• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cheap Wedding at Disney?

Tunatales01

Earning My Ears
I am going on vacation in november with my girlfriend and our two kids and would like to get married there but am looking for something very simple. Is there anyway to get married at Disney very cheap? Not looking to have a reception or anything just a quick wedding and be on our way. She does not know it and would like to suprise her when we get down there and she doesn't want anything real big at all as long as our kids are with us.

The escape wedding is the least expensive DFTW, running around $4000, I think. You might look into the Swan or Dolphin ceremonies, as they are less, but still "near Disney." I think there is also a thread for these locations. You could also research other nearby locations to do a ceremony while you are in the area.

First, let me tell you that surprising her is the most beautiful thing I have ever heard. You can even go as far as to arrange for a dress for her to change into...like cinderella...

Disney offers the escape weddngs starting Ibelieve around 4,000 but give them a call they may be able to work with you!

Thanks for the responses but, i know she doesn't want anyhting big or fancy and just having our two kids with us is perfect and not having much money after paying for the vacation $4,000 would be out of our reach. I was hoping maybe they just did a quick ceremony in front of the disney castle or something like that but guess not. I guess vegas would be the cheapest way to go but i know how much her and my kids love disney.

I was hoping maybe they just did a quick ceremony in front of the disney castle or something like that but guess not.

Actually, to get married in front of the castle would be one of the most expensive things to do :-)

Escape wediing are the most basic, it is just the ceremony and a little cake cutting/toast reception, of about half an hour. Sorry to hear is over budget, so I would also recomend Swan and Dolphin ceremonies, they cost around half.

Anyway, congratulations!

OK here I go again - hope not to get in trouble.

My husband and I were married at WDW in our hotel room. A two bdrm Villa at Old Key West. We had 25 friends and family there, brought our own cake; had WDW Florist deliver flowers. We had the best time!

You will of course need to check out the wedding license. The person who performed our ceremony is a CPA.

I don't think there would be a problem with having your wedding in your own room that you are paying for, just a party for friends and family. Not bothering Disney in any way. Just tip Housekeeping a lot :rotfl2:

Oh and btw, we live locally and got our cake from Publix. Check out the cakes on www.publix.com under specialty cakes. Ours was the Grooms Cake titled Macho Mocha :rotfl2: We changed it to yellow cake inside and fresh strawberry filling - yummy!

OK here I go again - hope not to get in trouble.

My husband and I were married at WDW in our hotel room. A two bdrm Villa at Old Key West. We had 25 friends and family there, brought our own cake; had WDW Florist deliver flowers. We had the best time!

You will of course need to check out the wedding license. The person who performed our ceremony is a CPA.

I don't think there would be a problem with having your wedding in your own room that you are paying for, just a party for friends and family. Not bothering Disney in any way. Just tip Housekeeping a lot :rotfl2:

I read somewhere recently that Disney are very unhappy about people doing this and will stop anyone they find out about and have them removed from Disney property.

I would do some research as there are some places around Disney that I think you could do something very simple without spending a fortune. I've read about Leu Gardens and the Royal Chapel that may offer something just like you are looking for. So although you would not be married in Disney, you would be close, you could make it part of your Disney vacation, and then you could celebrate in your favorite place (Disney :mickeyjum ).

Not knowing the specifics of the license, I would keep in mind that you may not be able to keep it a complete surprise from your fiance as she probably will need to sign something to obtain the license before you get married.

Ooh - this leads me to an idea...what if you surprise her with a limo or town car & driver, head to the clerk's office or wherever the license is obained, and just do the ceremony there? You could tell her you have something special/fancy planned and that she should dress nice or if it fit in your budget, you could set her up with a spa treatment or a beauty treatment first.. And then you could celebrate at a nice dinner at Disney...

If you do your homework, I'm sure you could pull off something very magical...

I would do some research as there are some places around Disney that I think you could do something very simple without spending a fortune. I've read about Leu Gardens and the Royal Chapel that may offer something just like you are looking for. So although you would not be married in Disney, you would be close, you could make it part of your Disney vacation, and then you could celebrate in your favorite place (Disney :mickeyjum ).

Not knowing the specifics of the license, I would keep in mind that you may not be able to keep it a complete surprise from your fiance as she probably will need to sign something to obtain the license before you get married.

Ooh - this leads me to an idea...what if you surprise her with a limo or town car & driver, head to the clerk's office or wherever the license is obained, and just do the ceremony there? You could tell her you have something special/fancy planned and that she should dress nice or if it fit in your budget, you could set her up with a spa treatment or a beauty treatment first.. And then you could celebrate at a nice dinner at Disney...

OOOH! Great idea!:dance3:

That is what I was going to suggest! It's a great idea! Also, if you did a Disney Cruise, I believe you could get married by the Captain and it is cheaper than a WDW Intimate. When I was there I saw a woman surprised by her boyfriend, with a dress delivered and everything!!!

I previously read that they had an 'add-on' package if you are already staying on disney property. This was back in 2005 and I'm not sure if they still have this option but it may be worth a call.

Congrats! I love your idea!

MEME

Totally not meaning to be a party-pooper, but couldn't resist saying this. Please make sure this is something she wants. I think it would take a very special person to be okay with a surprise wedding. There are so many expectations and hopes tied up with a wedding, and if she harbors any of these it could be crushing to have to opportunity to plan her wedding taken away. I really am sorry for bringing this up if I'm way out of line... I just would have hated to not get the chance to enjoying planning my wedding. :flower3:

I read somewhere recently that Disney are very unhappy about people doing this and will stop anyone they find out about and have them removed from Disney property.

I also read a post from a bride that said she asked at the resort, and they said they love to do this! Just another opinion.

One other thing - to get a Florida wedding license, you "both" must show up at the County Courthouse with your birth certificates and ID. If she comes down with you without hers - well your out of luck :headache:

We used the Kissimmee Courthouse.

Best of luck, it a very sweet and romantic thought!

Oh and there is a 3 day waiting period before you can use the wedding license and it is good for 60 days.

Totally not meaning to be a party-pooper, but couldn't resist saying this. Please make sure this is something she wants. I think it would take a very special person to be okay with a surprise wedding. There are so many expectations and hopes tied up with a wedding, and if she harbors any of these it could be crushing to have to opportunity to plan her wedding taken away. I really am sorry for bringing this up if I'm way out of line... I just would have hated to not get the chance to enjoying planning my wedding. :flower3:

Actually, this is kinda what I was thinkin'.....

You want a CHEAP wedding at DISNEY? That's an oximoron if I ever heard one. NOTHING at Disney is Cheap.

Then you mentioned going to Vegas cuz it's cheaper....is this what she would want?

How about PROPOSING at Disney in front of the castle....under the Fireworks!!

OR if you want something a little more private - go to the beach at the POLY or Grand Floridian and watch the fireworks and propose on the beach. Now THAT'S romantic!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter