• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Charles De Gaulle Airport

corky441

DIS Veteran
I am flying thru Paris on my way to and from Italy on the Viva Italia trip in September.

Is it possible to see the Eiffel Tower when approaching the airport? From a viewing deck at the airport?

Seeing the Tower would be the icing on the cake :cloud9:

CDG is a good distance from Paris, so you won't be able to see it from the airport. It is also northwest of the city, so you probably won't see it upon arrival either.

I saw the Tower when I departed from CDG, but it was a distance away. I was sitting on the left side of the aircraft.

Can't you just add a day in Paris on your return from Italy? Seeing the Eiffel Tower from afar is one thing, seeing it up close and going to the top is something else. You're already there, so a couple hundred dollars for an extra day isn't too much of a sacrifice.

Can't you just add a day in Paris on your return from Italy? Seeing the Eiffel Tower from afar is one thing, seeing it up close and going to the top is something else. You're already there, so a couple hundred dollars for an extra day isn't too much of a sacrifice.

Oh dear - I never gave that a thought - mon dieu

Wonder how much the change fee on AirFrance might be :rolleyes:

DH might kill me.... but a day in PARIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup2

He'll thank you for it later!

Sayhello

I normally stay in Montparnasse, but that's too far for you, given your short stay.

Find a hotel that's serviced by the Air France bus (http://www.lescarsairfrance.com/en.html) It's around 15 euros per person vs the 50-70 euros you'll pay for a taxi to get you downtown. Also, you'll want to buy your Eiffel Tower tickets online--it'll save you a ton of time (http://www.tour-eiffel.com/preparing-your-visit/buying-your-tickets)

I love taking the RER into Paris from CDG, and seeing Effiel and Scaré Coeur from the train! Getting goosebumps just thinking about it!

If you can swing it, try to stay for a couple days! Such a beautiful place...and chalk full of things to see and do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter