Chase Disney Rewards Card ?

Crazy4Disney06

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get a Rewards card once you redeem your Disney Reward points from the Chase Disney Card?

We leave in less than two months and I'm wondering if I wait until after the next billing cycle (November 18th), to redeem my points if it will allow time for the card to get here prior to our trip on December 16th?

What we did on our last trip was request the cards with 20$ on them,(we got 2 cards) so if they got "lost" in the mail, it was a loss we could live with. Once we had them in hand, we transfered the remaining reward balance to them which was almost instant transfer.

What we did on our last trip was request the cards with 20$ on them,(we got 2 cards) so if they got "lost" in the mail, it was a loss we could live with. Once we had them in hand, we transfered the remaining reward balance to them which was almost instant transfer.

Perfect idea! How long did it take to get the card?

instead of ordering them through chase, i planned on just going to guest relations and getting a redemption card there and then calling chase to have them load it. hope that works.

I just got mine in the mail today.

I ordered mine on Saturday, October 13th, and it arrived on Monday the 22nd.

9 days door to door (including the weekends).

I forgot to get mine in May when we last went. I went to Guest Relations at DTD, they issued me a card in about 3 minutes. I called Chase and had my points transfered, again this only took about 3 minutes.

instead of ordering them through chase, i planned on just going to guest relations and getting a redemption card there and then calling chase to have them load it. hope that works.

Yes, this is the best option. I have done it 2 times before. Guest relations at the Mk is inside the arches to the left. They were super fast and gave me the most up to date amount possible ! So easy. :)

I just pick mine up at any Guest Relations. I don't check the mail box often enough to bother having anything mailed to me.

I forgot to get mine in May when we last went. I went to Guest Relations at DTD, they issued me a card in about 3 minutes. I called Chase and had my points transfered, again this only took about 3 minutes.

Does the card issued at the parks/DTD have an expiration date of 12/31 on the following calendar year?

ValpoCory said:
Does the card issued at the parks/DTD have an expiration date of 12/31 on the following calendar year?

Not sure if its that time frame or not, but it does expire just like the ones you get mailed from Chase.

Getting them at Guest Relations is really the least painful way to get them. No worrying, no waiting (except for in line, LOL). Exact same thing that you get in the mail, too.

Yes, it does have an expiration date of 12/2013.

Thank you. Before my trip, I'll be sure to brush up on the DLR discount details for those with the Rewards Card. I was surprised to see that not only do you get discounts with the Disney Visa, but you get discounts if you are using the Redemption Card too.

I just got my DV rewatd booklet and had some questions! I thought instead of posting a new thread I'd ask my questions here - hope that's O.K!

1. If I pay for my WDW vacation on the card then do I get the 2% in reward dollars or does that fall under the 1% reward dollars in the "everything else" category?

2. Let's say I get 2% for the WDW vacation and I charge $3,000 on the card then I would get 60 reward dolllars, right?

3. Do I get the points at the end of the billing cycle that I charged the purchase or do I have to pay off the purchase to get the points?

4. Is 60 reward dollars on my redemption card basically like a $60 gift card that I can use anywhere in WDW? For example our DxDP doesn't include alcohol can I use my $60 in rewards points towards a few bottles of wine on my trip?

5. So I got a $100 credit when I opened the card, I put my WDW vacation on the card, I get 0% finance for 6 months, and I get 60 reward points automatically that I can use when I go to WDW? That's a fair trade off for the $49 annual fee if I'm understanding everything correct?

Thanks everyone for the help!!!!!!

1. If I pay for my WDW vacation on the card then do I get the 2% in reward dollars or does that fall under the 1% reward dollars in the "everything else" category?
If purchased from Disney - yes. If purchased at a travel agent, 3rd party - don't think so.

2. Let's say I get 2% for the WDW vacation and I charge $3,000 on the card then I would get 60 reward dolllars, right?
Yes, if it all qualifies for the 2%

3. Do I get the points at the end of the billing cycle that I charged the purchase or do I have to pay off the purchase to get the points?
You get them at the end of the cycle

4. Is 60 reward dollars on my redemption card basically like a $60 gift card that I can use anywhere in WDW? For example our DxDP doesn't include alcohol can I use my $60 in rewards points towards a few bottles of wine on my trip?
Yes it works just like a giftcard. I have never tried to purchase alcohol, so I am not sure on that.

5. So I got a $100 credit when I opened the card, I put my WDW vacation on the card, I get 0% finance for 6 months, and I get 60 reward points automatically that I can use when I go to WDW? That's a fair trade off for the $49 annual fee if I'm understanding everything correct?
You come out ahead THIS YEAR. But keep an eye on your spending and in the 2% categories to see if you will come out ahead next year. If not downgrade to the regular card. You still get the 6 months & 1% reward and no annual fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter