Cheap/Fast Breakfast?; HRH; YoungKids

BuzzLightYear3

Mouseketeer
Hi....we'll be at the HRH in a Kids Suite for 3 nights in just a week and a half. We have 3 kids (8, 4, and 21 months). Any ideas/suggestions for cheap/fast breakfasts? When we go to Disney, we get a place with a kitchen/refrigerator so that we can eat breakfast and lunch in the room. I'm wondering what we should do at HRH. I know we could keep some juice in an ice bucket....my kids like cold cereal for breakfast though, and I'm hesitant to keep milk on ice....don't want to take the risk of giving them bad milk and starting off the vacation days with upset stomachs (but maybe that's not really a concern?) Any suggestions for what we could do in the room or for convenient places to pick-up a simple and fast breakfast in the area would be appreciated!

Hi! We just returned from HRH. We had a standard pool view room. You can get a cheap (?), fast breakfast at the Sunset Grill on the first floor. There is a to-go area on your right when you enter the restaurant. They have cereal, muffins, bagels (you have to ask for them), fruit, juice, and milk. We ate breakfast there one morning and paid about $23 for coffee cake, 2 bagels, fruit bowl, 2 coffees, and an oj. We always go to the local grocery store and get a foam cooler for juice boxes and beer. We even stored milk on our last vacation and it turned out all right, with lots of trips to the ice machine! There is a small fridge in your room and I don't think they mind if you store milk in it.

We just got back so if you have any more questions, please ask! We have two children ages 7 and 5.

By the way, Pizza Hut delivers to the hotel. We did that one night for dinner and the kids were thrilled!

Thanks for the tips/info.....anything other tips that you found helpful with or appreciated by your kids would be great!

Thanks!

hey buzz, i saw one of your other posts, you are going to the bwv and half at the hrh. that is about what we did last week. 4 days at the hrh and 3 at the YC. If you used a entertaintment book for your hotel discount there is a deal in the back that you get 10 bucks an adult and 8 bucks a kid in script money when you buy your tickets. you can spend it anywhere. we got a great rate on a full size national car using the ent. book and disney membership. 186 bucks for sat. to sat. on a full size. have you been to ioa and universal lately? you will love the fotl with kids, you can actually relax on vacation. my wife is a scrapbooker and we had plenty of time to pose for the ton of pictures we took. anyway if you have any questions post here and we will get back to you.

Thanks for the tips....we already bought our tickets to get the Discover deal, but that's enough to make me realize that I really need to get an Entertainment Book in the future. Got a good deal on a minivan...$210/week...using a code someone provided on the DIS, but thanks for letting me know about your rate....if I didn't already have the reservation I'd probably be calling. This will be our first trip to Univeral/IOA....can't think of any questions right now that I haven't already posted, but if you have any tips/advice it'd be great!

Thanks!

This is an FYI I learned last year, the van at Dollar is the small model, it is a minvan, but it does fill up fast, about a foot shorter than the long one you rent elsewhere, just wanted to let you know...

Radar....Thanks for letting me know. I guess we're going to have a tight fit trying to get the kids and the luggage in all together....I've seen those small versions and I know what you mean....hardly any luggage space. Knowing in advance helps....

Thanks again!

we brought donuts, pop tarts and the small boxes of cereal with us, then just went down & bought milk at the to-go area at sunset grill. It was much cheaper that way. We made coffee in the room for ourselves.

Originally posted by dbail2
Is there a coffee maker in the room?? With coffee?? sugar??

I don't recall seeing sugar in the room but when I went down to get the kids milk I just asked for some creamers & sugars for our coffee in the room. Luckily our room was right above the Sunset Grill so it only took a minute.

I believe there is no refrigerator in the room as someone stated. There is a mini-bar but it isn't cold, just insulated. It sounds like the foam cooler is your best bet. Hope you have time for a trip report, I've seen many enquiries on the board asking for tips when doing Universal w/very young children.

Have fun!!!:)

Just got back, personal suggestion, skip the kids suite and go for the concierge level, used my Loews Card and good old fashioned bribe,try $10, we got to 7th floor, there ended up being six of us, she quietly made them all keys, this place is soooooooooo beautiful didn't want to leave. Also you may want to leave parks during aft. and swim, we went all day got back a coupl eof times and storms closed pool, they are real paranoid about storms because of the water slide. on concierge you get all the sodas, bottled water you want, continental breakfast, wine, beer and cheese/veges at night, also they bake cookies, all the cookies and milk you can eat. We drove aand and ice chest, had enough beer and cokes to get us home over the next few days, the value here is great, the lounge never closes so your kids can watch DVD's or get CDs from check out, if you have teenagers or want to watch something other than Fantasia or whatever, bring a couple of DVD's they have a great system which TV--lots of speakers, also one child had Playstation, played great on the TV.Just some thoughts.Our room was next door to lounge so you can let kids hang out there, like having huge open living room, other kids to hang with...

Welcome back Radar! I remember reading your posts about using bribes as a way to get an upgrade. I see it worked for you. Did you think the Club Level would be a good value for an extra $100 per night? Could you also tell me what you thought about the room size. Thanks!

If you are big group yes, again the value is compared to what stuff costs in Universal/city walk, there is no cheap breakfast at least if you have big kids, if you look at the other posts if you have little kids maybe, heck after I gave her the $10 she checked us in at 9:30 am., we had already ate breakfast on the way, could have got extra meal, the real deal here is extra reaaly cool space9ggod air), they had serious continental breakfast, soft drinks/water all day, happy hour, food was sorta lame, just cheese and crackers and vegies, but you know after you see what a meal costs at city walk we ate a lot before we went and split entrees. The best meal we ate was at Planet Hollwood which was over at Dsiney, we got the internet coupon, we 6 split into three twos, we dodged the large group automatic tip, we used three $5.00 cooupons(separate checks), four of us were seated side by side in tables for 2, wasn't big deal. We also asked for elevator, wife had bad knees, when we got to second level the guy handed us seating tickets, we had just passed a good 11/2 hr. line, we didn't give em back, I 'll tell you what.We ate at Margaritaville, kids like JB, thought the food real average, didn't do HR, should have, had coupon I didn't use.I also had a free night at Embassy over by Disney, so we did three days two nights at HR, if it wasn't free would have stayed longer. Also if you stay like we did at Clarion or somewhere cheap first night, you can make preliminary trip to HR, wear your suits, take a test swim, no keys required here, just a thought. Any other questions let me know. We drove so I had a cooler and filled it up over three days with beer/drinks/water,it got us home and then some. Oh yeah all the coookies/milk you want up here about 8, so again try buying desert for 6 of us, so we did cut our food /drink costs, also if you have extra beer it is hh whenever you want.I tried to help out and asked anyone on elevator if they wanted to see 7 and have a beer, several takers, made friends from Oklahoma....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter