• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

cheap rain ponchos?

bartleby1

DIS Veteran
I need suggestions as to where to find cheapo rain ponchos. I have always bought the ones from walmart that are 88 cents and come in a nice tiny flat package (about 2in by 3in), however, after checking three different walmarts, I've been told they were recalled. Not sure what can go wrong with a plastic bag that it would warrant a recall? :confused3

Anyway, I've checked every dollar store I can find as well as target, bed bath and beyond, and five below, and I cant find them. The stores are either sold out or they only carry larger, bulkier ones.

We leave a week from today for a two week disney trip and I KNOW it will rain (been in August many times, LOL!) and I don't have ponchos. Does anyone have suggestions on where to find them?

I bought the ones at Disney, I know they're not cheap, but they're sturdy enough to be reused. I will be reusing mine this year, I think it's an investment, and I can consider them a souvenir.

You can buy ponchos in Walmart for 87c. The ones in Disney were $9 (although can be reused I suppose). Gotta love those Disney margins!

I bought the ones at Disney, I know they're not cheap, but they're sturdy enough to be reused. I will be reusing mine this year, I think it's an investment, and I can consider them a souvenir.

Thanks, but there are 7 of us and I don't want to lug around bulkier ones. We've used the walmart ones every trip and they've always been fine, even the year a tropical storm sat on top of disney for a week and it poured every day. Unfortunately, I only have 3 of them leftover from previous years and would like to go with at least 2 for everyone but apparently they've been recalled. Ugh. I thought this would be easy!

I bought a cheap little Poncho at CVS before my trip! It fits into a tiny little flat pouch. Very easy to throw into a bag and carry around. I can't remember how much it was but it wasn't very expensive.

Here's a picture of it, that I just took - I never ended up using it, so I still have it neatly in it's little pouch.
poncho_zps2773e92d.jpg

Also, I think I've seen something similar at dollar stores. So maybe try there?

I bought a pack of 20 from Amazon.com. I figured they will last awhile. Right now a pack of 20 is listed for $17.40.

I bought a cheap little Poncho at CVS before my trip! It fits into a tiny little flat pouch. Very easy to throw into a bag and carry around. I can't remember how much it was but it wasn't very expensive.

THanks, I haven't checked CVS yet, and there is one right by my house!

I've got hubby out checking stores out by the mall area. He just found 3 at sports authority. That's all they had left. $2 each, but I still need more. What is the big run on emergency ponchos this year? :confused3

I bought a pack of 20 from Amazon.com. I figured they will last awhile. Right now a pack of 20 is listed for $17.40.

I'll have to keep that in mind for next time. Don't know why I didn't think of amazon - I buy so much from them. Too short on time to get them now though.

Target in the camping section. They're less than a dollar, come in convenient, small packages, AND come in bright colors so you can easily find your party in the rain!

Try CVS or Walgreens,I got some pretty good ones at the Walgreens across from Sea World,next to WaWa for $2.97.They were not those super thin ones that go for $1,they were thicker and pretty good quality.

Many hardware stores, and Family Dollar stores carry inexpensive ponchos.
If push comes to shove, you can always take a large garbage bag and cut the appropriate holes for head and arms.

Dollar tree stores. U could even get two for each person without breaking the bank. They're in very small packages.

Dollar tree stores. U could even get two for each person without breaking the bank. They're in very small packages.

I have found them at Dollar Tree, they come in packages of 2. They are very thin, so they will keep you dry, but reusing them seems to be out of the question.

Any Dollar Store should have them, at least the clear ones. They're getting a bit picked over now (at least my local dollar store seems to be) but they stock them throughout the year so you should able to find them. And Walgreen's has them, too, they're just not a buck.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter