Cheap romantic get away??

ekatiel

DIS Veteran
So, my parents decided last minute to take our boys camping next weekend, and I've got a bit of wanderlust. OK, really I've got a case of don't-wanna-stay-in-the-house-with-the-dirty-laundry-itis :rolleyes1!! Anyhow, we live in the Houston area, and I'm looking for somewhere cheap to go for 2 days (Friday evening through Sunday morning) with DH. The big problem is that it's Spring Break here, so cheap is going to be hard to come by, as is a place that's within driving distance, romantic, and not overrun by children. Any ideas?? --Katie

Have you thought of renting a room IN Houston, and staying in all weekend?;);) , nudge, nudge

Have you thought of renting a room IN Houston, and staying in all weekend?;);) , nudge, nudge

My dh and I did something similar to this a couple weekends ago. We got a 4 star hotel from priceline for $69. Then we bought discounted tickets to a live theater show for $25 and had a great time. We stayed pretty close to home and it felt like we were off somewhere else just because it was in a nice hotel. :) Hope you found something fun. :love:

I love renting a close hotel room. Go see some Houston sights you wouldn't normally see, go to a restaurant you wouldn't try with kids in tow. Be a tourist in your own town!

There's a really nice hotel in The Woodlands called Avia (I think). If you are not familiar of the Woodlands it is a quaint area with shops, nice places to eat, erc. I was in Houston last week for the Rodeo. I am a city girl and I had a blast!!!!!! My best friend lives there. We always go to the Woodlands to hang out when I visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter