• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Charlie Sheen fired from 2 1/2 Men

lynxstch

I Love Figment
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Charlie Sheen was fired Monday from "Two and a Half Men" by Warner Bros. Television following repeated misbehavior and weeks of the actor's angry, often-manic media campaign against his studio bosses.

The action was taken after "careful consideration" and is effective immediately, the studio said in a statement. No decision has been made on the show's future without its star, said Paul McGuire, a Warner spokesman.

The actor, who has used TV, radio and social media to create a big megaphone for himself, was not silent for long.

In a text to The Associated Press, Sheen responded, with the F-word and "They lose," followed by the word "Trolls." Asked if he planned to sue, Sheen texted back, "Big." As for his next move, Sheen texted, "A big one."

A call to his attorney, Marty Singer, for comment was not immediately returned.

I say 'about time!'...did he think all his ranting and raving and acting like a jerk lately , would have no repercussions? I just feel sorry for the rest of the cast and crew. I don't know if the are going to replace him or cancel the show now

he is no different than 99.999% of the actors in hollywood. was not fired for just cause. time to get the union involved and a good lawyer. cbs should pay thru the nose as well as the production company.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Charlie Sheen was fired Monday from "Two and a Half Men" by Warner Bros. Television

I say 'about time!'...did he think all his ranting and raving and acting like a jerk lately , would have no repercussios? I just feel sorry for the rest of the cast and crew. I don't know if the are going to replace him or cancel the show now

I just saw this. I agree - if he had a "normal" job he would have been fired long ago. Does stink for the rest of the team from the show. As much as I enjoy the show, I have a hard time picturing another actor taking over the part and don't think it would be as funny without the "Charlie" part

he is no different than 99.999% of the actors in hollywood. was not fired for just cause. time to get the union involved and a good lawyer. cbs should pay thru the nose as well as the production company.

Actually, most actors have behaviour clauses in their contracts. I sincerely doubt if his behaviour over the past two weeks falls within the guidelines he agreed to, and is legally bound to.:confused3

I too think he'a great actor, but right now, he has serious issues and needs help. Firing him might just save his life!

If you're even remotely serious, this is all the more reason to HATE unions. Protecting those who abuse the system, don't take their jobs seriously, etc. Stop protecting those who are in the wrong. I don't care so much about the rants, rather his elicit drug use which is preventing him from performing up to he abilities as described in his job. I know if I was doing drugs at my company and performing to his level, I would be fired, and would expect it.

hahahaha

wait - seriously?

not sure if you were using sarcasm.

If you're even remotely serious, this is all the more reason to HATE unions. Protecting those who abuse the system, don't take their jobs seriously, etc. Stop protecting those who are in the wrong. I don't care so much about the rants, rather his elicit drug use which is preventing him from performing up to he abilities as described in his job. I know if I was doing drugs at my company and performing to his level, I would be fired, and would expect it.

But they've said all along that he always showed up and was professional. It's not like he didn't show up to shoot, they halted production.

He's been getting in trouble since day one and they never gave a crap until he talked smack about Chuck Lorre.

I'm not condoning his behavior but their whole reason is such BS.

He was fired for just cause. I believe the particular clause is called moral turpitude and Mr. Sheen violated it.

And I also am led to believe that he's only missed two days of work in total for all seasons. Still, that morality clause is there for a reason.

Don't mess with the showrunners. What an idiot.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Charlie Sheen was fired Monday from "Two and a Half Men" by Warner Bros. Television following repeated misbehavior and weeks of the actor's angry, often-manic media campaign against his studio bosses.

The action was taken after "careful consideration" and is effective immediately, the studio said in a statement. No decision has been made on the show's future without its star, said Paul McGuire, a Warner spokesman.

The actor, who has used TV, radio and social media to create a big megaphone for himself, was not silent for long.

In a text to The Associated Press, Sheen responded, with the F-word and "They lose," followed by the word "Trolls." Asked if he planned to sue, Sheen texted back, "Big." As for his next move, Sheen texted, "A big one."

A call to his attorney, Marty Singer, for comment was not immediately returned.

I say 'about time!'...did he think all his ranting and raving and acting like a jerk lately , would have no repercussions? I just feel sorry for the rest of the cast and crew. I don't know if the are going to replace him or cancel the show now

but, but, but...he's a rock star from Mars! He has magic and poetry in his fingertips! He's a WARLOCK! Don't they know that? Didn't they take notes and quake in fear from his drug induced rant of nonsense?

but, but, but...he's a rock star from Mars! He has magic and poetry in his fingertips! He's a WARLOCK! Don't they know that? Didn't they take notes and quake in fear from his drug induced rant of nonsense?

and he's #winning!

I can't wait for him to win the Guinness award for most lost followers on Twitter in a day.

How's the show going to carry on then? Will they be pulling an 'other Darren' from Bewitched situation and hoping nobody notices.

Eh i dunno, the amount of publicity he's stirred up lately, I can only imagine the publicity would help the show's ratings more than harm anything.

He was fired for just cause. I believe the particular clause is called moral turpitude and Mr. Sheen violated it.

And I also am led to believe that he's only missed two days of work in total for all seasons. Still, that morality clause is there for a reason.

Don't mess with the showrunners. What an idiot.

And correct me if I am wrong, but you are a lady that knows what you are talking about in this biz.

Sheen totally violated the behavior clause in his contract. He is a man in crisis...not a thing anyone can do to stop or save him until he wants to save himself. I am not an expert but I would not be surprised to learn he has brain damage from years of rampant substance abuse.

Charlie Sheen is a turd and a truly dumb one at that. Warner Bros and CBS were around long before he was born and will be here long after his drug and alcohol abused body becomes a corpse. Big companies like that make sure every i is dotted and every t is crossed before making a major move like firing Sheen. You can bet they had a room full of lawyers going over their options for several weeks before finally saying, enough! There will be no union or celebrity attorney that will be able help Charlie out of the mess he is in. He's an idiot and will be a broke one at that, within a year or more.:sad2:

IMHO the other characters could carry the show without Charlie.

Kill off his character. Can you just imagine that crew having Charlie's funeral?

Allen inherits the beach house. Judith and Herb appear more often, Berta is a hoot. I'm so glad Rose is back. Maybe she could stalk Allen now? Maybe it's a beach house obsession?

Jake could have a bigger role too.

I see a lot of possibility.

Charlie Sheen is a turd and a truly dumb one at that. Warner Bros and CBS were around long before he was born and will be here long after his drug and alcohol abused body becomes a corpse. Big companies like that make sure every i is dotted and every t is crossed before making a major move like firing Sheen. You can bet they had a room full of lawyers going over their options for several weeks before finally saying, enough! There will be no union or celebrity attorney that will be able help Charlie out of the mess he is in. He's an idiot and will be a broke one at that, within a year or more.:sad2:

:thumbsup2

Anyone who thinks the production company and the network didn't have an ARMY of lawyers scouring every inch of that contract to make sure they were within their legal rights is absolutely...well...Charlie Sheen. :lmao:

Tiger blood - How could you forget the Tiger blood????????

Tiger blood - How could you forget the Tiger blood????????

But what if he really is a....a...

images

But they've said all along that he always showed up and was professional. It's not like he didn't show up to shoot, they halted production.

He's been getting in trouble since day one and they never gave a crap until he talked smack about Chuck Lorre.

I'm not condoning his behavior but their whole reason is such BS.

Not true. He admitted himself that he missed practice on a regular basis. He said he didn't need to practice because practice was for actors that weren't as good as him! :lmao: By missing practice, they would have to stop more often for parts that he didn't have down pat. In addition, due to his antics over the past few months, I believe they have had to shut down production a total of three times. That costs everyone money.

Like someone mentioned earlier, I find it hard to believe that he didn't have some kind of clause in his contract about behavior. That seems unheard of in Hollywood. With all the big wig lawyers CBS must have on staff, I can't imagine they would be stupid enough to fire him without feeling fairly confident that they aren't going to lose their shirts. Of course, there are some pretty stupid people out there so who knows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter