Cheap flights August 09

wayneg

Ones I just saw for ours dates were these below, great times for indirect only £348, a nice saving on Virgin at £737 for the same dates.
Someone has posted on another forum they have found Heathrow to Tampa for £380
Best way of finding them is on Travelsupermarket.com will give you details of where to book.
Shame I have already booked I would have snapped these up, BHX is only 2 hours from me.

Dep: [BHX] Birmingham
Thu 06 Aug 09, 08:45 [MCO] Florida - Orlando..
Thu 06 Aug 09, 16:08 1 Stop
12h 23m
Rtn: [MCO] Florida - Orlando..
Mon 31 Aug 09, 14:45 [BHX] Birmingham
Tue 01 Sep 09, 06:25 1 Stop
10h 40m

just about to post about them wayne.we booked tonight for flights from man to mco via phili for £380 each:cool1: flying the 9 aug to 24th aug
Could have gone for 3 weeks for £355 but with the credit crunch ect:rotfl2: decided on just the 2 weeks and a day flying with us airways
Paulh

Best way of finding them is on Travelsupermarket.com will give you details of where to book.
Shame I have already booked I would have snapped these up, BHX is only 2 hours from me.

Try www.kayak.co.uk there a great web flight crawler
Paulh

nice prices!!

i can't book this far in advance...
in fact, i always use an agent, so that i don't have to buy the tickets until a few days before the flight (i reserve the flight and then i only pay and get the tickets a few days before the flight)...
i never really know if i'm going, until i'm on the plane.. :goodvibes

Try www.kayak.co.uk there a great web flight crawler
Paulh

I find Kayak very hit and miss, I do use it every time I am searching but it sometimes misses available flights.
Only way is to use a few search engines then hopefully between them they pick up everything available.
Main ones I use
Kayak
Travelsupermarket
Kelkoo
Orbitz (Not so great now with stronger $ but was brilliant earlier this year, paying in $'s saved us loads)
http://matrix.itasoftware.com/cvg/dispatch

Glad you got a bargain Paul, I hate seeing people pay crazy prices for August.. Have you decided where you are staying yet?

still quite a few dates left in september £323 +2,000 miles from manchester if anyone is interested

still quite a few dates left in september £323 +2,000 miles from manchester if anyone is interested

Would love to go Sept but next Sept will be start of Matt's final year at HS. Will be great when we can go anytime.

Would love to go Sept but next Sept will be start of Matt's final year at HS. Will be great when we can go anytime.

yep, its great for us now I have finished working at the school and all the kids are grown-up we can go anytime!:)

Great prices, Wayne and Paul:thumbsup2
We're not returning until Aug/early sept 2010.....I hope I get prices like that in a years time ::yes::

I find Kayak very hit and miss, I do use it every time I am searching but it sometimes misses available flights.
Only way is to use a few search engines then hopefully between them they pick up everything available.
Main ones I use
Kayak
Travelsupermarket
Kelkoo
Orbitz (Not so great now with stronger $ but was brilliant earlier this year, paying in $'s saved us loads)
http://matrix.itasoftware.com/cvg/dispatch

Glad you got a bargain Paul, I hate seeing people pay crazy prices for August.. Have you decided where you are staying yet?

Yep i do the same always compare from different sites(do this for everthing we get not just flights) travelocity are good as well and we look on opodo as well.
For the accomadation were sorting it out this weekend,as were dvc were planning on AKLV but as not our home reort will have to wait till end of jan to book.way things are looking over there souldent be a problem getting in,first few nights at pop thougth
Must have been our day yesterday,walked into hmv and got a wii fit,now hopeing those numbers come up tonight
Paulh

For the accomadation were sorting it out this weekend,as were dvc were planning on AKLV but as not our home reort will have to wait till end of jan to book.way things are looking over there souldent be a problem getting in,first few nights at pop thougth
Must have been our day yesterday,walked into hmv and got a wii fit,now hopeing those numbers come up tonight
Paulh

I think you will have the pick of resorts next August the way the economies are on both sides of the pond. We got OKW for £91/night incl free DDP which was a bargain compared to Disney.com at $331.88 (£215)/night just room only:scared1: . We are there 6th-22nd then on DCL for 7 nights So won't check into AKL until you have left 29th-31st.
If your numbers come up though I will be out looking for you for a free drink:thumbsup2

I think you will have the pick of resorts next August the way the economies are on both sides of the pond. We got OKW for £91/night incl free DDP which was a bargain compared to Disney.com at $331.88 (£215)/night just room only:scared1: . We are there 6th-22nd then on DCL for 7 nights So won't check into AKL until you have left 29th-31st.
If your numbers come up though I will be out looking for you for a free drink:thumbsup2

the way things are going they will be shuttering a few resorts up,like after 9/11. i think one mod and one value
Paulh

Ones I just saw for ours dates were these below, great times for indirect only £348, a nice saving on Virgin at £737 for the same dates.
Someone has posted on another forum they have found Heathrow to Tampa for £380

Dep: [BHX] Birmingham
Thu 06 Aug 09, 08:45 [MCO] Florida - Orlando..
Thu 06 Aug 09, 16:08 1 Stop
12h 23m
Rtn: [MCO] Florida - Orlando..
Mon 31 Aug 09, 14:45 [BHX] Birmingham
Tue 01 Sep 09, 06:25 1 Stop
10h 40m

:thumbsup2 Wayne You Are "Da Best" I Have Just Booked Our Flights (Cheap As Chips:rotfl: :rotfl: ) For Next August:) A Big Thanks To You:goodvibes :goodvibes

I couldn't sleep on Monday night and found really cheap flights on netflights.com (and Opodo were only a little more expensive) at 4am. Since there was 8 of us going (three different households) I had to clear it with everyone and we finally booked tonight and I nearly had a heart attack when I saw this thread thinking that we were going to miss out (as we did with the flights Wayne got) by getting everyone to agree in a timely manner with too many Dissers booking up after seeing this thread- but we got the flights okay.

So we got Glasgow to Orlando International (via Philly) leaving August 4th and returning on the 25th (18th/2 weeks was same price) for only £345.50 an adult and the kids prices were a little cheaper. Hope this helps some more folks.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I couldn't sleep on Monday night and found really cheap flights on netflights.com (and Opodo were only a little more expensive) at 4am. Since there was 8 of us going (three different households) I had to clear it with everyone and we finally booked tonight and I nearly had a heart attack when I saw this thread thinking that we were going to miss out (as we did with the flights Wayne got) by getting everyone to agree in a timely manner with too many Dissers booking up after seeing this thread- but we got the flights okay.

So we got Glasgow to Orlando International (via Philly) leaving August 4th and returning on the 25th (18th/2 weeks was same price) for only £345.50 an adult and the kids prices were a little cheaper. Hope this helps some more folks.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :banana: :banana: :banana:

as in Philadelphia??? how long is your lay over ??? I am about 15 minutes away from PHL :goodvibes :woohoo:

as in Philadelphia??? how long is your lay over ??? I am about 15 minutes away from PHL :goodvibes :woohoo:

Yup! 2 hours and 55 mins on the way out and only an hour and 37 mins on the way back. I don't know if we are allowed to go out and back through security though :sad1: But it's killing mum knowing she can't smoke (she could in Detroit and Memphis last trip).

Yup! 2 hours and 55 mins on the way out and only an hour and 37 mins on the way back. I don't know if we are allowed to go out and back through security though :sad1: But it's killing mum knowing she can't smoke (she could in Detroit and Memphis last trip).

aahh that is a short period of time to go out... you might get long lines around the TSA bummer!!! And yeah... no smoking in all over PHL ... sorry Mum!!! :hug:

Just checked our dates again(6th-31st August), BHX to MCO now only £317 with Opodo. Fantastic prices for August.

We got OKW for £91/night incl free DDP which was a bargain compared to Disney.com at $331.88 (£215)/night just room only:scared1: .

That is a good price. I need to book somewhere next August and would love to get a price like that. Where is the best place to book Disney resorts?

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter