Cheap flights from T.O.

northerngirl

Mouseketeer
Need your help please.....

I have offered my DB & his family (DW & 2 KIDS) to join us this Nov. for one week. DH & I are DVC members so we are springing for a 2 bedroom for the week they are there, then we will check into a studio for the two of us.

Now my DB says they may not be able to come due to financial reasons. SIL does not work & they work wonders on his salary alone. Basically, all they really have to pay for is their airfare, a few groceries and a few dinners out. (Breakfast & lunch in the room as there is a full kitchen). DH & I are paying for their park passes.

Anyway, I digress. I need your help with links to finding cheap airfare out of T.O. so that I can experience the magic with my beloved neice & nephew. It would mean the world to me!! (No pun intended...) :earsgirl:

northerngirl said:
Need your help please.....

I have offered my DB & his family (DW & 2 KIDS) to join us this Nov. for one week. DH & I are DVC members so we are springing for a 2 bedroom for the week they are there, then we will check into a studio for the two of us.

Now my DB says they may not be able to come due to financial reasons. SIL does not work & they work wonders on his salary alone. Basically, all they really have to pay for is their airfare, a few groceries and a few dinners out. (Breakfast & lunch in the room as there is a full kitchen). DH & I are paying for their park passes.

Anyway, I digress. I need your help with links to finding cheap airfare out of T.O. so that I can experience the magic with my beloved neice & nephew. It would mean the world to me!! (No pun intended...) :earsgirl:

Sorry to tell you but NO Such Animal Exists!

Would Flying out of Buffalo be an option?

Scratch
pirate:

If they can make it to Buffalo I'd suggest NWA.
Right now it's showing $149 return for November.

I think the sales for $20.05 Cdn on one of the return flights is still on. Jetsgo flies from TO to Orlando. Check it at www.jetsgo.net

Hope that helps.

Cheap flights out of Pearson are rare to none. There is to many useless taxes and surcharges. Your flight could be quoted @ $140 and end up costing close to $500, especially with the new "tax", because Pearson jacked up the price for airlines to rent gates, we get to endure the extra cost. :mad:

Get yourself to Buffalo where the total price paid on a Southwest flight to Orlando was approximately the same as the taxes levied on an Air Canada flight on the same day out of YYZ.

Thanks everyone...my fellow Canuck DIS-ers are the best!!

I will try all of your tips ie. NWA, SWA and Jets go.

I could use lot's of pixie dust to pull off this trip of a lifetime with my Prince & Princess ie. Neice and Nephew

:disrocks:

Have you tried NWA out of YKF-only an hour west of Toronto-easy checkin-no crowds! It was $388 for end of November for our dates.

I just booked Air Transat for $314.00 taxes included. We fly out March 24th-05. I am happy with that price.

Another vote for SWA out of Buffalo. Just returned and price was $125 usd return. I will never fly out of Pearson again. Curbside checkin, no customs, doesn't get any better!!!

What is the airlines you have booked and where do you fly out of? I am looking for flights for May.
thanks Diane

SWA out of Buffalo for me too! We just returned from our vacation Jan 21-28 and our fare for 6 - yes 6 of us was $550! And that is in canadian dollars! We were quoted $3000 for the same days out of Pearson! I can drive to Buffalo for that and wow is it nice to just get off the plane and not have to go threw customs! We were out of the airport with luggage in less than 20 minutes in Buffalo and Orlando!

I am just wondering how far inadvance did with swa? Or did you book and then find a deal closer to your travel dates? Which fare did you book? Also did you book through their website or not?
thanks Diane

I booked about 2 months in advance. My brother recommended SWA and I checked there website. That is where I booked and got my prices and the choices of flight times. I called about the child fare and the rep I talked to said the internet had the best deals and the phone in rates were higher.

After I booked on line about a week later I checked again and the rate had gone down - I called into there Customer Service # and they changed the rates from there and sent me a new email with the new rates and my credit on it.

We usually use Air Canada but next time I will give NWA a try out of YKF (seems their fairs have come down some). They usually do one stop in Detroit - then straight to MCO.

(P.S. Have used some charters in the past but none of them (except Air transat) are still flying - Royal Air, Canada 3000 ).

Just purchased my tickets thru Signature travel website on Friday for flight departing from YYZ (TO) on Feb 28 return March 8 and my total with taxes was 1064.65 (2 Adults on child age 11 on Sky Service). Great departure time too...6:20 AM puts us in Orlando at 9:10 AM. I tried Jets go and I was quoted at close to 1400.00. Tried Buffalo as well but with Park and Fly and a nights stay over it wasn't worth it for us. Goodluck!

pkitty said:
Just purchased my tickets thru Signature travel website on Friday for flight departing from YYZ (TO) on Feb 28 return March 8 and my total with taxes was 1064.65 (2 Adults on child age 11 on Sky Service). Great departure time too...6:20 AM puts us in Orlando at 9:10 AM. I tried Jets go and I was quoted at close to 1400.00. Tried Buffalo as well but with Park and Fly and a nights stay over it wasn't worth it for us. Goodluck!

This is truly a case in which YMMV. I'm a "Fly out of Buffalo" convert and it was "worth it for us."

3 return flights (2 adults, 1 child age 5) on Southwest = $588.03 CDN
1 night at Holiday Inn Express Buffalo (inc. parking & shuttle) = $114.99 US
Avoiding Pearson International Airport = PRICELESS

Too funny :rotfl2: :rotfl2: RoyalCanadian!

I have to agree - 6 tickets on SWA = $451, 1 night at Comfort Suites Park & Fly = $89

For a grand total of $540 for 6 people - cannot be beat!

Royal Canadian my dd is 11 and does not recieve the same discounts on her seat that she once did. I found this to be the case with almost every airline quote that I looked at.Iam not one to sweat the details but quite frankly I don't find Pearson to be a big deal and I do find driving 4 hours to catch a flight from Buffalo that isn't direct "not worth it " for my particular situation. Yes $300 dollars is a savings that I would have liked to realize but I am satisfied with the flight I did get quoted on. Also time of year and day of departure have an impact on flight costs so therefore if you can make your dates fit you are that much better off.Also I found that the quote that I got from SWA was inital 219 US but then there was approxiamtely 60.00 worth of taxes so in the long run I'am even.

Flight 219.00 + 60.00=279.00 Us plus exchange
Hotel cost and Park'n Fly 89.00-100.00 Us
Total cost 279.00 x3 = 837.00 Us plus exchange

Grand total 837.00 + 89.00 = 926.00 Us

With the exchange and convenience factor I figure I did well for myself. I 've been looking at these flights for 3 weeks now and unless I am calculating wrong for my dates I just don't seem to be getting the "deals". JetsGOs 20.00 seat sale did fit my dates and in the end calculated out with taxes to be $300.00 CDN more than Signature Vacations...that figures. I've tried every airline discount and link and the price always shakes out to be about the same. :cat:
Have fun disecting my math!!!

Other than the US airlines out of Buffalo...Your choices include:
Air Canada (or Tango)
Air Transat
Jetsgo
Westjet
Skyservice
Sunwing
Canjet(out of Hamilton)
All have websites for comparrison (although the Air Transat and Skyservice dont advertise that far ahead)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter