Chase S.W. card bonus rewards

yankebabie

DIS Veteran
Just got an e-mail from Chase saying that if you spend $5,000 from April 15th until July 15th you can earn 3,000 bonus points. All you have to do is press the enroll button on the email.

I'm very sad that I haven't gotten this offer. Off to check the SWA website..............P

I received an email about bonus points on purchased southwest flights using the card, instead of 2 points per $1 it would be 4 points, it was also an enroll to get it deal.

I got one that said spend $8000 between April 15-July 15 and get 4000 pts. That's a lot of spending. I need to read the cc churning thread :rolleyes:

I got one that said spend $8000 between April 15-July 15 and get 4000 pts. That's a lot of spending. I need to read the cc churning thread :rolleyes:

My email included these same parameters also. The disparity between the various offers is interesting.

We charge everything on our SW card so this wouldn't be that hard in that amount of time.

We charge everything on our SW card so this wouldn't be that hard in that amount of time.
Does that mean that if I enroll now, it will backdate to everything I spent on the card since April 15? Why didn't they just start it May 1 or May 15 and go another month? Seems kind of sloppy to tell you about points you can get for spending you can't do after the fact. I haven't spent much in the last 3 weeks, but if I'd known, maybe I could have, although I don't have anything to spend it on that would cost that much--I use it for food, gas, cell phone, incidentals, but that's a lot of $$$$. Plus $8000 seems like a high price to pay for what would be a one-way ticket on sale. This deal would only be worth it if you could easily pay off the $8000 you charged, which would not be true for me!

Does that mean that if I enroll now, it will backdate to everything I spent on the card since April 15? Why didn't they just start it May 1 or May 15 and go another month? Seems kind of sloppy to tell you about points you can get for spending you can't do after the fact. I haven't spent much in the last 3 weeks, but if I'd known, maybe I could have, although I don't have anything to spend it on that would cost that much--I use it for food, gas, cell phone, incidentals, but that's a lot of $$$$. Plus $8000 seems like a high price to pay for what would be a one-way ticket on sale. This deal would only be worth it if you could easily pay off the $8000 you charged, which would not be true for me!

Yes, all your purchases from 4/15 will be "backdated" and count toward the offer. I agree, this is NOT a good deal for the parameters they issued us. I could reach the minimum spend on four other cards with $8,000 and obtain far more benefits. I'll keep my spend on my other high value cards. Nice try Chase!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter