charging ipod touch

lidec

Mouseketeer
My son wants to bring his ipod touch to Disney so he has something to do on the plane. It charges by plugging it into a computer. Is there anyway to charge it at Disney?

You can buy a charger that plugs into the wall, not needing a computer. I got one at Radio Shack.

Good morning,
just go to radio shack the have an adapter that attaches to the usb end of the ipod cable. it allows him to plug it in a wall outlet to charge. i have one for mine and it works well.:thumbsup2 have a good trip.

we got ours a combo pack from Target for $19.99- car and wall charger.

Not sure where you are staying, but the DVC villas I've stayed in (BWV & BLT)have the ihome clock radio and it has an ipod dock/charger right on top - we loved it :thumbsup2

We have a little charger/dock that has speakers that we take on our trips. It's about 6"x2" wide. We have 4 Touches in our family, so we don't travel without the dock.

We just stayed at the AKL Jambo house and there was an ihome/clock radio with a charger on top in the room. I just charged mine there.

Most Southwest Airlines waiting areas have USB ports for charging devices. Other airlines may do this also.

There is an electronics store at MCO that sells battery powered chargers (also available online and in stores), they are limited in power but great for when we forget the wall chargers.

Definitely do not give Apple the $20-$30 they charge for their special iPod wall charging adapter, any adapter that will take a USB in one end and plug into a wall on the other end will work.

We use the adapter that came (FREE!!!) with my Kindle to charge our iPods.

If you have an iPhone or Android based phone, it most likely came with a USB charger that you can use. It takes a USB input and has US-style 2 prong to plug into a standard 110/220 (so it'd work in 220 Volt countries as well).

You'll find USB chargers sold at a lot of places including Target or Office Stores. I do have a few Apple ones and they're the smallest I've seen which makes it great for travel/packing. Build quality is very good as well. But by no means is it necessary to spend that much for one that functions just the same. Monoprice.com has affordable chargers/cables and reasonable USPS shipping. While you're there, you can pick up a spare ipod sync cable if your son's is in sad shape. Mine tend to separate at the joint near the ipod adapter end after 6-8 months.

I'd be interested in this as well, because while my family has 4 iPods, my daughter's new iPod Touch will not charge with the Apple wall charger, nor on the Belkin car charger/ipod player that I have.

Definitely do not give Apple the $20-$30 they charge for their special iPod wall charging adapter, any adapter that will take a USB in one end and plug into a wall on the other end will work.

We use the adapter that came (FREE!!!) with my Kindle to charge our iPods.

I re-read this and was about to ask how the heck you have the kindle mini USB (4 pin I beleive) plugging into the iTouch proprietary 4 pin port. Then I smacked my head and realized you mean the outlet box at the base of the cord, the Kindle plug detaches and you can plug your regular iTouch data cable directly into that.

Just to clarify if anyone else was confused. Good idea ;)

I know the deluxe resorts have alarm clock radios with iPod docks in them. I always charge my iPod Touch on the alarm clock dock.

I re-read this and was about to ask how the heck you have the kindle mini USB (4 pin I beleive) plugging into the iTouch proprietary 4 pin port. Then I smacked my head and realized you mean the outlet box at the base of the cord, the Kindle plug detaches and you can plug your regular iTouch data cable directly into that.

Just to clarify if anyone else was confused. Good idea ;)

LOL thanks - yeah, I just meant the plug at the end, not the whole Kindle cable.

I'd be interested in this as well, because while my family has 4 iPods, my daughter's new iPod Touch will not charge with the Apple wall charger, nor on the Belkin car charger/ipod player that I have.

This is strange to me. My DD has an Itouch and it charges with the wall charger.

Look at this whole kit you can get for iTouch, (check to make sure yours is compatible - 2G 2nd Gen). Totals almost 6 dollars after shipping:

Amazon Link (click)

You can also get cables for less than a dollar on amazon and plugs for the same.

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest