• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Charlotte Singedskull and the Frozen Castle-Aug 30 thru Sept 4- Complete!

joining - can't wait to hear about your trip

The end of August is when we used to go when I was a kid - as NY schools started later the crowds weren't as bad as the middle of the summer, so my parents like that idea

and I hear you about having to "pick you battles" - we have to do that with my daughter ... and she's only a 4-year old drama princess :lmao:

joining - can't wait to hear about your trip

The end of August is when we used to go when I was a kid - as NY schools started later the crowds weren't as bad as the middle of the summer, so my parents like that idea

and I hear you about having to "pick you battles" - we have to do that with my daughter ... and she's only a 4-year old drama princess :lmao:

Welcome !! Thanks so much for stopping by!!

We met a lot of New York and Jersey people this week. They don't go back to school until the 9th !! Mine started August 19th. I would say that because we were there over Labor Day that crowds were moderate. The last two days of our trip though - very low crowds. I love September !!

Susan

Hi Susan! Don't get on much anymore, but I will be following along!!!
Love the picture of your daughter! I see she got the pink beret she was talking about! ;)

Hi Susan! Don't get on much anymore, but I will be following along!!!
Love the picture of your daughter! I see she got the pink beret she was talking about! ;)

Hey Melissa !! Thanks for taking the time to follow.

Yes, she talked about that thing for DAYS!! It was high on her list of things to get. And then there was the Pirate's League. She loved that, too.

Thanks for the heads up. I forget to check on TR's. I start reading them and then my head goes to an alternate universe. I am going to the dark side on my trip this year, more for Harry Potter than anything else.

The fun of a 14 year old, I remember it well. Thankfully my DGS hasn't tired of Disney yet. He's always complaining I don't take him with me.

What is a property tax on a vehicle? We don't have them up my way.

Thanks for the heads up. I forget to check on TR's. I start reading them and then my head goes to an alternate universe. I am going to the dark side on my trip this year, more for Harry Potter than anything else.

The fun of a 14 year old, I remember it well. Thankfully my DGS hasn't tired of Disney yet. He's always complaining I don't take him with me.

What is a property tax on a vehicle? We don't have them up my way.

Hey Lorrie !! I am so happy you are here !!

We pay property taxes on vehicles here. Our vehicles are fairly comparable so yearly property tax on each vehicle is about $450 each. So ... that put a damper on my spending for sure. But we still got to go, so that was good. I was still bummed we have to downgrade to QSDP.

Day 1 – Part 1

Friday, August 30, 2013.

DH likes to drive at night and I am all for getting to Disney as early as I can, so he woke us up at 2:30 AM and we were on the road by 3 AM. We all tried to sleep while he drove. DH can take an 8 hour drive and make it in about 6.5 hours by driving at night. Also, so speed laws may have been broken.

So we got to Beach Club about 9:30 AM.

We checked to see if our room was ready, but it wasn’t.

So we decided to head over to Epcot.

DD wanted to ride Test Track, so we headed that way to get fast passes.

We got our fastpasses and headed over to Spaceship Earth. First we checked Sum of all Thrills, but the line was too long.

The line for Spaceship Earth was pretty long.

But it went really fast. After that, we saw a Dad helping his toddler pee in the bushes. Way to stay classy, dude !! There was a restroom real close by, too. I just don't get it.

We were hungry, so we headed over to World Showcase to get something to eat.

EMPTY WORLD SHOWCASE >>>>

But that monorail picture with Spaceship Earth. :lovestruc

Peeing in the bushes is very classy...

EMPTY WORLD SHOWCASE >>>>

It was empty because it wasn't opened yet. I was happy to get photos of it.

But that monorail picture with Spaceship Earth. :lovestruc

I just wish the monorail was a different color

Peeing in the bushes is very classy...

I am still amazed.

I'm here! Can't wait to hear about your trip! :cool1:

Wow, you're only 8 hours away from Disney? I mean, if you had to drive 8 hours for anything else, it would be a pain, but if I lived that close, I'd have a hard time not going every weekend lol! :rotfl:

Yeah, I'm so not ok with kids peeing wherever they want in Disney, there are bathrooms everywhere, your kid has to learn to hold it sometime. :confused3 If I ever see that, I'm going to have a hard time keeping my mouth shut! :rotfl:

I'm here! Can't wait to hear about your trip! :cool1:

Wow, you're only 8 hours away from Disney? I mean, if you had to drive 8 hours for anything else, it would be a pain, but if I lived that close, I'd have a hard time not going every weekend lol! :rotfl:

Yeah, I'm so not ok with kids peeing wherever they want in Disney, there are bathrooms everywhere, your kid has to learn to hold it sometime. :confused3 If I ever see that, I'm going to have a hard time keeping my mouth shut! :rotfl:

Hey Jen !! Thanks for stopping by !! I hope you had a great birthday !!

I am so glad we live within a relatively easy distance. It helps and we get to visit about 3 times a year. Otherwise, I don't think we would ever go. DH would choke over the cost of airfare, I am sure.

Yeah, the kids peeing the bushes was gross. They spoke Spanish or something like it, so perhaps this is more acceptable in their country? I dunno. It was difficult not to say something. We DID say something to a few ladies later in the trip though. Stay tuned !!

Great start, Susan. Speeding? Hey, I'd do it too if it got me to Disney faster.

Yay for fastpasses for Test Track. The line for Spaceship Earth usually does move pretty fast.

Seriously, what is wrong with people? There is a bathroom on either side of Spaceship Earth.

Great start, Susan. Speeding? Hey, I'd do it too if it got me to Disney faster.

Yay for fastpasses for Test Track. The line for Spaceship Earth usually does move pretty fast.

Seriously, what is wrong with people? There is a bathroom on either side of Spaceship Earth.

That is right !! Anything to get us to Disney faster ! Breakin' the law !!

I don't know what is wrong with people. There seriously was a restroom about 50 feet away. Gross !!!

Day 1 – Part 2

When we last left off, we were headed to World Showcase to get something to eat.

The kids like Mexican food so we went to La Cantina de San Angel for lunch.

We like the nachos here so the kids each got them with just cheese.

They each ate half, so they could have easily split them

DH and I did share. We got the nachos loaded. Very yummy !!

All of us got churritos for dessert

We had leftovers of these, too. Definitely could have used 2 credits for four people here.

After that, it was time for our Test Track fast passes, so we headed back over that way.

Here is DD’s car.

We got stopped near the end where you see the truck’s headlights coming at you. Sat there for a little while and SLOWLY made our way around the corner. The outside track was good and fast though and that was fun. DD loves this ride, but I liked the older version better. Except for the preshow. I didn’t like that part.

We headed back towards World Showcase

DH noticed this tree and had to get a photo.

Apparently, it has girl parts. Here’s better view.

He thought this was hilarious.

I called the resort and asked if our room was ready, but they said no. Right when I hung up, we got a text with our room number. YAY !! So we went back to Beach Club to get our stuff put away. I don’t think vacation really begins until you have your things all put away in your resort room.

We were in villa #257.

Here are some photos of the room.

Kitchen

Living Room

Master Bedroom

Balcony

View

Master Bath

We went back out to the car to bring more stuff in and DD saw this butterfly.

Ariel outside the Villas

DH was very tired from having driven all night, so we got everything settled and he had a little nap. We had some special friends we were going to see on this night and I was really excited about seeing everyone.

I'm with you...I like the old version of Test Track better. We actually skipped this in June and August...just not worth a fastpass for us anymore. You had a very nice room at the Beach Club...LOVE that master bedroom (just wish I had liked BC more than I did).

I'm not a Mexican food person, but those nachos look yummy.

Following along!

We we like to drive a night too. It really makes the driving portion go faster since the kids sleep through most of it.

I absolutely love Beach Club! If I ever get to stay at a deluxe it is at the top of the list.

Absolutely can not believe that Dad let his kids pee in the bushes! Unbelievable....

Can't wait to see where you are headed next.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter