Charlies Steakhouse:a must for GREAT steaks..

dg39

DIS Veteran
If you want a GREAT steak, as tender as butter, one that you don't even need a knife to cut,GO TO CHARLIES STEAKHOUSE. Its voted the best steakhouse in florida and the 5th best nationwide. We went for the last trip & this trip and it was indeed the best. The waiters come to your table with a presentation of each steak offered. They explain how to order & what to expect from each cut. Its absolutely great. They also have a childrens menu and to die for desserts. The desserts are HUGE. They can easily be shared by 3-4 people and thats no lie. The sides are all ala carte, but the salad comes with the entree. THere are 2 locations outside of disney, I think one in Kissamee and one in Orlando. Shula's and YSH don't come close.

I absolutely agree with you. Here's our story. On our trip about 8 years ago, our flight out was cancelled and we were put up in a La Quinta hotel for the night. It was an awful hotel and the only food nearby was a McDonalds a few blocks away, across the barbed-wire surrounded parking lot. The airline had told us they would pay for dinner and breakfast. Well, I called the airline and got quite angry that they put us up in a hotel with no restaurant (we were starving after having waited around the airport for several hours and McDonalds wasn't going to do it!!). They agreed we could take a taxi cab to a restaurant and they would pay for it. We didn't even know where we were in Orlando, so we didn't know where to take a taxi to! A shuttle bus for Charlie's Steakhouse made rounds to the hotel and we hopped on and had the most wonderful dinner ever! The steak was awesome, the marinated muchrooms were better and the cheesecake was incredible. The next morning at the airport, the airline did not want to pay for the meal (too expensive), but we insisted and they relented. After all, we never did pay for a cab and that saved them money! I'll never forget lying on the bed in that awful, dirty, icky room savoring my cheesecake (best I've ever eaten) that I took in a to-go box. It was an awful day turned into a great memory because of Charlies!!

As I have posted, Dining in WDW is OK, but for real food and fair pricing, Orlando has many fine places to offer.If you have your own car, Sam Sneads is another fine place,

Here is a link to ALL Orlando area restaurants.

http://orlando.diningchannel.com/

Cameo, I didn't have there cheesecake, I had their Grand Manier Chocolate Cake. OMG, not only is this dessert HUGE(the biggest I've ever had) but the best. I bet there cheesecakes are wonderful as the rest of their desserts. I agree there marinated mushrooms were GREAT. Did yu try there pesto smashed potatoes? Talk about yummy. You were so lucky, to get that meal taken care of, its not a cheap place, but worth every penny and then some. We go every time we're in disney or orlando. Its a must for us. Did you go to Fishbones? Its the same owner. WHile they have GREAT steaks also(no T-Bones) they're supposed to have wonderful, fresh seafood. Its also a great place. THere stuffed filet mignon was so good, I dream about it. LOL....

I just realized you took your cheesecake to go. I took my cake to go also. I was to stuffed to eat it there, but it was so darn delecious looking, I knew that if I didn't have it I would have regretted it later on......

We also agree about Charlie's. We ate there in 2002 during our trip and I had the best steak I ever have eaten. It was on the suggestion of a friend that we go. We always have eaten every meal within the WDW property. However we were glad that we ventured out to try this place and are already thinking about going back. I would say if you want one of the best steak dinners you will ever have give this place a try.

Just to add a side note, we have not yet gone to Shula's or YSH.

I definitely agree, the best steaks I've ever had. We always make a special trip there just for the steaks. I love watching them cook the steaks over the wood chips. They have great servers there, we've never been disappointed. We go to the one over by the Radisson Resort Pkwy, very easy to find off of 192 and just a very short drive from wdw.

dg39 -

Thanks for the info about Fishbones. We may have to try it. I believe there is one by the Popeye's Chicken that we try to go to. I am absolutely drooling just thinking about all this food!!!!

This place has me licking my chops!! I have two questions :D

Is this place suitable for young children? We have a 4 and 7 year old. They are well behaved as long as the wait for food isn't terribly long. If you have to wait very long, they tend to be like most children and get antsy.

Second question...how expensive is this place? Does anybody remember the prices (ball park figures are fine). What some people consider expensive, others do not, and vise versa.

We never had to wait longer than 5 minutes. We go anywhere between 5 and6PM. Never been there on a weekend, so it may be crowded Fri.,Sat or Sun. I'm pretty sure they have a kids menu, but my dd age 8 ordered an appetizer as her meal. It was seafood, and extremely large. King crab legs, calamai and shrimp. The 3 of us shared that. I had the T'bone and so did my hubby. Soda for the 3 of us, 2 scotches , meals come with salad, potato & veggie. I ordered the dessert(take out) and I think the bill came alittle over $100.00 plus tip. Worth every penny. Go you won't regret it. One trick I do if the restaurant we want to go to doesn't appeal to my dd, I get her McDonalds or something else that she wants before we go & she eats that, then at the restaurant we order her a dessert and or fries. She's happy & so are we. While we're eating our dinner she's eating something also, so she's not bored and miserable and neither are we.

Thanks for the info!! I can handle that price. I remember last year we had dinner at Jiko's and it came to almost $150 for our family of four :eek:

We always try to have one nice dinner per trip. This may be the place we chose since I'm boycotting Disney's restaurants due to their lack of AP resort discounts and other cutbacks ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter