Chase Sapphire Reserve question(s)

Can you tell me what YMMV is? Thanks

haha, sorry. YMMV also known as "Your Mileage May Vary" means like your results may be different than another. You take your chances.
The literal is like, you driving to a specific store, and I drive to specific store, the mileage is different so it may not be worth it if you live 1000 miles away just to save $40.

the problem i see here is that csp should be calculated @ $95 for 2 years since its waived for the first year. People dont like that $450 af at the start, the CSP might be better. + 55k UR pts is not too shabby either.
See, this is why I'm still debating. That $450 right off the bat is tough for me to justify on a card I'm not really going to take full advantage of or want to keep. The CSP at least isn't going to cost me a dime in the first year, and I'm guaranteed $500 towards Disney tickets (still not the best use of the bonus, but it's what I want/need).
Still, the CSP isn't a card I'd keep long term either, so then I'd be dealing with a product change or closing it. I already have an af on the SW Premier card, and I think it's worth it with the 6,000 points per year they give you. It's simple and straightforward, and I like that. The little I do travel will most likely be on Southwest, so that's good enough for me.

I am "pre-qualified" for the CSP according to Chase's site, but I'm just not sure I want another card with a fee or another card to have to close.

I'm starting to think I'm just going to get an Unlimited once my Southwest spend is met and use it for everything outside of my Freedom's categories, which I'm going to try to max out. My next mission is seeing where I can purchase Visa gift cards with a credit card. Might be a new thread to start, LOL.

See, this is why I'm still debating. That $450 right off the bat is tough for me to justify on a card I'm not really going to take full advantage of or want to keep. The CSP at least isn't going to cost me a dime in the first year, and I'm guaranteed $500 towards Disney tickets (still not the best use of the bonus, but it's what I want/need).
Still, the CSP isn't a card I'd keep long term either, so then I'd be dealing with a product change or closing it. I already have an af on the SW Premier card, and I think it's worth it with the 6,000 points per year they give you. It's simple and straightforward, and I like that. The little I do travel will most likely be on Southwest, so that's good enough for me.

I am "pre-qualified" for the CSP according to Chase's site, but I'm just not sure I want another card with a fee or another card to have to close.

I'm starting to think I'm just going to get an Unlimited once my Southwest spend is met and use it for everything outside of my Freedom's categories, which I'm going to try to max out. My next mission is seeing where I can purchase Visa gift cards with a credit card. Might be a new thread to start, LOL.

I'm also wondering if I should apply for CSR too. I don't have much income so I probably will get denied. The only purpose I'd go for the CSR is just for the 100k UR pts. Other than that, it's just gonna sit in my card holder. my citi bank premier is my travel card since I fly most with one of their partners. Every card is different for everyone. CSP is the same, ur probably just doing it for the UR sign up bonus, I think that would probably be a better bet for u since you don't plan to transfer. Only reason I keep UR points is how easy it is to earn. I've earned close to 240k in an year... 70k on the other card(non UR)

Have you considered maybe an Ink+ though? way more easier to earn, 70k sign up bonus.
MS is a very touchy subject. If you go overboard, u can lose your relationship with the card issuer. There are a few ways to do so though. You pay rent? Radpad works well. RadPad + apple/android? pay codes as travel for some reason with the CSR. rad pad comes with a 3% fee, but 3x bonus basically overrides it. There's also the Money Order way, Kroger, Walmart, post office, then depositing them back into your account. u lose out on some fee though. Also it is best advised to deposit into an account that you are willing to lose. Good luck!

I'm also wondering if I should apply for CSR too. I don't have much income so I probably will get denied. The only purpose I'd go for the CSR is just for the 100k UR pts. Other than that, it's just gonna sit in my card holder. my citi bank premier is my travel card since I fly most with one of their partners. Every card is different for everyone. CSP is the same, ur probably just doing it for the UR sign up bonus, I think that would probably be a better bet for u since you don't plan to transfer. Only reason I keep UR points is how easy it is to earn. I've earned close to 240k in an year... 70k on the other card(non UR)

Have you considered maybe an Ink+ though? way more easier to earn, 70k sign up bonus.
MS is a very touchy subject. If you go overboard, u can lose your relationship with the card issuer. There are a few ways to do so though. You pay rent? Radpad works well. RadPad + apple/android? pay codes as travel for some reason with the CSR. rad pad comes with a 3% fee, but 3x bonus basically overrides it. There's also the Money Order way, Kroger, Walmart, post office, then depositing them back into your account. u lose out on some fee though. Also it is best advised to deposit into an account that you are willing to lose. Good luck!
You're reading my mind, Albort! LOL!
As I was just mowing my front pasture down in preparation for planting some winter rye for the horses to munch on this winter (after Hurricane Matthew gets his sorry butt out of here), I was thinking to myself, "You know, this farm of mine technically WAS a business when I boarded horses, did some training, and taught riding lessons out of it. And no, I don't do that now, and it's just my horses (though they could be lesson horses again quite easily), but I've heard of other people getting approved for the Ink card with less of a "business" than I could claim to have. And there's nothing saying I won't some day run a business out of this place again, probably buying and selling horses or giving lessons or both. So, maybe I should give Ink a try?"

I'm going to look into it. I don't like doing anything that is the least bit shady. I feel like I'm already lucky enough in my life, I don't need to push it, LOL.

I'm going to look into it. I don't like doing anything that is the least bit shady. I feel like I'm already lucky enough in my life, I don't need to push it, LOL.

I just checked. Staples have $500 Southwest GC. that's 2500 UR pts there. I bet u probably won't use your SW card after you get the Ink+! lol. GL!

I just checked. Staples have $500 Southwest GC. that's 2500 UR pts there. I bet u probably won't use your SW card after you get the Ink+! lol. GL!
Now that's a question I have! Can you purchase gift cards with the Ink/Ink+/Freedom? Because that's something I'd like to do, and here's why: One of my biggest monthly expenses is horse feed and supplements. In the winter, I'll easily spend $500/month just at the feed store(s) that I frequent. There is never a 5X category that includes Tractor Supply or my local feed store, both of which I visit weekly. If I could purchase a $500 Visa gift card every month with the Ink (I'd get that one instead of the plus), and use that at the feed stores, that would be great!
I've been reading that a lot of places aren't allowing people to purchase gift cards with credit cards anymore though.

Now that's a question I have! Can you purchase gift cards with the Ink/Ink+/Freedom? Because that's something I'd like to do, and here's why: One of my biggest monthly expenses is horse feed and supplements. In the winter, I'll easily spend $500/month just at the feed store(s) that I frequent. There is never a 5X category that includes Tractor Supply or my local feed store, both of which I visit weekly. If I could purchase a $500 Visa gift card every month with the Ink (I'd get that one instead of the plus), and use that at the feed stores, that would be great!
I've been reading that a lot of places aren't allowing people to purchase gift cards with credit cards anymore though.

Visa/MasterCard gift card usually has a fee. $6.95 usually. but yeah, it should work. U buy a gift card from Staples, Office Depot, 5x there, then use the Visa card at tractor supply.

yes, lots of places don't... some still do though. you have to trial and error. I've done it. Haha

Regarding #5 and getting approved, I wonder if asking them to lower my Freedom's limit would be wise? It's about twice what it needs to be (actually, it could be less than that). Would that improve my odds of getting approved, or at least a good bargaining tool if I need to call them?

Don't do that. If you need to call discuss your credit limits (because you get a 'pending approval' or an outright rejection), the thing to do would be to ask them to move some of the credit limit from that card to the new CSR card.

I love this card! I got one, hubby got one, my son got one and my daughter too. I think my daughter broke a record, haha. She hit her $4K spend in two, TWO purchases. A black leather bomber jacket she had her eye on and a car. It's a great card, for the first year for sure. For young folks, they may want to downgrade to a freedom card before the 2nd $450. For us, it's a great card.

I chickened out and applied and got approved for the Freedom Unlimited last night. That's a card I actually really want. I like the flat 1.5% rate for all purchases outside of the 5% categories that I get with my Freedom card. And since I don't travel all that often, it makes more sense for me to do cash back. I've got my Southwest Premier for when I do want to fly.
I'll be in a better place financially at the end of 2019 when my mortgage and vehicle are paid off. I'll revisit some of these high end cards then. Who knows what they'll have by that time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter