Cheap nondisney hotel that sleeps 5

jkid721133

Mouseketeer
does anyone have any suggestions for a cheap nondisney hotel that can sleep 5 in one room? Two adults, three kids under 10? The cost of disneys art of animation suites have sky rocketed since we last stayedthere two years ago, almost $400 per night.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Bonnet Creek timeshares (not the hotel) are located extremely close to WDW. Last fall we booked a last minute trip in a 3 bedroom condo for a week at $500.

Farther away, but also nice, is Bahama Bay Resort. A 2 bedroom condo is typically less then $100/night, plus a one time ~$90 cleaning fee.

Buena vista suites about 100 a day with real hot breakfast. 5 minutes to on property

2 queen beds with a pull out couch in another room oops you asked for only one room. :)

Last edited:

There are many hotels at good rates ...... Look at these first ..... Then change your plans for cost of Disney.

Do you really really want all the " Disney " stuff that will be thrown out within weeks ?

To give yourselves a good vacation ( ALL family members ) OPT for 2 rooms.

We love caribe cove, you can get a 2 bedroom 2 bath condo for less that $100 a night if you go through bookit. We also just got back from a stay at a townhouse in windsor hills. 3 bed 3 bath, private pool, 15 minutes drive to the TTc parking lot. We paid $125/night. It had beautiful theming. A princess room with carriages, a lego room, tasteful disney artwork on the walls.

It is beyond me why anyone pays on property rates.

Do you really want to be in one room? I know when I travel with my child, I specifically only look for resorts where she can be in her OWN room (or at least sleep in the living room while we have our own bedroom.) My kiddo is asleep no later than 8pm, so spending my evenings not talking and not watching tv so we don't wake her up doesn't sound like fun.

I would highly recommend Wyndham Bonnet Creek (or similar timeshare). I like booking off EBay as long as the seller has excellent feedback.

We are sometimes 5. We like:
- Doubletree Suites at DTD (rate plus parking), new renovation, suites are well done.
- Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista SOUTH (no resort fee or parking fee), great hot breakfast included and managers receptions at night, fairly new
- StayBridge Suites Lake Buena Vista, hot breakfast buffet included, newly renovated
- Buena Vista Suites, about to add a resort fee, breakfast included. Thursday one day sales.
- Sister resort, Caribe Royale, no meals but great pools. Check their website for one day sales on Wednesday.
- Really want one room, Hampton Inn Lake Buena Vista South has a great Queen/Queen/Sofabed Room that is HUGE!!! Breakfast included.
- Really want one room close, B Resort at DTD had rooms with a Queen/Queen/Sofabed. We stayed in one. Brand new complete hotel renovations. Deals to be found below or direct on their own website.

Check Mousesavers for deals at some of the above. Check DowntownDisneyHotels.com for sales.

:( been there 3 times and expect to go back.

Already done. I think what I read was if you booked by a certain date you were grandfathered in with no fees. Kinda disappointed myself. Would only use wifi but then I have a hotspot so that isn't even necessary.

"A Hotel Fee of $9.95 per night, plus tax, is applied to each reservation booked at Buena Vista Suites."

The following bundle of services will be included in the Hotel Fee for your convenience.
  • Standard Wi-Fi package with up to four devices. Up to two additional devices and/ or/premium service available for just $4.95 per day.
  • Scheduled shuttle service to the four Walt Disney World Theme Parks, Disney Springs, and Orlando Vineland Premium Outlets. Reservations required (for individual reservations only).
  • In-suite coffee.
  • Unlimited local and 800 access telephone calls.
  • 20% dining discount coupon for the Vista Bistro, a great steakhouse.
  • Use of self-service Business Center.
  • Use of tennis and basketball equipment.
  • 10% discount on spa services at the Island Spa located next door at the Caribe Royale (present suite key to spa concierge).
  • 5% discount at Hertz Car Rental, located in main lobby of the Caribe Royale (present suite key to agent). Discount applies only to cars rented and returned from the hotel location.

Already done. I think what I read was if you booked by a certain date you were grandfathered in with no fees. Kinda disappointed myself. Would only use wifi but then I have a hotspot so that isn't even necessary.

"A Hotel Fee of $9.95 per night, plus tax, is applied to each reservation booked at Buena Vista Suites."

The following bundle of services will be included in the Hotel Fee for your convenience.
  • Standard Wi-Fi package with up to four devices. Up to two additional devices and/ or/premium service available for just $4.95 per day.
  • Scheduled shuttle service to the four Walt Disney World Theme Parks, Disney Springs, and Orlando Vineland Premium Outlets. Reservations required (for individual reservations only).
  • In-suite coffee.
  • Unlimited local and 800 access telephone calls.
  • 20% dining discount coupon for the Vista Bistro, a great steakhouse.
  • Use of self-service Business Center.
  • Use of tennis and basketball equipment.
  • 10% discount on spa services at the Island Spa located next door at the Caribe Royale (present suite key to spa concierge).
  • 5% discount at Hertz Car Rental, located in main lobby of the Caribe Royale (present suite key to agent). Discount applies only to cars rented and returned from the hotel location.

Same here I would just just turn on my hot spot on my phone.

Last time going down we had wi fi in the car. Boy my kids have it nice. My entertainment was looking out the open window(no A/C or it was always broken) or something stupid like read books. :).

My wi fi is though work and at the time my plan was unlimited.

Same here I would just just turn on my hot spot on my phone.

Last time going down we had wi fi in the car. Boy my kids have it nice. My entertainment was looking out the open window(no A/C or it was always broken) or something stupid like read books. :).

My wi fi is though work and at the time my plan was unlimited.

Unlimited is music to the ears! Luckily have a huge package and we rollover constantly. Agree on how easy it is to travel now in the car with all the electronics. My kids are big too and luckily WDW fans.

Since you have a car, you can also look at booking a condo or a house offsite for the price of a hotel room.

Unlimited is music to the ears! Luckily have a huge package and we rollover constantly. Agree on how easy it is to travel now in the car with all the electronics. My kids are big too and luckily WDW fans.

My son wanted to download a game or something for his gameboy on the trip down and was like are you sure its unlimited and I said yes. He did a 3 gig download.

Now we all share 120 gig at work and don't come close to using it and even my home plan is 10 gigs for just 2 smart phones. One is my wife's and she uses like .001 gig a month and my son his wi fi almost all teh time.

My son wanted to download a game or something for his gameboy on the trip down and was like are you sure its unlimited and I said yes. He did a 3 gig download.

Now we all share 120 gig at work and don't come close to using it and even my home plan is 10 gigs for just 2 smart phones. One is my wife's and she uses like .001 gig a month and my son his wi fi almost all teh time.

I share 15g with my two. Only time we came close to using was last year while DD was at WDW on the College Program. The wifi in her apartment was terrible. We are all so spoiled anymore. We were watching a movie today and the woman got approved for a car loan instantly. DS looks at me and says how did they do all that before the internet. I said paper, snail mail and a couple weeks. His face was priceless.

Mystic Dunes! It's so close to Disney. The condos are spacious and staff has always been very accommodating. I've scored great rates on Hotwire, condodirect and bookit.com.

Since you'll have a car, i'd definitely be looking at rental properties and timeshares. Why deal with a room, or even a suite, when you can have a condo, townhouse, or even a single home with a private screened-in pool?

vrbo.com for condos, townhomes, and houses.
skyauction.com for timeshares.

I just booked a 7-night stay at a timeshare for $279 + a $35 resort fee, so $314 total, less than $45/night for a 2-bedroom unit 5 minutes from Animal Kingdom. Tough to beat that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter