• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chase Lounge at Epcot this Year?

This is what's posted at disneyworld.com/foodandwine:

Grab Hold of Enchanting Perks
Become a Disney Visa® Cardmember and enjoy access to the Chase Lounge, exclusively for Chase credit and debit Cardmembers at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. Enjoy dreamy Disney rewards and year-round perks. Plus, new Cardmembers get $100 statement credit after first purchase.

Ok, since there seems to be confusion regarding this I called both Disney AND the Disney Chase customer service. They both confirmed that the Chase Lounge is for DISNEY Chase cardholders (credit or debit). It also shows on Chase's website you must provide a DISNEY Chase Card to get in. Now, as to how strict they are, I don't know. I just don't want someone to show up with any Chase card, and be disappointed if/when they get turned away.

Grab Hold of Enchanting Perks Become a Disney Visa® Cardmember and enjoy access to the Chase Lounge, exclusively for Chase credit and debit Cardmembers at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. Enjoy dreamy Disney rewards and year-round perks. Plus, new Cardmembers get $100 statement credit after first purchase. Ok, since there seems to be confusion regarding this I called both Disney AND the Disney Chase customer service. They both confirmed that the Chase Lounge is for DISNEY Chase cardholders (credit or debit). It also shows on Chase's website you must provide a DISNEY Chase Card to get in. Now, as to how strict they are, I don't know. I just don't want someone to show up with any Chase card, and be disappointed if/when they get turned away.

Confused about this...Chase offers Disney debit cards now?

Mine came in the mail yesterday! Can't wait to use all the perks during our trip in two week :banana::dance3:

Bit the bullet and upgraded my ADR to a "dining package" ADR. Lunch reservations are for the 5:30 concert. Dinner is for either the 6:45 or 8:00 concert, and the CM did ask if I wanted the 5:30 or 8:00 concert, so it sounds like you DO know which concert you will have badges for.

What date did you buy the package for? I'm curious to know where these seats will be.

Every year someone posts a reference they find somewhere that Disney Visa cardholders have access to the lounge and think that means only Disney Visa cardholders have access. And every year it's really all Chase cardholders who have access to the lounge.

From the food and wine thread on the restaurant board: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=52309845&postcount=1588

I encourage people with questions to check it out. There are people posting to that thread who are at the Food and Wine fest now.

The official news release by Chase and available on Market Watch says the lounge is for ALL Chase cardholders, including Disney Visa.

Any news this year on Illuminations/ETTB wristbands? I'm more concerned with Illuminations. We loved the assigned spot two years ago.

This is a great little perk by Chase and glad that it will be back. The Illuminations viewing area was a great spot last year.

This morning when I read this thread it seemed the Epcot lounge was only for Disney Chase Visa cardholders but now it seems it is for all Chase Visa cardholders. Is the Illuminations spot for all Chase cardholders or just Disney Chase cardholders?

I started looking at Disney Visa benefits, and it seems like the benefit for us would be a discount at the stores/restaurants, but I only see two restaurants where we plan to eat.

1% back doesn't seem like as much a 1 point per dollar spent that other cards offer.

Still debating applying for a card...

This morning when I read this thread it seemed the Epcot lounge was only for Disney Chase Visa cardholders but now it seems it is for all Chase Visa cardholders. Is the Illuminations spot for all Chase cardholders or just Disney Chase cardholders?

I started looking at Disney Visa benefits, and it seems like the benefit for us would be a discount at the stores/restaurants, but I only see two restaurants where we plan to eat.

1% back doesn't seem like as much a 1 point per dollar spent that other cards offer.

Still debating applying for a card...

Actually that depends on each card's conversion rate of points to dollars. We've found that with many of them, it amounts to 1-2% -- closer to 1% most times.

We find the Disney Visa well worth it. We have the Disney Premier Visa, where you earn 2% on all purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants, and most Disney locations; 1% on all other purchases. And every now and then there's a promo where for a period of time you earn at a higher rate.

We put large purchases on it and then pay them off, and put all gas, groceries, restaurants, and Disney purchases on it. We have lots of spending money by the time our annual trip rolls around!

Here's a link to a comparison of the two cards (regular and premier): https://disneyrewards.com/how-to-earn/

Is the Illuminations spot for all Chase cardholders or just Disney Chase cardholder
Don't know about this year,but last year IllumiNations wristbands were available on Sunday,Monday,Tuesday for any Chase card.

Eat to the Beat wristbands were available on Saturday,Sunday,Monday.

NO wristbands were available on Wednesday,Thursday,Friday.

ETTB wristbands were by Disney Visa ONLY. Guests were allowed to get both IllumiNations and Eat to the Beat wristbands on Sunday and Monday. :)

Any news this year on Illuminations/ETTB wristbands? I'm more concerned with Illuminations. We loved the assigned spot two years ago.

The official release statement doesn't mention this so hopefully someone there now can tell us.

I was in the Chase Lounge on Friday. It is on the 3rd floor of the American Pavillion and is open to all Chase cardmembers not just Disney Chase. There were 3 freestyle coke machines and coffee and tea. I did not see any free chips or cookies. They were selling alcohol.

I was told you must be a Disney Chase Cardmember by a cast member working in the lounge to get a wistband for priority seatng to Eat to the Beat concerts. It is first come for the wrist bands. The concert bands are available on Sat, Sun, and Mon.

There will be priority viewing for Illuminations. It is for the Chase Disney cardholder and up to 9 guests. It is every night during the F&W as long as no one has rented it out. It is at the Italy Pavillion. On Fri a company had rented the space so no viewing.

I know info from the cast members sometimes vary from person to person but this is what I was told Fri. I hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter