Charging For EMH Now??

yep. not EMH. Early EMH at MK is on Fridays (except for some weeks where it has been moved to other days of the week). This event takes place Tuesdays and Saturdays, April 26 through June (except May 10 for some reason).

EMH also has more than 3 rides available, and no included breakfast.

Last edited:

It is not EMH. EMH are not gone

Exactly, the blog was very specific about this not being EMH, I think because there was such an uproar since people thought it was. Per the blog:
"Disney Early Morning Magic will take place on select dates from 7:45-10 a.m., beginning April 26. (Note: Disney Early Morning Magic will be offered on different dates than Extra Magic Hours.)"​

Thanks to those who clarified the terminology, not so much for those who posted to tell me I am not using the forum correctly or enough.

I still think that Disney is really going bad with their greed, which has been accelerating exponentially lately. The other day with the DVC resales; It seems like Disney is on the news every other day for something bad.

Disney has been greedy for a long time, long before I was ever born.

Yes, they want money. They will always want more money. Whatever they get will never be enough. But they are not charging for EMH. They are charging for a separate ticket event that is open to everyone, not just resort guests.

The one thing I don't get is people complain about them cutting staffing (not OP), and I'd assume that some of those same people are complaining about their greedy new ideas. Can't have it both ways. If this helps them make some money and keep more people employed, it should be a win. Adding these newer hours gives people some extra hours, albeit not that many but 2-4 hours for hundreds of employees makes a difference. Not only that but the extra revenue should also help keep more people employed. Even if they don't bring back any cut positions, it's still going to put money in CMs pockets.

Thanks to those who clarified the terminology, not so much for those who posted to tell me I am not using the forum correctly or enough.

I still think that Disney is really going bad with their greed, which has been accelerating exponentially lately. The other day with the DVC resales; It seems like Disney is on the news every other day for something bad.

I can't blame them for the DVC thing either. The major perks should be kept for people who buy straight from them and not from a resale agent. But that is the case of many things at WDW, people want the premium perks or goods but try to find ways to get them for less. And if they find a nice loophole Disney will shut it down after a while.

Meh. for three rides, not worth it to me. Although breakfast sounds good and it's nice that's included. In my younger days, I might have hopped on it. Now I prefer sleep.

In any case, as others have said - EMH are not going away and this is separate. I like the idea of being allowed in the park for limited times with less crowds. However, I see a lot of that becoming overused and the crowds would be just as bad as normal park hours, only for more money. Or they limit the tickets and people get angry and frustrated because it's always sold out. Either way, I don't see a way it ends well.

Meh. for three rides, not worth it to me. Although breakfast sounds good and it's nice that's included. In my younger days, I might have hopped on it. Now I prefer sleep.

In any case, as others have said - EMH are not going away and this is separate. I like the idea of being allowed in the park for limited times with less crowds. However, I see a lot of that becoming overused and the crowds would be just as bad as normal park hours, only for more money. Or they limit the tickets and people get angry and frustrated because it's always sold out. Either way, I don't see a way it ends well.

If it was more rides I would have gone for it, at least once. Throw in at least one of the Mountains, and it would be much more appealing.

The one thing I don't get is people complain about them cutting staffing (not OP), and I'd assume that some of those same people are complaining about their greedy new ideas. Can't have it both ways. If this helps them make some money and keep more people employed, it should be a win. Adding these newer hours gives people some extra hours, albeit not that many but 2-4 hours for hundreds of employees makes a difference. Not only that but the extra revenue should also help keep more people employed. Even if they don't bring back any cut positions, it's still going to put money in CMs pockets.

The money is going to Shanghai though...or at least that's the popular theory. But hey, jobs is jobs, whether American or Chinese.

If it was more rides I would have gone for it, at least once. Throw in at least one of the Mountains, and it would be much more appealing.

I agree with that. For BTMR or Space Mountain, I would do it.

Heck, I would do it if they threw in AdventureLand and blaze thorough Pirates, tiki and Jungle Cruise prior to the crowds starting in.

as for DVC the resale market is HUGE because you can buy there for at least half the price that you can buy directly from Disney. So what should Disney do to encourage purchasing from them? "Lower the prices" won't happen. I can't see limiting perks as wicked when they could do stuff like allow them to only book their home resort. If I saved that much buying resale, I'd use it to buy an AP and get most of the same perks.

They put Anna and Elsa out there, they can greet maybe 30 families an hour if each family gets 2 minutes. Then in a 3 hour event they can greet a total of 90 families. Don't know what the event capacity is, but say it's 1000. Then you have around 800-900 people who didn't have time to meet Anna and Elsa. Those 800-900 people complain vociferously at Guest Relations.

Roaming characters might work but roaming characters tend to get mobbed, especially if they are popular characters.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter