Charging to the room question

MickeyNicki

It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out a
For the life of me I cannot remember the answer to my question :lmao:

What is the limit on a deluxe, is it $1500? And once I reach that amount I have to go to the front desk and have them run it through my card so I can charge another $1500 right?

Sorry for the silly question but the last few trips we have used Disney Reward Cards and Gift cards so I didnt have to charge to the room......

Yes, that is correct - you need to go to the front desk and have your charging reset so that you can start charging again.

Yes, that is correct - you need to go to the front desk and have your charging reset so that you can start charging again.

Actually, you don't have to reset anything.

I go to POR; last year, I had two charges on my credit card. One for $1,010.00 and one for $53.00. I didn't go down to the front desk; they just charged my card when I reached my limit.

I have called from my room and checked the balance, then told them to charge it so I can start fresh! If you try to use the card and you go over your limit, the charge will be refused. You can then ask the CM at the cash register to allow you to call and talk to "whoever" guest services and tell them to charge it and start you clean right there. It just takes a few extra minutes.

Last trip, I had a rough experience with that. The front desk forgot to charge me my final room charges at check-in, so they just "decided" to throw it onto my room charge privileges. Next day, I had my card refused at dinner and went into a full blown panic!! They said I was at my limit and I hadn't used it yet. I had to call and have them charge off the account to reset, but it took so long I went ahead and used my CC, which I luckily had with me. I usually only go out with my room card.

Actually, you don't have to reset anything.

I go to POR; last year, I had two charges on my credit card. One for $1,010.00 and one for $53.00. I didn't go down to the front desk; they just charged my card when I reached my limit.

It seems to be sort of random according to reports here. Sometimes they will just charge the card, but others have reported having to tell them to charge the card once they reach their limits. There have been a few in the parks that have run into that issue because the resort would not allow them any additional charges until it happened.

I've hit the limit a few times. I've never had to physically go to the front desk of the resort to have them charge the amount through (which is good, as I have always been in a park shop when the limit is hit), but I have had to call the resort to authorize them to charge the amount so that they can reset the charging ability.

I have never had to call the front desk to have the charges processed to continue using the card. I usually visit the front desk the night before we leave and review the printout of our charges so I can take action to correct discrepancies before we depart. Twice out of a dozen visits were there mistakes and they rectified them immediately.

:cutie:

You can always specify a different amount at check-in and are not required to go with the standard $1500 authorization. If you know you are going to go over and have a budget of say $2500, tell the CM that when you check in. The CM will take a $2500 authorization right away. Likewise, the CM will only take say a $1000 authorization if you tell them that is your limit. There is probably a maximum and minimum starting amount, but I do not know what they are.

Last time we stayed at a moderate. The standard authorization there is $1000. Someone called us from the front desk before we went over and asked if she could take another $1000 authorization. I told her that was over my budget, and she informed me that I could pick any amount I wanted. We selected an additional $200 or $300.

Have fun.

I remember on my last trip I got an explanation about charging/reset times. If you hit your limit and don't try to use your charge any more that day, it will automatically be charged during the overnight schedule. If you are close to your limit and try to charge something that will put you over the limit, you will have to authorize the resort to charge so you can continue to charge that day.

MickeyNicki - I can't wait for 10 full days of dining reviews!!!! The Boardwalk is one of our top faves - have a great time!

Thanks for all the replies...I think I am going to call them after a few days and authorize the charge and do the same thing a few days later.....

I wish the next 35 days flies by!

The last time I used the room charge at CSR, I reached my limit by the third day. I called to tell them and they said it was no problem, they would charge the card that night and I didn't need to call anymore. Which I thought was odd. But I didn't call again and my room charge was never declined and everything was correct at check-out.

And I am also VERY EXCITED about ten days of food reviews! Have a fabulous vacation, Nicki!!!!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter