• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Charging for Parking

While I don't care to pay for parking. I certainly wouldn't change my hotel because of a $6.00 parking fee. (or $10, or $15)

Someone suggested that they just add the fee into the room. Well, what is the difference? You would pay the same amount.

The parking fee means that those who fly in, and take a shuttle to their hotel, do not have to pay for an amenity that they are not using. Why should all rates go up, so that people can think they are not paying for parking?

As for the Disney resorts, they may not charge you a separate parking fee, but they certainly are getting the money from you in higher resort rates. (much higher rates than Universal)

On our last trip, we saved over $500 at HRH using discounts that were offered. I can dismiss the parking fees when I know I am getting such a great rate to begin with.

JMHO,

Teresa

Originally posted by taylor1293
Someone suggested that they just add the fee into the room. Well, what is the difference? You would pay the same amount.

Teresa

That was exactly my point, I add the parking rate to the room rate and decide if the TOTAL is reasonable. PBH $150 Entertaiment rate + $6 parking + 156. Much better deal than GF or POLY under any discount code I've ever seen.

I'm surprised Disney isn't considering charging for parking as a way to discourage car rentals.

Plenty of companies are using parking as a source of revenue. Look at athletic stadiums, concert venues, town parks, airport, zoos, local theme parks etc. I don't completely agree with the practice but my opinion doesn' really count.

Originally posted by Lewisc
I'm surprised Disney isn't considering charging for parking as a way to discourage car rentals.

What do you mean ?
Why would they discourage car rentals?
Is'nt there a tremendous number of non locals using rental vehicles?

That was exactly my point, I add the parking rate to the room rate and decide if the TOTAL is reasonable. PBH $150 Entertaiment rate + $6 parking + 156. Much better deal than GF or POLY under any discount code I've ever seen.

Ok...I see you have a point when you compare apples to apples (ie;hotels of the same quality).
Unfortunately,we generally can only afford the medium level accomodation.So, your "reasonable " rate is still a lot of pennies for the average Joe (we go for the parking included hotels).

Plenty of companies are using parking as a source of revenue. Look at athletic stadiums, concert venues, town parks, airport, zoos, local theme parks etc. I don't completely agree with the practice but my opinion doesn' really count.

Yes....we don't agree either and to say your opinion does'nt count is not acceptable because if everyone who thought like you DID make it known to the owners that they would not stay at or use their facility again, then they would soon sit up and take notice.
Don't be apathetic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter