• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chase Disney Rewards Card Nightmare

Sorry that happened to you. Unfortunately, people like you that essentially are getting free 1 month money loans from them by paying off your card in full each month actually do Chase a favor by cancelling. They were losing money on you. If you really want to show your dissatisfaction, re-open your account and keep using it as much as possible and keep paying it off in full.

They still make plenty on merchant fees.

I have the Chase Southwest card and its bad also. It gets hacked about once every three months. They close it out and send me a new card. Its a real pain. The only reason I keep it is cause the Southwest rewards are awesome and so I put up with the nonsense.

Yes! Sounds like a nightmare!
...... It's not paid in "Disney Money" of course, but I plan on cashing in the amount and turning around and using the reward $ to purchase Disney Gift Cards at 5% off at target.com and then put those into my DVA!! Viola! Disney Money!......

I'm curious how you can take a cash rewards on one card and turn around and use it to buy Disney cards at Target with 5% off, if you have to use the Target card to get the 5% off... If there is a trick I am missing I'd like to learn!
Thanks....

---Paul in Southern NJ

I'm curious how you can take a cash rewards on one card and turn around and use it to buy Disney cards at Target with 5% off, if you have to use the Target card to get the 5% off... If there is a trick I am missing I'd like to learn!
Thanks....

---Paul in Southern NJ
You use the cash to buy Target GCs and then set your default method of payment on target .com to your Target REDCard. At checkout, you change your method of payment to the GCs just before hitting submit. The 5% REDCard discount remains but the funds are taken from the GC and not charged to your REDCard.

I have the Chase Southwest card and its bad also. It gets hacked about once every three months. They close it out and send me a new card. Its a real pain. The only reason I keep it is cause the Southwest rewards are awesome and so I put up with the nonsense.

I was going to get a Southwest card because that seemed like the next best option for us. Then I saw that card was also through Chase. We have already bought plane tickets for this trip anyway. We're not flying anywhere for a while.

The citibank double cash card should come this weekend. I will keep the southwest card in mind the next year we plan on flying a lot. There is a special 50k point deal that gets you the companion pass quickly.

Wow, my problems w/Chase & Disney seem minor now.
We don't have a Disney vacation in the plans so I am not using my Chase Rewards card very often... right now it is for only medical so Rewards are minimal. I receive email in October from Rewards & have $70. in Rewards. Transfer Rewards to card that is set to expire in December. Purchase granddaughter's birthday present in November for $86.00. Use Rewards card w/Chase cc as back up. The purchase was 11/6/15. All but $18. went on CC. Called Disney, they don't see the $70. transfer, just the $18. that had been on the card. Call Chase. They see the transfer & say to call back Disney. I call Disney back & they will look into it. Week later, CC bill arrives & purchase is on CC. Call Disney, who said to call Chase, who again advise to call Disney back Very frustrating. Disney now re-investigating. Receive email from Disney asking about my experience. I tell them. Receive call from Disney personal shopper asking to help & sprinkle pixie dust on this problem. Call them back yesterday & again hear promise to investigate. I state how this purchase that should have been simple & is taking up a lot of time. CM apologizes.
I will pay the balance owed to Chase & then I am certain Disney will find the Rewards & I will once again have a credit... which I will need to use by 12/15 b/c Rewards card expires. I am not feeling the need to hassle w/Disney or Chase at the moment.
Disclosure; this is my first problem after many years of using Chase Disney Rewards card. I will look into getting new Reward Card that does not expire; so thank you for the heads up on that!

I enjoy having my Disney card at times for the special perks and deals, but in the end I earn better rewards with other cards, and the redemption is much easier. I just have it applied to my bill.

I do the same thing. But I think $20 is the minimum for a new card.
The very first time you order a card. After that it is $10, even for new cards. I was surprised at that the first time I ordered a new card.

About one month before a scheduled trip I will order a card with $10. And then transfer as needed. My trips are more than 2 years a part so no reusing the cards.

Sorry that happened to you. Unfortunately, people like you that essentially are getting free 1 month money loans from them by paying off your card in full each month actually do Chase a favor by cancelling. They were losing money on you. If you really want to show your dissatisfaction, re-open your account and keep using it as much as possible and keep paying it off in full.

Disagree, they're getting a percentage - that's what we always do, and we're constantly getting invitations in the mail to open new cards by other companies. DH just got $250 incentive. Our credit history (paying off monthly) is the same as it's been the last 40 years. Trust me, they're making their money!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter