Chase Disney Rewards Visa

wfgamble

Mouseketeer
Just received my Chase rewards visa. I paid my deposit months ago but I want to put the cruise balance on the rewards card. Will I still get the 6 months no interest since it's the balance minus the deposit?

Yes. As long as the minimum charge of $100 is made, you can make any number of payments and receive the 0% financing.

Enjoy your cruise!

Paying balance on May cruise two more to go. Then pay off Deposit on next may's cruise. Make sure you have prem card. Our last cruise in just six months added up to over 500 on board credit. Made it nice not to have to pay that bill getting getting off ship.

We love our cards! They helped us save over $900 in benefits on our last cruise! And don't forget your fun photo character meet and greet at EP if you go to the parks! What a fun perk! And the 6 months interest free financing is great. Time is money too! I have both the premier and non premier accounts.

We love our cards! They helped us save over $900 in benefits on our last cruise! And don't forget your fun photo character meet and greet at EP if you go to the parks! What a fun perk! And the 6 months interest free financing is great. Time is money too! I have both the premier and non premier accounts.

I am new to cruising. I have a cruise on hold, while i try to research as much as possible.

I'm glad to hear about using Disney Visa, which I already have.

When people talk about paying bill at end of cruise, what are these charges?

Thanks

I am new to cruising. I have a cruise on hold, while i try to research as much as possible.

Thanks

While a cruise is mainly all-inclusive, there are some optional expenses that get charged onboard. These include things like port excursions, special adult dining, spa services, gift shop purchases, alcoholic drinks and soda ordered from room service or bars. Plus the "recommended" gratuities are charged to your onboard account unless you prepay them.

Enjoy your cruise!

While a cruise is mainly all-inclusive, there are some optional expenses that get charged onboard. These include things like port excursions, special adult dining, spa services, gift shop purchases, alcoholic drinks and soda ordered from room service or bars. Plus the "recommended" gratuities are charged to your onboard account unless you prepay them.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you!

I have the Premium Disney VISA card because I usually will end up with several hundred dollars in "Bonus" points (for Gas, Groceries, Restaurants and Disney purchases), so it more than covers the annual fee.

Additionally, unlike most people, I use the points from the PREMIUM Visa to pay for airfare. I get to count the cost of the airfare for more points and I am NOT giving up earning Double Points by purchasing Disney Stuff (like cruises, shore excursions, souvenirs, etc)

Well, I talked to Chase regarding the question I posted here earlier...I noticed that all of the documentation mentions paying for your vacation in full on the Disney Visa to get 0% interest for 6 months. I did not have my Visa when I made my deposit over a year ago. On Aug 11, I will be paying my balance (over $3000). The Chase rep said that unfortunately that would not qualify for the 0% interest since it isn't the full vacation price. So I ask you guys, how do they know?!?!?:confused3 How do they know that it isn't the full price--*I* know it's not but you folks mentioned paying a little here and a little there and it all qualifies for 0%.

Any more insight?

Thanks!

Well, I talked to Chase regarding the question I posted here earlier...I noticed that all of the documentation mentions paying for your vacation in full on the Disney Visa to get 0% interest for 6 months. I did not have my Visa when I made my deposit over a year ago. On Aug 11, I will be paying my balance (over $3000). The Chase rep said that unfortunately that would not qualify for the 0% interest since it isn't the full vacation price. So I ask you guys, how do they know?!?!?:confused3 How do they know that it isn't the full price--*I* know it's not but you folks mentioned paying a little here and a little there and it all qualifies for 0%.

Any more insight?

Thanks!

I'm not sure who you spoke with but they are wrong. I could pay $150 on my cruise and it would qualify for 0% for 6 months. The entire vacation does not need to be charged to your card. :goodvibes

I'm not sure who you spoke with but they are wrong. I could pay $150 on my cruise and it would qualify for 0% for 6 months. The entire vacation does not need to be charged to your card. :goodvibes

Exactly. When we booked our cruise we didn't have our Chase card. Once we got it, we paid off the cruise. Anything we purchase for 6 months has no interest.

We've paid deposit amounts. We've changed dates and paid additional deposit amounts. And I make multiple payments for each cruise rather than a lump sum final payment. Each time it has qualified for the 0% financing for 6 months. Chase has no way of knowing the "full" value of your cruise.

What DOES require the full cruise to be paid on the Disney Visa is to be eligible for the $50 OBC. Possibly the phone rep you spoke to was confused with the OBC offer.

Enjoy your cruise!

My travel agent said that we would have to put entire cruise fare on Disney Visa but I did not have my Visa card yet when I wanted to purchase my cruise....my travel agent put the initial deposit on my other cc and then when I got my Visa in the mail she refund my other cc and transferred the deposit to my Disney Visa....not sure how but she said she does it all the time??? Maybe that can work for you. Good Luck...hate to see you miss out...you paid the same money.

Quick question....if I put the deposit n pay it off n then the remaining later both on the card will I still get the obc? Also do I have to call or anything to get it ? If so, do I do it when I book or when I pay in full?

Quick question....if I put the deposit n pay it off n then the remaining later both on the card will I still get the obc? Also do I have to call or anything to get it ? If so, do I do it when I book or when I pay in full?

The current offer is only available for sailings in 2014; it is usually extended but has not been as of yet.

The full cruise must be paid on the Disney Visa to receive the OBC - deposit and any/all payments. There is a code (DCC) that must be put on your reservation with DCL, so yes you must request it. If you have an OBB or some discounts (FLR, MIL) you cannot stack the Disney Visa OBC offer as well. I understand that it can be used with *GT rates.

Enjoy your cruise!

To get the Visa credit of $50, it has to be coded that way when you make the reservation, so that's how they know. Only one code is allowed, so if you are getting any other discount (FLA, Military) you can't get it. You do still get the 6 month no interest though, for whatever you charge as a Disney Vacation. Things you charge on board? No. Anything you want on the 6 months no interest must be part of the Vacation package.

We've paid deposit amounts. We've changed dates and paid additional deposit amounts. And I make multiple payments for each cruise rather than a lump sum final payment. Each time it has qualified for the 0% financing for 6 months. Chase has no way of knowing the "full" value of your cruise.

What DOES require the full cruise to be paid on the Disney Visa is to be eligible for the $50 OBC. Possibly the phone rep you spoke to was confused with the OBC offer.

Enjoy your cruise!

That is exactly what we experience. When you look at your statement you will see something similar to the following:

Where the three items in the above statement are all deposit/partial payment amounts. You can see that even the $17.19 we had to put down to change our reservation was given the 6mo 0% financing. You should also note that the first two items were from a previous statement and currently show $0 remaining balance because the statement balance was paid off in full for that months bill. The $500 on the last line is from a new this bill so there is obviously $500 balance left on it.

Hope that example helps the OP.

Thanks

You will have 12 dollars per day per person for tips added to bill. Photo expense can be a 200 dollar bill. You can bring your own booze, but this for your use in stateroom, yes you can put drink in your glass and walk around but drink of the day is only 4.75. The credit built up on Disney Credit Card must be put on a seperate card to be used at disney locations, or transfer directly to DCL account. It is not automatic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter