Cheap Airline Tickets

Dr.Seuss

Earning My Ears
We are heading to Florida in Feb. Just wondering if anyone can recommend a cheap airline. We have 2 adults and 3 children (5,3,1) we will be bringing car seats because we plan on travelling.
Thanks in advance

We are travelling on Southwest - flying out of Buffalo. Not sure where you live, but our SW flights (Feb 7-17) ended up at $29 each way. Those rates are gone now, but they are still cheaper than flying out of Canada.

Yes, Southwest has amazing prices.

If you're not in an area close to the border, Jetsgo is currently having a seat sale. They used to be our first choice before I discovered the wonderful world of SWA!

just to elaborate on the jetsgo offer, it's $20.05 one way from any destination to any other destination they fly to... provided you pay the full fare on the way back. I think the sale ends Jan 14 or 15?

Hi,

I just booked today and I was really surprised. I got Toronto (YYZ) to MCO for $89 each way through... get this... Air Canada! I'm going May 10 - 17. Now $89 each way once you add the taxes is $281.00 total but that the best I've ever done with Air Canada and you can use Magical Express.

I looked at Jetsgo but don't they just go to Sanford? I didn't really want to do that since I am not renting a car.

I'm happy...

I have to give my vote to SouthWest Airlines - as long as you are close to a US airport like Buffalo or Detroit. We are flying in 2 weeks for $90 canadian a person on SWA out of Buffalo. That was through their seat sale and I have checked the prices recently for the week are going Jan 21-28 and the price is about $180 canadian.

But this only matters if you are close to Buffalo.

What's the seating like on SouthWest? I'm 6 feet tall, obese (but starting to decline YIPPEE!) and all my height in my legs, so flying is normally a torture experience for me.

I've been flying with West Jet lately and they actually have leg room (I actually have a centimeter or two between my knees and the seat in front of me!!), but they didn't have any seat sales to Orlando, so I know I paid more than if I had actually looked at other airlines, but I figured being able to walk when I got off the plane was more important than saving money....

We are only 2 hours away from Buffalo, so if there are any good US airlines, with lots of leg room, please let me know so I can check them out in the future.

We just booked with Air Transat flying out of YYZ for $266. We were going to fly with SW but after the drive and hotel we weren't saving enough for the hassle. I like the fact that we fly out later going to MCO and coming home we don't leave till 11:00 at night. This way I don't have to be up at 2:00am to make my flight and than the rest of my day is ruined because I'm so tired.

You might post your question on the Transportation board as well - lots of people with SWA experience there - we have never flown so I can't comment.

Looks like based on the prices and the number of people that are going, we are going to take the drive down! We will be spreading it out over a longer period of time but lots of activities for the boys!
Thanks

Eskie Lover, my DH is quite tall and when we first flew with Southwest a few years ago all he did was rave about how much leg room he had. It is always a concern for us but not so on SWA. However, I did see on the website that they have replaced all the seats with leather ones so I cant help but wonder if they reconfigured the space too!

Thanks for the replies - I checked out some of the flights from Buffalo, and the majority of the direct flights actually worked out to a similiar cost (more if you include the extra mileage, gas, and possibly a hotel). There was one that was half the price, but it wasn't direct, took most of a day, and I really don't like to push my chances of delays or cancellations by flying into Chicago or Cinncinati.

So I guess I didn't get too bad of a deal after all, and anyway, this time next month I will be arriving at my resort, so who can be upset!!

For 2 in August was less than $600 taxes incl...Not bad. I am not sure about Sanford, but always rent a car so am not too bothered by that prospect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter