• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Charged $50 for wristband?

dvcdisney

DIS Veteran
I'm just wondering if anyone here have been charged $50 for not returning the wristband.

I just noticed on my credit card that a separate charge of $50 US was put through. We returned the wristband on the last night and even received a receipt for it. I'm just wondering how this happened. I saw the CM put it through the computer and then she gave us the receipt. This is what we did on the previous cruise of our b2b.

Or is this charge for something else? I'm not aware of any other thing so I'm really confused. I put a dispute through with my credit card company since I didn't authorize this charge.

But I'm curious if anyone here has has this experience and what did they do to resolve it.

Any info would be very much appreciated. :)

I havent heard of any thing like that happeneing, though Im wondering if it could be a mistake on DCLS part, in that the paperwork was not inputted correctly. Call DCL and ask.

Yup, call and ask who you need to mail a copy of your return receipt to.

Companies can be tough.
I just today got a refund that took me 2 months to get for a defect product I returned. I had to get a return authorization number, which I put on the product box and the outside envelope per their instructions. And I sent it with delivery confirmation, per their instructions.
They actually emailed me that "just because the post office confirms that they delivered it to us, doesn't mean who got it". Huh?

I called them and they said they would look into it. I've called my cc company and explained to them what the charge could be. They emailed me the forms to dispute it. If I don't hear back from DCL in a week or two, I will process the dispute.

Thanks for your suggestions. I was a little confused by it. And I'm still not sure if it about the wristband, but I'm glad I still have the receipt.

I'm just wondering if anyone here have been charged $50 for not returning the wristband.

I just noticed on my credit card that a separate charge of $50 US was put through. We returned the wristband on the last night and even received a receipt for it. I'm just wondering how this happened. I saw the CM put it through the computer and then she gave us the receipt. This is what we did on the previous cruise of our b2b.

Or is this charge for something else? I'm not aware of any other thing so I'm really confused. I put a dispute through with my credit card company since I didn't authorize this charge.

But I'm curious if anyone here has has this experience and what did they do to resolve it.

Any info would be very much appreciated. :)

what type of wristband was this? Do all guests have to wear wristbands now?

what type of wristband was this? Do all guests have to wear wristbands now?

The wristband in question is one that are put on the kids that are in the clubs. It's used for them to check in/out (don't know if they're used for anything else).

I called them and they said they would look into it. I've called my cc company and explained to them what the charge could be. They emailed me the forms to dispute it. If I don't hear back from DCL in a week or two, I will process the dispute.

Thanks for your suggestions. I was a little confused by it. And I'm still not sure if it about the wristband, but I'm glad I still have the receipt.

I kept my receipts for the same reason. On our B2B, they told us our DS could just keep the band on for both cruises but they processed it out and gave me a receipt for the first cruise. Then we just reprocessed him in with the same band at the start of the second cruise.

But the CM did tell me to hold on to the receipt in case we accidentally got billed for the first cruise.

The wristband in question is one that are put on the kids that are in the clubs. It's used for them to check in/out (don't know if they're used for anything else).

The newer bands also have an RFID tracker in them. One of the counselors told me they can find any kid in any club from any club, on the computer. If they are wandering the ship, the tracker doesnt work. Only in the clubs. It was added when the age limits were dropped from the individual clubs. That was as of Oct 2010 on the Magic.

I kept my receipts for the same reason. On our B2B, they told us our DS could just keep the band on for both cruises but they processed it out and gave me a receipt for the first cruise. Then we just reprocessed him in with the same band at the start of the second cruise.

But the CM did tell me to hold on to the receipt in case we accidentally got billed for the first cruise.

Even with a the receipt I made sure to watch that she scanned it and she did. We were actually on our way out of the club when she did it so I had a view of the screen.

I understand that mistakes happen, but I'm just curious why when I called the first time, they couldn't even help me. On the second phone call, she couldn't tell me what it was for. There should be an easier way to deal with this, like being able to directly call the guest services to find out exactly what the charge was for. Or the system should be able to show my account and the activity on it. Either way, I just don't think it should take them weeks to look into it.

I wouldn't wait to process the dispute with yr CC. I see no benefit to y waiting. Disney messed up, y didn't take their item.

I wouldn't wait to process the dispute with yr CC. I see no benefit to y waiting. Disney messed up, y didn't take their item.

:rotfl: It probably took me longer to read and understand this post then the time it took you to type it...short cuts and all. :rotfl2: Welcome!

I wouldn't wait too long, if I were u. :thumbsup2 After having charges from Saudi Arabia on my credit card, I don't wait to call the company anymore. At least you alerted them.

There is a limit to the time you have to dispute a charge on your credit card. I'd give DCL about a week and if the credit isn't on your card by then, start the dispute process. It can always be stopped if DCL comes thru with the refund.

It has to be the wrist band--the wave phone charge is $250 and you don't have a receipt to prove that one. If your stateroom host says it was missing, you get charged!!!

Definitely go ahead and put it in dispute!

I had a $250 charge on my statement for the wavephone and have it under dispute right now. I called DCL twice and had to wait for them to research (took over 2 weeks). Then they called back and said "missing or damaged phone". That's pretty NON-specific!!!

Long story but mine was for a phone we took to G/S for a repair that was not working in the first place. Finally I spoke with someone from DCL last week who said they really have no proof of the missing or damaged phone, so they would almost certainly have to refund my $250.

That said, I'm still waiting on a definitive answer and my credit card payment is due. If I had waited to dispute it, I would be incurring interest on the charge.

Thanks everyone.

I will give them a week and if nothing, I will proceed with the dispute.

And yes, there is a time limit so I'm not waiting too long. I will admit that the CM I spoke with this time was very helpful and it sounded like there will be no issue. But you never know.

So, it does sound like it can only be the wristband. I wished they would just have a code for that in the system so anyone who calls will know what it's for. That way, on my first call, they can provide me info about how I can send them a copy of the receipt to prove that I returned it.

Definitely go ahead and put it in dispute!

I had a $250 charge on my statement for the wavephone and have it under dispute right now. I called DCL twice and had to wait for them to research (took over 2 weeks). Then they called back and said "missing or damaged phone". That's pretty NON-specific!!!

Long story but mine was for a phone we took to G/S for a repair that was not working in the first place. Finally I spoke with someone from DCL last week who said they really have no proof of the missing or damaged phone, so they would almost certainly have to refund my $250.

That said, I'm still waiting on a definitive answer and my credit card payment is due. If I had waited to dispute it, I would be incurring interest on the charge.

:sad2:They should really provide receipt for that as well. I don't care if I have to line up somewhere to return it, I will, just so I am given that proof.

I think I would just dispute that automatically without even bothering to call DCL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter