• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cheap flights to paris, france - help please

jennwdw

Mouseketeer
Ok since I'm the resident Disney travel person for my friends and family, apparently they think my knowledge would also cover international travel. haha. So I'm back here for help. My friends are wanting a flight to Paris Sep 30 - Oct 8 and are looking for the best deal on airfare. The best I'm finding so far would be $1750 for 2 (yep that's just flights, hardly the SW Ding fares I normally go for.) This would be from CVG to CDG or ORY whichever cost less. We are in Louisville, KY but were hoping to travel out of cinci. because of the direct flights.

So if anyone has some tips on how to get the best deal. I'd be extremely greatful. Thanks in advance!!!!

Did you try each airlines site? The airfares ARE up this year - we are paying about $1450 round trip for the two of us to London (much of the trip is in France, but we get direct flights to London from here - better than making switches and such). Check also the AAA site, if you have AAA - I could have actually saved a few more dollars doing that.

Just a THOUGHT i just booked my moms trip to London (same idea about me being the DISNEy person they figure i can do everything!!). She leaves at the end of the month and i just got these rates 2 days ago!

She is flying into LONDON for 767$ RT on American Airlines and she has to go to Londo b/c of a wedding. BUT then she is going to PARIS and is taking the Eurostar train and that's 169$ round trip. the trip is only 2hrs and 35minutes.
so for around 1000$ it's a great deal compared to what you found. Just thought it might work if they are willing to fly into and out of London. I love flying in and out of there! it's a great airport!! :) HTH! if you need anything else just ask

That is what I was trying to say as well - London actually can be a better place to fly into (sometimes less expensive, definitely!) and then you can get the Eurostar.

And you can stay and hang out in London for a few days if you have time. We are doing 5 nights in London this year, I wasn't originally even planning for it.

imo, i would fly in and out of london as well charles de gaule airport is very scary!!!

I agree that London might be your best bet, taking the train from there. Maybe check Amsterdam as well. My stepsister lives there and takes the train to Paris....even for lunch sometimes....so that might be a good option for you, too. I spent $1300 each to travel to Italy last month. Two years ago, same time of year, same routing, was $700!

You may also want to check the price of a flight to NY and Boston, then one to Paris. Many times there are specials from the east coast and it could be much less.

I shopped for my Minneapolis to Dublin flight from about Christmas to May and finally purchased our tickets for $700 a piece. It was sitting at a much higher rate for a long while and this was a price I could live with. I ended up purchasing through Expedia. Also check the airline you'll be flying and online sights like: Expedia, Travelocity, Kayak etc. Hope this helps, and again you do have to keep checking (it's alot of work-I know), it's worth it. Just today I saw that flights to Dublin were on sale, BUT: the prices were for one ways, they didn't include my departing city, so it was kind of NOT a good deal for me. There are lots of variables.

You may also try flying into Brussels and taking a train from there.

Good luck I wasn't able to find anything cheaper than $1,400 out of NYC and as such missed a college reunion in Paris this past July :( But, at least my friends that went kept calling me so I actually almost felt I was there....not the same BUT...............

I am looking at dates very close to yours - I want to take my mother (widow) to Italy for her birthday. I checked out www.ryanairlines.com and found flights from London to Italy (Venice) round trip for $55.20!!!! They are having a huge sale and they are a low fare airlines (similar to our JetBlue or AirTran). Only problem is that you still need to get over to Europe to use them, but once there you can get flights ridiculously cheap around the country. I have found flying in to London to generally be the cheapest way to get across the Atlantic. Good luck! :goodvibes

magiccouple2004 said:
imo, i would fly in and out of london as well charles de gaule airport is very scary!!!

I would love to hear why you found it scary.

London and the Eurostar is a good idea but I have to say that I didn't find CDG scary. We did openjaw, into London Gatwick and home from Paris, last summer. We then took the Eurostar to Paris. We flew home on the day of the London subway bombings and found the security at CDG to be very tight. It also appeared to be much cleaner than on a previous trip.

On a prior trip to France, we flew in and out of CDG. I felt perfectly safe then also.

I have no real tips other than shop around and we really liked flying on British Airways. Sign up for email notices for all airlines and book it as soon as you find a good price. A good price would probably be in the $700 range.

How scary this morning - the terrorist plot for blowing up planes between London and the US! Hopefully they catch the whole group involved.

We leave for London in about a month.

Wait a few day and jump when you see the airfare.

The "plots" announced today will cause folks to panic resulting in airlines having to run sales to fill the seats.

(If I could get off work I would go.)

Personally, I don't find CDG "Scary" at all, (you want "scary" go to Miami LOL!)

Also, before you book the RyanAir deals CAREFULLY read all the luggage restrictions. They are extensive and checking too much luggage can cost you as much or more then the ticket.

I don't know anyone who is cancelling due to todays event - and I doubt there will be any sales due to it.

I am not as thrilled with CDG, I did find it overwhelming - but it wasn't scary per se' either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter