Cheap hotel near airport

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by luvaladdin, Jun 20, 2003.

1. luvaladdin

luvaladdin Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you

In order to get a better price on flights, I'm thinking of flying in the night before our FT package starts. We will have no car, I will use a towncar service to get us to Disney. The Hyatt in the airport is too expensive. Do you know a close, cheap place near the airport? Also, does the hotel provide transportation from the airport to the hotel? (Please don't laugh, I just have no idea if they offer such a service.) My other alternative, I suppose, is to book one night at the All Stars and hope a code comes out to get a better rate, then checkout and checkin again under the FT package.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Cheryl

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. prncess674

prncess674 DIS Veteran

I would suggest Priceline for a one night hotel stay. Read the information on www.biddingfortravel.com to see what the winning bids were for the MCO airport location.

4. 3PRINCESSMOM

3PRINCESSMOM Used to be 3PRINCESSMOM, but alas she nows has a P

We are hoping to do the exact same thing as the original post. The only difference is that we will have a car. I do not want to risk bidding, even for just one night. Does anyone know of a real bargain hotel near the airport?

5. prncess674

prncess674 DIS Veteran

I am not sure what you are worried about "risking" by bidding but all the hotels that have come up on PL are all very reputable hotels. Especially if you bid 3 star. The 3* can be had for $35 and anything you could get for $35 (or less) is going to be alot worse than any of these very nice hotels. There have been several winning 3* bids in the $25 a night range.

Orlando Airport (MCO)

3 Star
    Holiday Inn Select Airport
    Marriott Airport Hotel
    Renaissance Airport Hotel
    Hyatt Regency Airport
    Sheraton Suites

2.5 Star
    Amerisuites Airport Northwest
    Amerisuites Airport Northeast
    Courtyard by Marriott

2 Star
    Four Points Orlando Airport
    La Quinta Airport West
    La Quinta Inn and Suites Orlando Airport North

6. nuthut

nuthut <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

My suggestion is to stay at either of the amerisuites at about $59 or the Laquinta Inns and suites at $49. Both are very nice hotels and include breakfast. I have used all three many times with no problems. Free airport transportation is included.

7. Lewisc

Lewisc <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

The only "risk" is if your plans change or if you're trying to put more than 2 in a room (although with very few exceptions people are able to get 2 beds).

The 3* (and even 2.5*) hotels by the airport are all fine.

8. mykidsmom

mykidsmom Mouseketeer

Our situation is the same as the OP except that we will have our car. We got the Marriot Airport for $25 using Priceline!

9. w8ting4pooh

w8ting4pooh Commando planner

We got the Hyatt last night on Hotwire! With tax and fees, it was $64.95. The rooms are $129 plus tax thru Mariott website so it's a steal thru Hotwire. I didn't want to do Priceline because I only wanted the Hyatt.

10. CarolA

CarolA <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

Great deal. This is actually a very nice hotel and the one night I stayed there I was amazed at how quite it was.