• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Charm necklaces for little girls?

crusoe2

DIS Veteran
My 7yo DD came home talking about a necklace that a friend was wearing at school today. The friend told her that she got the necklace at Disney World and that it came with one charm (a pink Mickey ears maybe) and she added other charms - 3 princesses and a star w/Tinkerbell on it. She said it was on a silver chain and from her description it sounds like the charms may be enameled. Of course now DD wants one. Has anyone seen or bought anything like this? If so, where and can you tell me approx how much it cost? I would also love to know if it is costume jewelry or sterling silver. TIA:)

My daughter has the silver bracelet. They do come with a rhinestone studded mickey head charm already on them, and I believe they are costume jewelry- not sterling. They're only $10 or $15 I think (it's been a year since we got it) and the charms are extra, maybe $3? My DD picked a Jack Skellington skull & crossbones charm(I swear I had no bearing in this choice! lol) and an Ariel charm, and she'll get some more in December! The charms she has are enameled. They have these at several stores in all the parks and I'm pretty sure in the resort gift shops, too.

Thank you. I like that it isn't too expensive - I can afford to let DD have some fun with it.:goodvibes

They have necklaces and bracelets in silvertone, the charms are silvertone, enamel, or goldtone(?). No goldtone bracelets or necklaces, so the goldtone charms look really off on the silvertone bracelets.

They also have leather straps to decorate with other doodads, etc.

I believe the charms are $3.99 each.

DD has the bracelet and has run out of room! I think the bracelet was $4.99 and the necklace was $8.99? They also now have a pink toned bracelet, but I think the necklace is still only in silver. I think when we go back in Dec I am going to get her the necklace for her Christmas stocking since she has a ton of charms already and we can add a few more.

As soon as we got off the plane DD had to buy a charm at the Earport store! Flying Dumbo-LOL

I haven't heard of or seen any charm necklace, but I have a charm bracelet. :)

DD6 has the necklace and it seems like it was around $10 and the charms are around $4 each. DD got one 3 years ago and we let her add charms every year. It is a tradition now to go get her charms for her necklace just like new pins to mark the trip. We may go with a bracelet this year to, so she can mix the charms around. They are really cute and you can get them in most of the shops. We bought the original ones at MK in one of the main street shops.

Wow - I could have written this. LOL. My daughter keeps coming home from school as well, with "must have" purchases from Disney thanks to her school mate. Seriously need to consider switching classes. :rotfl:

Good to know about the charm bracelets - she's been talking non stop about them. Glad they won't break the bank.

I don't know if they have improved but I bought my nieces those charm bracelets a few years ago and they didn't last long, the stones fell out. Really just cheap costume jewelry.

There is a large square display in most larger gift shops. The charms are in little separate sections.

I started it for my DD and thought she would get one or two per trip. She turned it into one a day!!!! With her own money, it was okay with me. Her bracelet is full and I'm sure she'll start another one or a necklace the next trip.

It's time-consuming if you have a girl who has to look at everything and then decide :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter