Characters with nicknames??

disneygal6568

making dreams come true
I wanted a list of nicknames of characters in Disneyland. I know about Spieling Peter, Huggy Pan and GrassHopper Hatter, but I wanted to know if there were any more. I might go to Disneyland in November so I would prefer if they still worked at the park. A list like this would be greatly appreciated:

Spieling Peter (No longer active)
Huggy Pan (No longer active)

Thank you!

Now I feel like I'm crazy!

Google "Spieling Peter" and you will see what I mean. He is the most famous of the nicknamed characters

Thank you! I already know about this specific Peter Pan, but I want to know about other characters, including Alice and the Mad Hatter.

Ok, I think I understand what you are getting at. Certain CMs with a particular personality. Other than Maynard, I've never heard of the others. But here's one Sherry discovered. I'll call him In Your Face Pluto! :rotfl2:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2945179&page=2

Scroll down the page until you come to picture of Pluto in her face. I think that's one, I'd want to avoid.

I don't know if Maynard is still there. Oh, there is Chef Oscar who is an old time CM who comes out to visit with the guests at... Oh, I forget the name of the restaurant. Someone will know. The name just went out of my head. On Main Street.

Ok, Ok..... OK

Here is the origin. There is a large group of followers of the Face Character Cast Members at Disneyland on YouTube.

Many YouTube posts were by a Disneyland Cast Member, Brianna Garcia. She is a talented artist, but no longer works at Disneyland. Her YouTube videos had nicknames for the different castmembers she posted videos of. These names stuck, and others used the same nicknames in their videos.

Go to YouTube and search for "Hatters Disneyland" or "Alice Disneyland". There are videos showing the nicknames.
Links:
http://youtu.be/Ty0HbmUY8PE
http://youtu.be/ctBocE_X-8o

Basically, There is only one Alice, Cinderella, Mad Hatter, Snow White, Peter Pan, etc.
They may have slightly different personalities depending where and when you meet them.
Do not ask about or use a nickname, each is THE Alice, Tinkerbelle, etc

Hatter Nicknames: Reggie, Storyteller, Squishy, Psycho (My Favorite), Silver, Maddy, Grasshopper, Epic, Smokey, Sweet, ----- Hatter.

Alice Nicknames: Parade, Sassy, Babydoll, Cindy, Cheasire, Coral, Carebear, Demure, Repunzel (Before the Movie), Little, Harmonic, ----- Alice.

Most no longer work there. The ones still working at Disneyland include Storyteller Hatter and Demure Alice/Tinkerbell.

Speiling Peter was the most famous. In real life he is a talented Actor (If you see the current KAYAK TV ad, he is the one getting the Atomic Wedgie.
Last month Speiling Peter Pan married Carebear Wendy/Alice...
Link: http://youtu.be/4dRjhrGCXSE

Currently nobody is naming them, including Brianna. The current most followed character is "Gingersnap" Alice/Wendy. She is actually featured on the offical Disneyland web site in several photos.
DisneylandSitewithAlicecopy1.jpg

Here is a link where I ask her about the Photo...

http://youtu.be/pww_Ovy4jbY

Thanks 1951- I had never heard of such things until the OP brought it up. I've never really paid a lot of attention to characters. :confused3

Thank you for the information!

Does anybody know about any others that still work there? So far I have:

Demure Alice/Tinkerbell
Gingersnap Alice
Storyteller Hatter

How cool. I'm glad to be in on this information. We met Gingersnap Alice in December!

There are certainly others that I am aware of, but I've wondered about the point of the original post. (That is, even disregarding the fact that you have no guarantee of any particular friend still being around in November).

I want to meet some specific characters and my friend is obsessed with a certain hatter, but he is no longer there (GrassHopper Hatter) so I am trying to steer her torwards characters that are still in the parks today so the she will actually have a chance to meet them.

And about the second part: I also wanted to keep this updated for other people between now and November and after November.

Well, that's actually news to me. I hadn't seen any evidence of Grasshopper at the park recently, but wasn't sure he was gone for good.

I hope you friend realizes that meeting a particular friend of a particular character is simply blind luck. No Disneyland CM will tell you, for example, that Malibu Tinker Bell will be in Pixie Hollow. The best place to ask about characters is at the information stand at the "top left" of Main Street. You can find out if and when (and in a general sense, where) a character, e.g. Mad Hatter, will be out, but not who is going to be his friend that day.

Also, note that the nicknames will never appear as part of a character's autograph.

There are some posts here that show someone being a friend of, say, Alice in one photo and Tinker Bell in another - like this.

As for nicknames, I don't want to be listing them and issuing corrections for several months. If there's someone in particular in mind, I can tell, to the best of my knowledge, if the character friend at DLR is still there.

Thank you Pearlster! We just want s great character experience so thanks for the imput! I heard a rumor about Grasshopper Hatter leaving from a CM at Disneyland, but I don't know if he is gone for good:confused3.

My former trip ended up getting postponed due to Hurricane Sandy, and it got moved to Spring Break in 2014. Odviously, that is a long ways away, but I want to keep this thread up to date for people who might happen to stumble upon it before they go.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter