking costs. Disney transportation is very convenient. Have a great trip whatever you decide!:)

I would suggest choosing a hotel on West Irlo Bronson. We stayed at Seralago on out last visit. There you are about 6 miles from the Tickets and Transportation center.

I would strongly recommend the DTD hotels. We stayed at the Best Western and were planning to stay there in early December but found a rate at Pop that was almost the same (the deciding factor was the extra magic hours). The Best Western had "heavenly beds," very nice staff, great bus service, and no parking fee. My idea of a vacation includes parking the car upon arrival and not driving it again until we go home:thumbsup2 We took the bus to and from the parks each day. It may have taken a little longer than driving to the parks ourselves, but to us it was worth it, and we like the buses. The hotel was within easy walking distance to DTD.

We paid less than $70/night there two years ago. They had a restaurant, but we did not eat there because we wanted a few extra minutes of sleep before rope drop. Go to the DTD website and get on their mailing list. They will send you emails with offers and specials.

Maybe try one of the marriott properties on Vineland ave., such as courtyard, Fairfield, etc. And then a bunch more similar properties on Palm pkwy.

Thanks for all the advice, after hours of research I decided to claim a room at
HAWTHORN SUITES BY WYNDHAM ORLANDO LAKE BUENA VISTA.

Everything I wanted and then some because I consider the room an upgrade to my original room.

Also ended up buying my Florida Weekend passes, so right now I've spent $1200 on tickets and hotel (First ever visit)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter