cheap and decent

kanon

Earning My Ears
Hello! So our flights got changed and now we will be in Florida 2 extra nights, darn I know! So we are booked at a timeshare for the week, but we will be needed 2 nights accomodation somewhere else, I thought just something cheap that was somewhat decent. Not too picky, just not anything really gross. Any ideas of somewhere that would be ok?
THANKS!!!!!!!

Unless it is peak holiday time, we always go to www.priceline.com and bid Disney area 3 star for about $50 dollars...we have never been disappointed...hotels close to Disney and better than decent....
Other option is site like hotelkingdom.com that has some good deals.

good luck...sorry about the other two nights!!!

Ted

I'm a HUGE Priceline fan but I'd avoid Priceline in the 3* range -- you're likely to get the Holiday Inn Main Gate East, and you may wind up paying more than you would if you booked the hotel direct (through it's website, not the HI's).

the most common Priceline hotels (including the rates they hit at) over the past several months (Disney-area only)... [this list is NOT complete, just an idea of what you'll most likely get]

resort: Hilton ($60), Omni / Gaylard Palms ($95+), sometimes Hyatt ($100+)

3*: Holiday Inn MGE ($45), Radisson Worldgate ($35-$45), Sheraton Safari (it's been hitting at $55 lately... changing trends from what's been common the past year or so)

2.5*: the former AmeriSuites ($31), Orlando Sun Resort ($38), Orlando Vista Hotel ($44)

2*: Best Western Lakeside ($25), Seralago ($30)

I went to the site but I am not sure I understand how to work it haha, is this something I should be doing last minute or what? Thanks~

- go to priceline.com

- midway through the page you'll see "name your own price" - click on bid now under the hotel option (middle)

- type in the info

- click on Disney World Vicinity on the next screen, select your star level & name your own price

- follow the rest of the prompts

You're trying to find the hidden price, not really bidding on anything... for example, choose $25 for 2* and you'll likely get the Best Western Lakeside. If it's rejected, raise your bid to $30, add West Disney Area zone (which makes this a free rebid -- there's no 2* property there, so you won't get anything)

see biddingfortravel.com or betterbidding.com for info on priceline/rebids.

Let me tell you guys, I stayed at Best Western Lakeside in September of last year and I thought it was very, very decent.

I left a review here in some old thread.

I'd stay there again easily paying U$ 35 or 40 dollars a night. If you're saying I'm almost guaranteed to get it for 30.00, I wouldn't think twice and I'd book it as soon as I could go back to Orlando... :cool1:

I used Hotwire, picked a 3* and got the Sheraton Studio City on International Drive for $52/night including all taxes and fees. It was great hotel and I would definitely stay there again.

I'm also a fan of Best Western Lakeside. I've stayed there twice, once thru priceline when it was La Quinta, and last year thru Hotwire for $30. Definately worth more.
Another inexpensive but convenient motel is the Quality Inn Maingate west. No frills but clean and convenient (and free continental breakfast).

Hello! So our flights got changed and now we will be in Florida 2 extra nights, darn I know! So we are booked at a timeshare for the week, but we will be needed 2 nights accomodation somewhere else, I thought just something cheap that was somewhat decent. Not too picky, just not anything really gross. Any ideas of somewhere that would be ok?
THANKS!!!!!!!

Usually when we have 1-2 extra nts. besides our timeshare we like to stay onsite at Universal. It's not cheap but your room key gets you unlimited front of line privileges (like Fast Pass) It's soooo worth the extra money. That key is worth its weight in gold! :cloud9:
They're so close you can walk to the parks from the hotels.:cool2:

Lately I've become a Hotwire user.I've only gotten hotels with 2.5 stars and above and pretty much everything I've gotten with that rating and above has been pretty good.My last stay Hotwire gave me the Hyatt Place in front of Universal Studios with 2.5 stars for a total of $46 plus tax.

I've never used Priceline or Hotwire because we travel with 3 children, and I know that there are several hotels that will not accomodate more than 4 guests to a room. Is there any way that any of you know of to specify a number of guests? I've looked and never seen how to do it.

And to answer the OP's question on cheap and decent hotels, we stayed at the Travelodge Suites East Gate Orange for one night and found it very cheap and very decent! It was under $40 per night including tax! I even found a coupon in a Roomsaver book along the way and even though I had reservations, they honored the coupon (which I think was for around $35). Their rooms have 2 double or queen beds and a pullout sofa.

I've never used Priceline or Hotwire because we travel with 3 children, and I know that there are several hotels that will not accomodate more than 4 guests to a room. Is there any way that any of you know of to specify a number of guests? I've looked and never seen how to do it.

And to answer the OP's question on cheap and decent hotels, we stayed at the Travelodge Suites East Gate Orange for one night and found it very cheap and very decent! It was under $40 per night including tax! I even found a coupon in a Roomsaver book along the way and even though I had reservations, they honored the coupon (which I think was for around $35). Their rooms have 2 double or queen beds and a pullout sofa.

On HW you would put 2 adults, 3 kids and 2 rooms. You would have to call the hotel directly to request connecting rooms then.
My neighbor also has 3 kids but doesn't mention the 3rd one in the ressie if it's only a 1 nt. stay. Their little one usually ends up crawling in with his parents when away from home anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter