Chateau Ste Michelle wine at Palo

Muushka

<font color=red>I usually feel like I just stepped
I have a question for anyone who has tasted this wine. I ordered while at Palo on our last cruise. I don't know if I was 'caught up in the moment' of being at a beautiful restaurant thoroughly enjoying myself that the wine tasted so good, but it was so good!

My question is this: Is this a tasty wine or did I just imagine it? They have it on sale at a local grocery store $7.99/bottle - 10% discount = ($7.19/bottle) if you buy 6-which I would because it was soooo delicious (I think!!!). So, was this all in my head?? :cloud9:

YOu were not caught up in the moment. The Chateau St. MIchelle Reisling is very good and very affordable in shops. I usually order this wine when I go out. My dad got me hooked on it many years ago and it was one of the ones he would always order.
Go ahead and buy those 6 bottles and enjoy every single one of them. :drinking: :drinking1

You will find that there isn't always a relationship between the price of a wine and the taste of the wine. One of my fav's is the Clos Du Bois Chardonnay at $9.99 a bottle.

Drink and enjoy!

jilljill said:
YOu were not caught up in the moment. The Chateau St. MIchelle Reisling is very good and very affordable in shops. I usually order this wine when I go out. My dad got me hooked on it many years ago and it was one of the ones he would always order.
Go ahead and buy those 6 bottles and enjoy every single one of them. :drinking: :drinking1

I fell in love with The Chateau St. Michelle Reisling at the Wilderness Lodge. I too went to the local store and purchased some in NJ when we got back from FL.
Michele (with one L)

Chateau St. Michelle was a founding winery in our state (Washington) and has won many awards year in and year out, and it has always been very reasonably priced. The different wines are very tasty and for us where the grapes are grown in our backyard we like to see others now appreciating what we have had for quite awhile !

It's one of my favorite wines, too.

Ok, Ok, I will get the 6 bottles! You all have talked me into it. I can assume that is a pretty good price at $7.19/bottle. Thanks all, glad I wasn't imagining it!

Donald's#1Fan, our compliments to your state's wine!

We've had the good fortune to visit Chateau St. Michelle in Washington State and got to taste many of their fine wines! They have a fabulous dessert Riesling as well!

Donald's#1Fan said:
Chateau St. Michelle was a founding winery in our state (Washington) and has won many awards year in and year out, and it has always been very reasonably priced. The different wines are very tasty and for us where the grapes are grown in our backyard we like to see others now appreciating what we have had for quite awhile !

Yes! Yes! Yes! Another vote for our delicious local wine! :thumbsup2

LOVE CSM!!

But I never get as good a bottle in the store as I do in the restaurants we go to.

Was it the Rielsling or the Eroica? Erocia is much better, but more $$! I know they serve this at Palo too

Chateau Ste Michelle has a new tier of wine, Indian Wells (not the old vineyard designation) line and just added a 2005 Riesling. It's a little bit (about $15 per bottle) more than their lower price wine, but was one of the best Rieslings I have tasted in some time (many tend to be too sweet for my palate) and it is a better bargan than the Eroica (about $22 a bottle).

And by the way at $7.99 a bottle for the standard Riesling is a great price. In NJ the average price is $9.99 a bottle.

If you really want to search out another Riesling associated with Ch. Ste Michelle - they also have another joint venture with Dr. Loosen (Eroica being the other) from Germany called Saint M - It sells for about $11.99.

BTW - I don't work for the winery or distributor! :lmao:

Washington State is growing a lot of great wines. Covey Run is another I've enyoyed.

Please be aware, what you had was Eroica, made in conjuction with CSM and Dr.Loosens. It is indeed a superior Reisling, and we have kept several bottles in the cellar since we were introduced by DCL. CSM is good, but not quite the quality product of Dr Loosens.

Olsons said:
Please be aware, what you had was Eroica, made in conjuction with CSM and Dr.Loosens. It is indeed a superior Reisling, and we have kept several bottles in the cellar since we were introduced by DCL. CSM is good, but not quite the quality product of Dr Loosens.

OK. Now I'm confused. What I ordered on DCL at Palo was Chateau St. Michelle Reisling, but it was Eroica? :confused3

Muushka said:
OK. Now I'm confused. What I ordered on DCL at Palo was Chateau St. Michelle Reisling, but it was Eroica? :confused3

If it was Eroica..no worries, they have both the $7 bottle and the Eroica at our local super target. The Eroica isn't even that expensive at all.

Also, check your local sams club or costco..can't remember which I saw it at..but they had it at one or the other or both..lol.

Also, if you plan on buying multiple bottles, check with your local liquor store, if you purchase a case they will give you a discount (usually, ours does anyway).

I was pleased with the Chateau St. Michelle Reisling as well.

Woody

We purchase Chateau St Michele by the case at Sam's Club. I think we get it for less than $7 per bottle. I also love Eroica! The best price I have found for it is just under $19 per bottle. I didn't know they offered Eroica at Palo. I know what I'm ordering on the next cruise! :cool1:

I just had to show DH this post. It is one of our favorites. He said - if we could get it a 7.99, he'd buy a case. We do like this so much.

BuzzBoyMom said:
I just had to show DH this post. It is one of our favorites. He said - if we could get it a 7.99, he'd buy a case. We do like this so much.

It is on sale at Food Lion at $7.20 a bottle if you buy 6. Hope you have one in your neighborhood!

One problem with getting into wine is that you see wines on menus and the price per glass is more than you can buy a bottle for back home! There are a lot of nice wines for under $10/bottle. I think wine (like food) always taste better when someone serves it to you. The pace of a dinner at somewhere like Palo also allows more breathing time for the wine which does make a difference with some wines. So as others have stated the wines on the cruise can be very affordable at home.

Jean and Bob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter