• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Charged $20 Fee!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any experience with the new reservation rules and showing up with less people on than on the reservation. Just wondering if this is considered "modifying"? I know in the past if we had a reservation for 6 but only showed up with 4 it wasn't a problem. Try not to do this too often but we usually travel with a large group and inevitability 2 or 3 out of the group will not show for dining.

Anyone have any experience with the new reservation rules and showing up with less people on than on the reservation. Just wondering if this is considered "modifying"? I know in the past if we had a reservation for 6 but only showed up with 4 it wasn't a problem. Try not to do this too often but we usually travel with a large group and inevitability 2 or 3 out of the group will not show for dining.
It's not a problem, just like previously. As long as someone shows up, you won't be charged for missing people.

And I don’t think saying a ride long was too long should be an excuse to get the charge removed. That would involve almost everyone at WDW! If you reserve a restaurant then you should wait till after dinner to get on the ride. By not cancelling ahead means others won’t be able to get a table then since the restaurant thinks you’re coming to eat.

I thought new rules say you will be charged if not changed two hours or more before reservation?
I didn’t realize that or I would not have made a reservation. I believe it’s wrong to charge for a reservation at all.

We did this as well. My DD and I went to Boma. DH was meant to join but he wasn’t feeling well so he dropped us off. We told the hostess and it was no problem.

And I don’t think saying a ride long was too long should be an excuse to get the charge removed. That would involve almost everyone at WDW! If you reserve a restaurant then you should wait till after dinner to get on the ride. By not cancelling ahead means others won’t be able to get a table then since the restaurant thinks you’re coming to eat.
Whatever.

This thread is being closed at the request of the original poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter