• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Charging up FairFX card?

jame5

Earning My Ears
I know the FairFX card has been talked about on here. I was wondering if anyone else is having problems topping up their cards?

I've been trying for days to charge up my FairFX with my Natwest Maestro. All I keep getting in payment error on the FairFX site. I rang Natwest and there is no problems on that side. I'm getting desperate now to charge up my card as I'm going to Flordia next week so I've tried to use my Egg Visa, only to get the same results as using the Natwest card.

I've got an AMEX card but it doesn't look like FairFX accept this?!

Any help, or suggestions appreciated.

Hi, I've just had the same problem. About an hour ago I tried to top up using my Nationwide debit card and at first received confirmation that it had gone through and was given a transaction reference. I went to print this off and then a message came up saying 'payment processing error' meaning that their system could not process my payment.

My online banking account shows the payment as being debited to my account. I have phoned Nationwide who confirm that it is not a problem as far as they are concerned and to check my account in the morning as it will be updated over night.

If it has gone through ok I will email Fairfx in the morning as it looks as if their system is at fault.

Could you try topping up by bank transfer rather than Maestro card?

Checked my Nationwide account again this morning and it was still showing the amount I wanted to put on my FX card as taken off my available funds. Then checked my FX account and found that my balance had been increased.

I sent an email to FairFX who have just replied confirming that everything is ok with my account despite me getting the message last night that they could not process my payment.

There was no explanation however as to why I'd got an error message. It seems as if it may be a blip in their system.

Perhaps it may be an idea for you to email them explaining the problem you're having or as David suggested top up by bank transfer.

Good news for you wickesys dad. The mystery deepens for me. I sent an email to FairFX for them to blame Egg for the payment being declined and they failed to answer why my Natwest balance has decreased and my FairFX card balance has stayed the same. I've just logged onto my FairFX account now to find that my card has an Unknown balance (was $1,750).

So I've got an Egg card that doesn't work, about 3k in cyber space and a FairFX card that doesn't know what it's doing. :sad2:

Seems as if they may have a problem at the moment or they are updating their system.

I just logged on to confirm my balance and also got 'balance unknown' and 'status unknown'. Although it says click on card number for full history it won't let me do it. Also seems to be taking an age to load.

I've just had an email from them telling me there is a problem at the FairFX end, so hopefully it'll be sorted soon. :)

I just rung them and they said that the activation system and the topping up system is completely down and was told to try again in about an hours time.

From the womens voice I must of been aout the 1000th person she has told that to today hehe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter