• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CHEAP -Case of water- mail ordered & CHEAP

WOW that's a good deal. Last year, I packed 6 bottles of water in our suitcases (in plastic zip top bags)... what a pain. 24 bottles for 6 bucks and change? That's a great deal! ... but what if you don't drink it all?

WOW that's a good deal. Last year, I packed 6 bottles of water in our suitcases (in plastic zip top bags)... what a pain. 24 bottles for 6 bucks and change? That's a great deal! ... but what if you don't drink it all?

That's what I am wondering. What do you do with leftover water if you are flying home? I just ordered a case from Costco - thanks everyone for the tip! It is just my husband and I so I doubt we will finish 24 bottles in 7 days. Anyone run into this situation?

Pack in your luggage and take it back home with you.

I have not read through all of the posts, so forgive me if this is a repeat. Any counter service will give you a cup of ice water for free, no purchase necessary. We ordered cases for previous trips. On our last trip, we had a case, but only used it for the hotel room. I was always served a medium to large size soda cup with a lid and straw (except AK). It tastes fine, since it is filtered water. We do tend to bring in flavor mixin's just to help with variety. We could never keep the bottles cold by the end of a hot August day anyway. Hope this helps!

Before you leave....Take the unopened bottles down to the lobby and find a nice looking family checking in.........I'm guessing it will make their day to get some free water bottles at check-in.......:cool:

Pack in your luggage and take it back home with you.

Guess I left myself open for that obvious response! :) My point was that I don't want to add all the extra weight to the suitcase. As soon as you exceed the allowed weight the airlines charge you up to $50. Just wondered what those who have had leftover bottles did.

We went to the Bahamas last year and I was told that water was incredibly expensive there and we are water drinkers, so I packed a case of water in our luggage. Spaced it out between our bags and didn't exceed the weight limits at all. Unless you are already tight with weight, it doesn't add as much as you might think. If each of you have one bottle per day for 7 days, that's 14 leaving 10, the random nighttime bottle, say 2, each take one with you for the ride to the airport, that means 3-4 per suitcase or as mentioned, you can give them away. Just a thought. I wasn't trying to be smart, I hope you didn't take it that way.

Does anyone know if you can order wine or beer from Costco? I'd also like to know if you can order snacks from there as well. Thank you.

We went to the Bahamas last year and I was told that water was incredibly expensive there and we are water drinkers, so I packed a case of water in our luggage. Spaced it out between our bags and didn't exceed the weight limits at all. Unless you are already tight with weight, it doesn't add as much as you might think. If each of you have one bottle per day for 7 days, that's 14 leaving 10, the random nighttime bottle, say 2, each take one with you for the ride to the airport, that means 3-4 per suitcase or as mentioned, you can give them away. Just a thought. I wasn't trying to be smart, I hope you didn't take it that way.

Great suggestions - thanks! :)

We are arriving on Friday and we ordered our case of water on Tuesday. I'll post about how it goes after we get home from the trip.

Anyone know if you can order Poland Springs water this way either from Costco or Staples?

That's what I am wondering. What do you do with leftover water if you are flying home? I just ordered a case from Costco - thanks everyone for the tip! It is just my husband and I so I doubt we will finish 24 bottles in 7 days. Anyone run into this situation?

Last year when we stayed at SSR I had ordered a case. When we were checking out I had 6 bottles left. I carried it down and placed it on a park bench with a note that we were checking out---please help yourself. On my next trip out to the car with luggage the water was gone. So someone came along and was happy to take it.

Guess I left myself open for that obvious response! :) My point was that I don't want to add all the extra weight to the suitcase. As soon as you exceed the allowed weight the airlines charge you up to $50. Just wondered what those who have had leftover bottles did.

One year we gave to a family heading back to their room (a few doors down from ours) another year we didn't see anyone around to give the left over stuff to, and along with waters we also had unopened beers and wine that we bought from the POFQ gift shop, so we left a note on the fridge for Mousekeeping to help themselves....not sure if they're allowed to or not, or if they just threw it away (?)

Anyone know if you can order Poland Springs water this way either from Costco or Staples?

We've ordered from Staples, but they usually end up substituting the Poland Springs for Deer Park I think it is. They show PS on the website, but I believe it says they may substitute or something. We've ordered 3 or 4 times and never got PS from Staples - they're always sold out.

We're driving down so we'll just buy water before we go. But I do have a question... do the parks allow you to bring small snacks? My husband is going to carry a back pack and I wanted to put a few small snacks like nuts, fruit snacks, etc. in it. We have the dining plan with one snack per day but that may not be enough and I'm on a diet so I want healthy snacks! Will they let me bring that stuff into the park?

I know some other theme parks that won't allow you to bring food or drinks at all (UNLESS it's for an infant's bottle).

We're driving down so we'll just buy water before we go. But I do have a question... do the parks allow you to bring small snacks? My husband is going to carry a back pack and I wanted to put a few small snacks like nuts, fruit snacks, etc. in it. We have the dining plan with one snack per day but that may not be enough and I'm on a diet so I want healthy snacks! Will they let me bring that stuff into the park?

I know some other theme parks that won't allow you to bring food or drinks at all (UNLESS it's for an infant's bottle).

You are allowed to bring in snacks to Disney. They have never given me a problem at all when they inspected the bags.

Just had a thought...I belong to Costco here in Canada...I will be order over the USA site no problem???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter