• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Charge for milk?

CesD

Mouseketeer
Is milk free if we order through room service? Also, has anyone been able to order it warm in a carafe? I'm thinking my kids would like to make hot cocoa in our room.
On that note, is chocolate milk free?

We just got back from a cruise on the Freedom of the Seas and the milk was free (white and chocolate) but it was only available in those small cartons like they have at schools. I would take chocolate ones back to the room and keep them in the refrigerator for night time. They did not have milk available at lunch or dinner though unless you asked for it. Hope that helps.:fish:

I just got back from Freedom of the Seas -- they have actual packets of hot chocolate mix plus hot water available for free with the coffee and tea. Just pop over to one of the drink areas!

I just got back from Freedom of the Seas -- they have actual packets of hot chocolate mix plus hot water available for free with the coffee and tea. Just pop over to one of the drink areas!
Thank u!!! I was hoping to make them the hot cocoa with milk though. Do u remember what brand the hot cocoa was?

We just got back from a cruise on the Freedom of the Seas and the milk was free (white and chocolate) but it was only available in those small cartons like they have at schools. I would take chocolate ones back to the room and keep them in the refrigerator for night time. They did not have milk available at lunch or dinner though unless you asked for it. Hope that helps.:fish:
It does, thanks... Was it still free for lunch and dinner?

I *think* nestle... but someone may correct me.

i'm pretty sure i've seen nestle and carnation, but usually nestle. sometimes when they run out of something they will replace it with a temporary stock of something else (like on our last cruise they ran out of bottled water so starting using the walmart house brand - they must have bought it in port!), so the carnation might have been due to a situation like that, as it's generally nestle. if you make it with hot water and then add a dash of milk, it stays warm but helps with the creaminess. i do that a lot at home when i'm low on milk and too lazy to run to the store. :P

not sure what ship you will be on, and they are not free, but the promenade cafe makes hot chocolate with milk. it's $3 or $4, but maybe you could get a large and split it between the kids. the patisserie on quantum and anthem also sell gourmet hot chocolates made with milk for around $4 that are fantastic. these are also all included in the royal replenish drink package, if you are looking at packages at all.

i'm pretty sure i've seen nestle and carnation, but usually nestle. sometimes when they run out of something they will replace it with a temporary stock of something else (like on our last cruise they ran out of bottled water so starting using the walmart house brand - they must have bought it in port!), so the carnation might have been due to a situation like that, as it's generally nestle. if you make it with hot water and then add a dash of milk, it stays warm but helps with the creaminess. i do that a lot at home when i'm low on milk and too lazy to run to the store. :P

not sure what ship you will be on, and they are not free, but the promenade cafe makes hot chocolate with milk. it's $3 or $4, but maybe you could get a large and split it between the kids. the patisserie on quantum and anthem also sell gourmet hot chocolates made with milk for around $4 that are fantastic. these are also all included in the royal replenish drink package, if you are looking at packages at all.

Thank u!!!! I may just give the kids a few bucks to splurge on drinks.
This will be our first time not sailing DCL so I have no idea how much we will want/need the drink package or not.

Thank u!!!! I may just give the kids a few bucks to splurge on drinks.
This will be our first time not sailing DCL so I have no idea how much we will want/need the drink package or not.

they are actually my on-vacation splurge, too. :) at home i try not to drink my calories, so hot chocolates and frappuccinos are my cruise treat.

if you find yourself spending a lot on drinks that would be covered by the package, you can buy it partway through the cruise (there have to be 4 days left, so on a 7-night cruise you can buy it on days 1, 2, and 3), and they will prorate it to charge you just for the days you have it (so if you bought it for days 4-7 of the trip, you would only pay 4/7ths of the normal price). there are generally tables set up outside the buffet to purchase the packages, or you can ask at any of the bars. royal refreshment is soda only, royal replenish is sodas plus virgin cocktails, specialty coffees/frappuccinos, teas, and hot chocolates (like the ones at the cafe promenade and patisserie), bottled water, and fresh-squeezed orange juice in the mornings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter