Chatterbox's Pre Trip Report (Dec 14-22, 2012)

Hey there,
Nice to hear from other heart parents, nice to hear from anyone of course :)
Hanori, it must be SO EXCITING!! You're only mere days away now - yay!!

Today Chatterbox opened up a special link (every 10 links) and so the girls got presents. Sometimes it's just a little present, one time it was Cars dinkies. This time it was Buzz Lightyear and Wood large action characters. I had wanted to get them for the girls before the trip, and was happy to see them go on sale, then was wondering when I would give them. So the Wish links worked well for the occasion. I forgot to take a pic, will have to take on one tomorrow.

In other news, got an email from our wish coordinator today, apparently Delta airlines has changed our flight/seats. We would now be scheduled to arrive around 9pm on Dec 14th, as opposed to around 1-2pm. Then the return trip would have us arriving back at around midnight instead of 9pm. While I'm not as concerned about the return flight, I'm not too keen about arriving at 9pm, then add in getting there time, that would be quite late for the girls, for our first day there. Thankfully, she suggested that they would triple check the flight issue (as they also had us flying to the wrong airport on return, in a different part of the country), and if that late flight was the only option, they would actually fly us in a day early, on the 13th instead. They could put us up at an airport hotel, if there was no room at GKTW, and then we'd arrive on the 14th at GKTW as scheduled. Whew...so will likely find out next week.

Very cool about the special links and presents associated with them :thumbsup2

Delta did the same thing to us, got word at the end of last week that they had "discontinued" our return flight so we have to fly back early in the morning instead of having a leisurely last morning before leaving "the World" :sad1:

I'm happy to hear your flight change doesn't effect your GKTW stay! :goodvibes

Hey there,
Nice to hear from other heart parents, nice to hear from anyone of course :)
Hanori, it must be SO EXCITING!! You're only mere days away now - yay!!

Today Chatterbox opened up a special link (every 10 links) and so the girls got presents. Sometimes it's just a little present, one time it was Cars dinkies. This time it was Buzz Lightyear and Wood large action characters. I had wanted to get them for the girls before the trip, and was happy to see them go on sale, then was wondering when I would give them. So the Wish links worked well for the occasion. I forgot to take a pic, will have to take on one tomorrow.

In other news, got an email from our wish coordinator today, apparently Delta airlines has changed our flight/seats. We would now be scheduled to arrive around 9pm on Dec 14th, as opposed to around 1-2pm. Then the return trip would have us arriving back at around midnight instead of 9pm. While I'm not as concerned about the return flight, I'm not too keen about arriving at 9pm, then add in getting there time, that would be quite late for the girls, for our first day there. Thankfully, she suggested that they would triple check the flight issue (as they also had us flying to the wrong airport on return, in a different part of the country), and if that late flight was the only option, they would actually fly us in a day early, on the 13th instead. They could put us up at an airport hotel, if there was no room at GKTW, and then we'd arrive on the 14th at GKTW as scheduled. Whew...so will likely find out next week.

That is a great idea about the links/presents! We got some of those Super Hero Squad figurines (they come 2 in a pack) and have been setting them out the past couple of Friday mornings for Ethan to find. Daddy's usually the one up with him at first and we had the idea to tell him that the super heroes from Disney (Universal-but we call it all Disney for the ease of things!) left them for him. Oh my gosh. His face lit UP the first time he found some! This is a ploy so that he might not be as scared/nervous around them when we see them in real life (we hope!). Anyway, the 10 links thing would have been a great idea for this b/c we have more Fridays than we have super heroes! I should have started with one hero at a time...oh well!!!! :)

UGH!! And I was worried about flying with American Airlines!! Sheesh, Delta! Get it together, ppl!! I'm glad it seems like things are going to work out for you.

I can't wait to see pictures of your girls with their gifts!!!

Okay, will this work - I forget how to post pics...let me see...

251123_10151051494747066_1438663133_n.jpg

It worked!!!
That's their second 10 day gift I think, day 80 (gosh, memory is so foggy already!).

598775_10151051495517066_1724094377_n.jpg

In action!!

and...
9251_10151064990857066_122110003_n.jpg

Their Day 70 gifts...now I'm wondering what their Day 90 gifts were...

So, we will be flying down now the day before, on the 13th, and staying at an Orlando Airport hotel. I asked our coordinator and she doesn't know for sure while hotel til closer to the date. But a previous family with a similar issue stayed at the Hyatt hotel, hope that works well for us too. Don't think it'll be much fun all sleeping in the same room, but perhaps we'll be wanting to go to bed at the same time anyway.

Okay, will this work - I forget how to post pics...let me see...

251123_10151051494747066_1438663133_n.jpg

It worked!!!
That's their second 10 day gift I think, day 80 (gosh, memory is so foggy already!).

598775_10151051495517066_1724094377_n.jpg

In action!!

and...
9251_10151064990857066_122110003_n.jpg

Their Day 70 gifts...now I'm wondering what their Day 90 gifts were...

So, we will be flying down now the day before, on the 13th, and staying at an Orlando Airport hotel. I asked our coordinator and she doesn't know for sure while hotel til closer to the date. But a previous family with a similar issue stayed at the Hyatt hotel, hope that works well for us too. Don't think it'll be much fun all sleeping in the same room, but perhaps we'll be wanting to go to bed at the same time anyway.

Great pics and smiles on the girls, love the dress-up you did on Buzz!

Wow Christmas at DISNEY....how wonderful! I'm so happy for your little family! Big hugz from a fellow Canadian! Oh and lets not forget neighbors! LOL

Chatterbox, I just have to tell you that your girls are adorable and I love getting to read about your daughter's upcoming wish!

We had the most magical time on Cassie's WISH TRIP!

I hope you keep posting so I'll be watching.

Cassie's wish flew up so fast. Usually it takes about three months to plan a WISH TRIP but we only had just over two months notice with the date that Cassie had picked. It went by REAL FAST!....Too Fast! LOL

:banana: By the way....I to love the :banana: All these little silly things most times helps to make me smile!:lmao: So please don't apologize for using them and keep on using them as much as you wish!:woohoo:

Wish Mom Alumni here (and fellow Heart Mom :goodvibes)...when I had time (eons ago) I always posted happy pics for all. Taking time to do that this morning for my fellow Wish Families...it WILL be the most magical trip!

Wish Mom Alumni here (and fellow Heart Mom :goodvibes)...when I had time (eons ago) I always posted happy pics for all. Taking time to do that this morning for my fellow Wish Families...it WILL be the most magical trip!

Thanks for the happy post....I love them!!! I love reading posts in the Make a Wish thread.....love reading about wonderful things happening to families who more than deserve to have some happiness and wonder in their lives :flower3:

Okay, will post some pics momentarily

Here's some wish link pics of Chatterbox (wish child) and Busypants:

Wish Link Gift Day 60. Will try to post picture of them wearing the jammies, but difficult to get them on at same time, as soon as Busypants she's them in her hamper (clean, can't even get them into her drawer), she grabs them to wear!
557843_10151101506192066_562249173_n.jpg

Wish Link Gift Day 50:
Gift bags that I re-use for each gift....and they also recognise these for being the Wish gifts:
21137_10151101506297066_1691643866_n.jpg

Minnie purse and figurine, generous given by a friend:
560833_10151101550667066_19746262_n.jpg

408992_10151101506582066_1138477266_n.jpg

Wish Link Gift Day 40:
Minnie slap bracelets!
554262_10151101506362066_638158535_n.jpg

407712_10151101506442066_1369669810_n.jpg

47455_10151101506512066_904163249_n.jpg

Chatterbox is so excited! Can't believe there are only 40 days left until our trip...or perhaps 39 if they do fly us out a day early due to the moved flight issue. Chatterbox has also asked about Nicholas, when he will appear. Seems like now that Halloween is over, and it's time to think about Christmas! Nicolas is the 'Elf on the Shelf' that arrives from Santa's workshop. He usually appear the first of December, and I'll have to make sure he remembers to come with us on our trip to Disney!!

Cute, cute, cute!!!

We are thinking of doing the Elf on the Shelf this year. Seen many cute ideas for "elf mischief" online. Green milk, etc.

The days will really start to fly by & the big day will be here b4 you know it! We leave Sunday! Eeek!

Your girls are absolutely adorable! So sorry your family has been through so much. Glad that Chatterbox is getting her wish. We love going to wdw in Dec. - you're going to have a great time. :)

Just getting caught up! LOVE the photos and the smiles the girls have on their faces. :lovestruc And a BIG "oh doo doo" about Delta. We live just north of Atlanta (the home of Delta) - guess I should prepare myself for some issues come flight time. Grrrr.:headache: We are probably going to do your little chain idea starting in January. They do NOT need any more gifts prior to Christmas!! But I've been looking at little trinkets and things to keep them occupied on the plane. That sounds like a great way to give them to the boys. So thanks for sharing your idea!:idea:

Thanks for the happy post....I love them!!! I love reading posts in the Make a Wish thread.....love reading about wonderful things happening to families who more than deserve to have some happiness and wonder in their lives :flower3:

Okay, will post some pics momentarily

Stopped by with another. :goodvibes It is an amazing time, that is certain!

Your girls are sooo cute! I love the idea of the links and gifts, awesome. Have a great time on your trip!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter