Charter Flights????

richard3330

Cirque Fan
Hi :wave:,

We are planning a trip to see my ill uncle in Portugal soon and I have found a good deal for a flight from Monarch Airlines, Charter.

Has anyone travelled with them before - do you reccomend them?

Thanks in advance if you can help.

Richard. :)

Hi Richard,

We are due to fly with Monarch on our upcoming trip to FL.
We have not flown with them before, but our friends have.
They said that the flight to FL was one of the best that they have been on.
HTH's

We flew with Monarch to Gran Canaria a couple of years ago. Would certainly recommend them.

We flew with Monarchlast year to Turkey and we had nothing to complain about. In fact we are flying with them agin this year to Turkey as long as it dosent get cancelled.

I have just found out that it is actually Monarch Airlines Charter flight (not Scheduled).

What does this mean? - Will it still be with Monarch?

Thanks if you can help.

Thanks, Squitty.

Has anybody had an experience with a Charter Flight?

I have been searching the net and found a few articles saying that they are ofter un-reliable and you don't get the same rights (if the plane is delayed/ doesn't turn up etc.) as scheduled flight passengers would, apparently some companies are not obliged to give you a refund if the plane doesn't turn up.

This is a bit worrying after DW booked the flights today!

Here is one bit from the article:

"It's not legally connected to a network of planes or to guarantees of delivery in the case of delays. Charter passengers don't have the same rights and protections afforded those who pay for passage on a regularly scheduled flight.
With charters, there is usually no backup plane waiting in the wings. A charter operator is not obliged to make arrangements to get you to your destination on another carrier. And a charter operator is not obliged to offer compensation for late flights."

Thanks if you can help.

Hi Richard

Afraid that is true, they do not have to do anything but get your flight out asap... If there is a delay of several hours they usually give you vouchers for refreshments, meals etc or if o/night delay they will put you up in a hotel... bear in mind that delays of more than 12 hours will kick in compensation from most comprehensive insurance policies, providing you ASK the airline for written proof of scheduled departure time and actual departure time... without this you will be whistling dixie....

On the subject of monarch charter flights you will find as with most charter flights the seat pitch is much less generous than with scheduled...I have flown with monarch, Britannia, JMC, and Air2000 and to be honest I found the Monarch to have more space than Air2000... hope this helps

We are going with Monarch in may for the first time.

To be honest-I couldn't care who I go with as long as it is a direct fkight and it gets tme there safely.

In February we flew stright back into Manchester-where I think another family had flown ito Philly on the same day and got stuck in the snow for two days.

Give me straight through any day!

Alison

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter