Characters vs. Pin Traders: It's Heated War! A Pixie-Dusted Nerdventure (COMPLETE)

Bon Appetit! Enter Master of the Castle and Cue Heart Attack
June 23rd, 2014

Our reservation was at 6:50pm so you have your bearings. We arrived at about 6:40pm if I remember correctly.

And where was this reservation at?

Why...

BE OUR GUEST
Of course!

I'm sure those who read my ADR know that I had booked this for the first night and had booked this the day I was able to book dining reservations so I was super excited to eat here. But who wouldn't? You get to eat in BEAST'S CASTLE! That's pretty cool and pretty much every DISer I've come in contact with has gone so it was necessary.

When we arrived at the Castle, we weren't really sure to check-in since you don't actually do it INSIDE the Castle, but somewhere before you go over the Bridge. Nate asked a Cast Member standing in front of the gates where the check-in desk was and she directed us towards the opposite of the gates where there was conveniently a booth to check in at. We went up, gave them our name and after answering questions like "Are you on the Dining Plan?" (which we were) and others, she handed us a beeper and told us we could head down the bridge and a Cast Member (I forget what they called them here) would come get us when our table was ready.

Likewise, that is what we did!

On our way down, we had to say hi to some gargoyle friends.

I think my pose made up for whatever happened at Gaston's fountain. And I think Nate's made us even.

We continued down to the door where there was water and lemon water all set up for our hydrating needs. Nate and I both grabbed a cup to rehydrate ourselves once more. It wasn't long before a nice lady CM called out our names and we were brought before this:

You can see Nate and the Cast Member, whose name I don't recall, in front of me. You also might notice that Nate is doing a sort of victory pose because our host CM was a DCPer from Penn State. Nate is going to be a freshman there next year so he was very excited to be able to talk someone about it. Of course, this led into a quick discussion about the DCP which brought me into the conversation. She was a Junior and said she was loving it so I had a prime example of why I should do it right there.

Anyways, back to that door shown above, those doors opened towards us. I should be used to do this with attractions like PhilharMagic and ITTBAB, but I would've never expected at a restaurant and they opened in the same manner as if a person had pushed these heavy doors open. I had been to some awesome Disney restaurants in the past, but they never made a big deal about the entryway. Disney was making all the stops at BOG and they didn't end here.

Next, we were given the grand tour. I wish I could tell you all that she said, it was a bit hard to hear her over the dining room din, not only that, I was quite mesmerized by this:

Gorgeous! Just... gorgeous. It looked EXACTLY like the movie and the music was pumped in everywhere. Loving it already! And guess what?

WE WERE SEATED IN THE BALLROOM!

Yup, our host left us right in the midst of the ballroom. I was still longing for my West Wing, but Ballroom life was pretty nice. I mean, we were sitting in the place where Belle danced the night away with the Beast. You can't beat that.

"Certain as the sun, rising in the east, tale as old as time, song as old as rhyme, beauty and the beast..."

I was starting to get a bit nostalgic since Beauty & the Beast is one of the only Disney musicals I've performed in. I only had a small part, but to this date it's one of my all-time favorite shows I've been in. The personal connection and having watched the movie quite a bit, this was too unreal. This was the turning point where I really felt I was in a dream and hoped and prayed I never EVER woke up.

Getting back to "real life"...

Now, I had seen photos of all the rooms beforehand (though no photo could truly capture the true majesty and brilliance of the ballroom), but I hadn't of what had to be the most perfect place setting ever. Or maybe it was just this:

Someone needs to teach me how to do this. IT'S A NAPKIN WRAPPED LIKE A ROSE!!! What even? I told you Disney was making all the stops. To add to the napkin, our table was very ornate along with our chairs, instead of saying 'Hi' or 'Hello' all the Cast Members here said 'Bonjour' to which I would always reply likewise, roses were imbedded in everything and... yeah, this place was pretty dang perfect.

Let's not forget our adorable menu!

Anyways, somewhere in the midst of all my ogling at everything, our waitress had arrived. Her name was Awilda. She was very sweet and attentive. No complaints. I was drawing blanks on how the DDP works so Nate and I asked her about all of that to which she was very gracious about answering (we were on the basic Dining Plan so it was one non-alcoholic drink, one entree and one dessert for each person in the party if anyone's curious). After getting that squared away, we quickly placed our drink orders. Nate seemed already ready to place an order for our entrees, but I still barely looked at the menu so she went off to get our drinks and I took a gander at the entrees:

I was pretty quick in my decision and she came back with our drinks just in time to take our orders. For my drink, I got...

THE ALL NATURAL LEMONADE!!!!!!!

Description: All-Natural Lemonade sweetened with Organic Cane Juice and topped with Wildberry Foam.

Lemme tell you, this was probably the best thing I drank all trip! I like to think of myself as a lemonade connoisseur. I've tasted some pretty zany sounding ones, but this... takes the cake. It was the perfect amount of sweet and sour and it wasn't watery... EVER, which is rare in lemonade since when the ice melts it's just gross but this never did. The Wildberry Foam was probably the best part... Ohhhh, I wish this wasn't a non-refill drink because I could've probably downed three of these. PER-FEC-TION.

I don't remember what Nate got, I think it was either a water or a soda, the general fare. Nothing to report about or take a photo of.

The lovely Awilda made a quick round then was back with a basket of some bread and butter, all nice and warm. Be Our Guest was raising the bar REALLY high tonight, I can tell you that.

We enjoyed our bread and just chatted away about whatever. I don't remember, but eventually our entrees arrived in style. And if you have caught on, you know I am NOT kidding about this. Awilda came over with two other servers who served us our entrees complete with word-for-word descriptions. First, there was mine:

"Here we have 'Layered Ratatouille with Oven-Baked Zucchini, Eggplant, Mushrooms, and Caramelized Onions all sliced and layered on Quinoa served with Bell Pepper Sauce and topped with an edible garnish.'"

Then, we have Nate's:

"And over here we have 'Grilled Strip Steak with Garlic Butter Spread and Pommes Frittes served on the side.'"

"Enjoy!"

Don't mind if we do!

I apologize again for my eyes in the photo. I promise this will be the last of those. And I get sunburns on my nose all the time so it's not a big deal.

Anyways, I LOVED my Ratatouille! It was divine. LOTS of flavors, a bit overwhelming, but they really balanced each other out. My favorite part was probably the actual ratatouille part with the onions, mushrooms and eggplant. They all complimented one other perfectly I actually managed to finish the whole thing, which is a rare instance for me. It all definitely hit the spot.

Nate was not entirely pleased with his steak. He said it was very tough and didn't seem cooked as well as he liked. I tried some of his and agreed it was tough, but I liked the flavor. I think the star of his dish were definitely the Pommes Frittes and the Garlic Butter Spread (which I thought was a Bearnaise). They were on point. I actually started taking Pommes Frittes from him and just dipping them right into it. He was having issues with the steak so he didn't mind even though he really liked it too.

The mother from the table next to us heard Nate and mine's conversation (the tables here are really close so if you plan on releasing any highly confidential secrets about Area 51, I suggest you not do it at Be Our Guest). They asked about the steak and Nate let them know just as Awilda decided to come back. I kinda gave her a weird look because I was trying to tell Nate to stop talking. Although it wasn't her fault and Nate did end up telling her about his issue with the steak (he didn't send it back), I don't like to do that all that often. My parents never did it when I was younger and we really still don't. I just feel some waiters, waitresses and chefs are sensitive to it and I don't like doing it. Whatever, I was loving everything about my meal and Nate managed to make the best of his meal.

Then...

*TRUMPETS BLARE*

*TIMMY SHUDDERS AND CONTINUES TO SHAKE*

*TIMMY HAS A HEART ATTACK*

*NATE'S ALREADY DEAD FROM HEART ATTACK*

*TIMMY FALLS OVER DEAD*

*THE WHOLE BALLROOM FALLS OVER DEAD*

*DRUMS*

*THE APOCALYPSE*

*LIFE GOES ON*

Okay, maybe that was a bit dramatic. If you don't know what was going on, this was the part of the night where they announced the arrival of the "Master of the Castle" aka "The Beast". It is SUPER LOUD and abrupt. It only happened two or three times while we were there, but it scared Nate and I initially. The table next to us was a bit startled too. We both laughed about it, checking to see if we all were breathing again lol

After that, we were waiting around a bit, just picking at our food (I was pretty much finished, but Nate still had some left) before Awilda came back. She picked up our plates and we waited again another while. This was definitely where things slowed down for us, but dessert comes as dessert comes as it does. Except this is Be Our Guest and it comes IN A ROLLING GLASS AND MAHOGANY DISPLAY CASE! WHAT?! I already knew what I was getting, but I was not one to stop dear Awilda from telling us what was in the case. Nate made his decision fairly quickly and this is what we got.

Mine, first (always) :

Say it with me now, "Try the grey stuff, it's delicious! Don't believe me? Ask the dishes!"

Yup, the famed Grey Stuff was my dessert of choice and boy were those dishes right. It was delicious! The brownie part was strange at first since it was soft on the outside, but very hard. Once I managed to bite through, the Hallelujah chorus appeared and I was in Disney food heaven. It was so light, moist and flavorful. Of course, I was already heading towards that food wall so I never got to finish, but I so wish I did now.

Then, there was Nate's:

This is called the Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake. He seemed to really enjoy it! We were honestly all over these desserts, but were we full. These desserts also came off a bit on the richer side, which isn't bad, but it's really filling even for smaller portions. We both wish we could've finished, but our tummies were satisfied and the Magic Kingdom was calling us so it was time for the bill.

The Beast came by once more before Awilda came over with the bill and I managed to get a decent photo of him:

Once Awilda came over with the bill, we asked her if she would take a photo with the both of us to commemorate our first meal and a successful one (at least for me) at that:

Very, very white.

We had another little shock since I totally forgot that tips were not included with the Dining Plan. Well, I didn't really, I just was a bit caught off-guard since I never planned to bring cash. Nate luckily had some, albeit very few, which resulted in a little... under-tipping shall we say. Luckily, we managed to get by all this by using our cards for tips later, but if Awilda is reading this I would like to formally apologize for a low tip. You were a FAB waitress and we were unprepared. Thank you for a wonderful dinner!

And after Nate oh-so-nicely signed the check and everything was set, we were off. Of course, we had to stop by and say hi to the Beast first. It's only courteous to thank the host for the meal. I don't remember if Nate did, but I did of course and got a nice bow in response. Then, we took the photo:

A bit awkward, but I'm not sure we could've done better. I didn't prepare too well to pose with a Beast that night. Oh well.

We passed by some Knights, who were being quite unruly, but I guess it gets boring just standing there all night. Too bad we were all too ready to head out the door to take a moment to chat. I got a photo instead, of course:

We were back out in the main entryway where a particular stained glass window caught my attention...

Nate offered to take a photo of me with it, which I was only too happy to oblige for:

I offered to return the favor and Nate was all 'What have I got to lose?'

With that, we made our grand exit.

My final consensus on Be Our Guest: I want to go back. It is hands down one of my new favorite meals in Disney. Disney outdid themselves BIG TIME with this one creating not only a pleasant dining experience, but an actual experience that you usually only get in Disney attractions, not to mention a nice little character experience too. I think it might not have been the best move to come here with Nate since he is the type who goes to restaurants for the food, but I just couldn't pass up this place. If I come back with my family or on a solo trip or with a fellow DISer/Disney Lover, this would be the place I'd reserve FIRST. I highly recommend it to anyone and that to try the Ratatouille. I haven't seen many reviews of it so I felt it only necessary to really urge you try it, especially if you had a bad experience with another item. In general, if you haven't gone to BOG yet, you need to! Now. Sprint your Disney loving butt to the Disney website and make a reservation. Or better yet, just beg and plead for a walk up. Pretend you are dying and this could be your last meal so they'll have to let you in... I don't know, just git 'er done so you can go back again and again and again. Seriously.

Harry Potter Novel Length review aside and a great dining experience left in the dust, Nate and I were once again back out in the glorious Magic Kingdom with so much to do. The big question now: Where do we go from here?

Continued Here

It looks like you had a wonderful dinner at BOG! I couldn't get a dinner ADR last trip and didn't make it over there for lunch, so it's definitely high on my list the next time I make it to MK. I've heard several rave reviews about it and the pictures of the food always look amazing. The rooms also look amazing and I can't wait to see it myself! :)

I'm happy you enjoyed your experience at BOG! I was lucky enough to be seated in the West Wing for my dinner there last August, and let me tell you, it was amazing. All the effort put in to the restaurant blows me away. I also had the lemonade, and I loved it! The foam was the best part. I'm excited to read more about your nerdventure (love that word, I'm going to start using it in my day to day life)!

Looks like you had a fabulous dinner at BOG! I went for lunch back in January and I had the "Masters Cupcake" for dessert with The Grey Stuff on it and it was delicious!

AHHHHH BE OUR GUEST!!!

Lookin' fly in the gargoyle pic, Timmy. :rotfl:

MY BALLROOM. Oh my gosh, the emotions I had when I saw it for the first time. It's perfection. Just right out of the movie. If we do the DCP together we have to go at Christmastime because they decorate it and just AHHHHH I LOVE IT.

I'm glad you liked your ratatouille! Bummer about Nate's steak, though :( that garlic butter spread though. It's life-giving.

LOL I had the same reaction to the Beast's processional. WHAT IS HAPPENING AND WHY IS IT SO LOUD?!

I'm so glad you had such a good experience! Beauty and the Beast is my #1 favorite movie so I was going to love it no matter what but Disney just went so above and beyond creating a wholly immersive experience. Love it love it love it.

It looks like you had a wonderful dinner at BOG! I couldn't get a dinner ADR last trip and didn't make it over there for lunch, so it's definitely high on my list the next time I make it to MK. I've heard several rave reviews about it and the pictures of the food always look amazing. The rooms also look amazing and I can't wait to see it myself! :)

It was! It's most definitely a new fave and return visits are imperative now. You should definitely try your best for an ADR on your next trip. I'll send some pixie dust your way to help make it happen (180 day mark, it works :thumbsup2). :wizard:

I'm happy you enjoyed your experience at BOG! I was lucky enough to be seated in the West Wing for my dinner there last August, and let me tell you, it was amazing. All the effort put in to the restaurant blows me away. I also had the lemonade, and I loved it! The foam was the best part. I'm excited to read more about your nerdventure (love that word, I'm going to start using it in my day to day life)!

Thanks! It was so lovely. Aww, I'm jealous. There's no way that I will make a return visit without being seated in the West Wing. I HAVE to see it. ::yes:: So glad you enjoyed the Lemonade too. It is THE BEST! :goodvibes I'll be excited to read more of your comments! Thanks for taking a moment to write one for me! Oh and :welcome:

Looks like you had a fabulous dinner at BOG! I went for lunch back in January and I had the "Masters Cupcake" for dessert with The Grey Stuff on it and it was delicious!

It so was! LOVE BOG! :yay: And yeah, Grey Stuff is the best stuff on Earth.

AHHHHH BE OUR GUEST!!!

Lookin' fly in the gargoyle pic, Timmy. :rotfl:

:teeth: We were hardcore twinning.

MY BALLROOM. Oh my gosh, the emotions I had when I saw it for the first time. It's perfection. Just right out of the movie. If we do the DCP together we have to go at Christmastime because they decorate it and just AHHHHH I LOVE IT.

I think I actually had to catch my breath when I saw it. It is so unbelievably beautiful and detailed, really felt like you were walking into the movie. And OMG YEEESSSS!!! Literally, DCP Fall Advantage 2015 has to happen now. HAS TO.

I'm glad you liked your ratatouille! Bummer about Nate's steak, though :( that garlic butter spread though. It's life-giving.

I know. :/ Good thing we had some other fantastic dining experiences to compensate for it and that dessert! But yeah, the garlic butter spread is heavenly. :littleangel:

LOL I had the same reaction to the Beast's processional. WHAT IS HAPPENING AND WHY IS IT SO LOUD?!

It got us EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I'm bringing earplugs next time. Mhm.

I'm so glad you had such a good experience! Beauty and the Beast is my #1 favorite movie so I was going to love it no matter what but Disney just went so above and beyond creating a wholly immersive experience. Love it love it love it.

Disney raised the bar SOOOO unbelievably high with Be Our Guest. I can only imagine how it was for someone who's as big a fan as you, because I was stunned. Now, if only they made a Tiana's Place restaurant, I'd probably faint just seeing a sketch if that happened. :cloud9:

Someone needs to teach me how to do this. IT'S A NAPKIN WRAPPED LIKE A ROSE!!! What even? I told you Disney was making all the stops. To add to the napkin, our table was very ornate along with our chairs, instead of saying 'Hi' or 'Hello' all the Cast Members here said 'Bonjour' to which I would always reply likewise, roses were imbedded in everything and... yeah, this place was pretty dang perfect.

We also loved Be Our Guest and the napkins so....my daughter asked how they make them and our amazing waitress, Jennifer, showed her how and I took notes... thought you might like this :flower3:

The pictures are in order and directions sort of on the side.

Oh and did you notice how almost creepy the baby faces were if you looked at them too long in the ballroom mural in the center? They are actually employee's kids faces born while the work was being done in the room

We also loved Be Our Guest and the napkins so....my daughter asked how they make them and our amazing waitress, Jennifer, showed her how and I took notes... thought you might like this :flower3:

The pictures are in order and directions sort of on the side.

Oh and did you notice how almost creepy the baby faces were if you looked at them too long in the ballroom mural in the center? They are actually employee's kids faces born while the work was being done in the room

That's so cool! Thank you for showing me this! I'm actually going to have test that out now haha Wish I had asked my waitress about that one.

No, that's weird. It's kind of sweet and kind of creepy at the same time. I'll just avert my eyes then next time. :thumbsup2

I'm Sassy, Goofy Trips, Donald's Impatient and We're All Too Focused
June 23rd, 2014

After Be Our Guest, most everything was a blur. The magic was real and I felt like I was in a dream. I'm not even kidding. I literally was scared that I would wake up in my bed and probably sob myself back to sleep realizing my Disney trip didn't actually happen. But it did and I had to constantly remind myself of that. This day was so perfect and the night was young and we had some of my friends from the circus to go visit so to Pete's Silly Slideshow we were off!

The wait for Minnie and Daisy still said it had a bit of a wait, but Goofy and Donald had a very short one so I had to jump right on that. On our way in, we were given the sacred red card. Nate was all "whatever", but I was excited because... IT'S THE SACRED RED CARD! But that's about it and I was more excited to meet Goofy and Donald. It was my first character M&G and my first with Goofy.

Yes, you heard me right.

My

First

Meet

And

Greet

With

Goofy

I'm sure you're all not the least bit surprised by now. It's true, seriously, this mark the first occasion that I got to meet Goofy. Two trips and I've been Goofy-less, but that was all about to change in a matter of minutes.

While in line, we witnessed quite the funny interaction going on. There was a large group of what seemed to be DCPers just enjoying the park and something someone said caused a little throw down between Goofy and Donald. It was really funny to see. I just love when characters go at it or are about to, it's the cutest thing. I was hoping I would be able to make that happen during my M&Gs.

Queuing right along, we noticed that Goofy was being very proactive and decided to take over the Character Attendant's job by taking the little red cards when it was time to meet him. Of course, I wanted to add a little fuel to Goofy's fire so once I got to the front and handed my bag and camera to Nate, I decided to go into sassy lifeguard mode and swing that red card like a whistle (I usually wear my whistle around my neck, but... It's a lifeguard thing to swing your whistle around your finger. Don't tell me you haven't seen them do that. Really.). It took a moment for Goofy to notice what was going on, but the Character Attendant and Photopass Photographer noticed right away and laughed. The Character Attendant waited a moment and once Goofy noticed what was up, he went over and tried to snatch it. Unfortunately, the Character Attendant beat him to it. Goofy wasn't too happy about that, but he was meeting ME and I was meeting HIM so it was all good. I'm not sure how him and his Character Attendant fared after...

I went up to go say hi and Goofy had a little spill, almost went right in with his motorcycle. I caught him and made sure he was okay. All was good and we hugged.

After our long-awaited embrace, Goofy had to check out my pins.

I wasn't wearing any Goofy ones that day so I explained to him that pins of him were too special to come with me into the park. I kept them all at home safe and sound. He still wasn't too pleased that I didn't have any, but then we laughed the whole thing off. The Goof is a real pal.

Then, we turned our attention to the camera and posed for a photo. We were being quite fabulous that night.

After saying goodbye to the Goof, we went right on in to meet Donald. Donald was much shorter than I was so I had to kneel down a bit for the hug. I whispered in his ear that he was my favorite and that made him very happy. We immediately got into pose mode for our photo, which the Photopass photographer was all about it. Nate was a little slow on the uptake. I was in ultra sassy mode with Donald so I yelled out, "Hurry up, Nate! Donald's getting impatient!" To which Donald responded with some foot stomping action a la frustrated child. It was so adorable and made me feel so bad about lying to him about being my favorite (we all know who that is... at least I hope you do). Finally, Nate started snapping away:

I gave Donald a quick goodbye hug and we slipped out of Pete's Silly Sideshow, I VERY happy with the amazing M&Gs I had with my favorite duck and goof. I was so excited for the other M&Gs this trip would bring!

BTW, across these two M&Gs, Nate and I only got photos from Goofy's PP photographer while Donald we did not. I posted some of the photos here, can you guess which ones are from my camera and which are photopass?

While you try and figure that out, let's keep this TR a-going shall we.

When we got out of the M&G area, it was very dark out and very much nighttime. We also started feeling a few rain drops, something we had been expecting all day. I was a bit nervous that Wishes might be cancelled, but I knew Celebrate the Magic would still be happening and I had yet to see a Castle projection show so after checking the times sheet, it was time to move it or lose it.

We headed out of Storybook Circus towards Tomorrowland where we passed by the Mad Tea Party:

There were very slim chances we'd go on the Mad Tea Party. It was never a must-do for me and Nate gets bad motion sickness on spinny rides so we bypassed it. I don't know what I said, but I thought Nate cracked a nice toothy smile.

DARN! I missed it again! That kid was going to give me ulcers on this trip.

Failed attempt at capturing a genuine smile from Nathan aside, we ended up in Tomorrowland. Nate and I STILL were looking forward to a ride on Space Mountain, we slivered our way through the Tomorrowland crowds and ended up right alongside the entrance.

The wait I believe was about 50 minutes. Yeeeaaaahhhhh, nooooooooo, but we still had to ride it at least once before the night was over so it was TTFN to Space Mountain.

I just love the added touch the refurb wall gives. *sarcasm*

After passing under the PeopleMover, of which I still managed to shed a tear for for I was not going to ride thee this trip, we saw the Tomorrowland Dance Party going on. Nate and I jammed out shamelessly, but that was the closest we got to the party. I did take a quick pic though, make the party last longer:

Then, we arrived at BUZZ! The wait was around 20 minutes I believe, which was a pretty good time considering we didn't want to get to Main Street too too early so I convinced Nate to ride it. Nate is a huge gamer so I knew this was something he would love and what's more?

HE HAD NEVER RODE BUZZ BEFORE!

I was genuinely shocked and knew that this was a must. We hopped in line and were handed what else but the SACRED RED CARD! *Hallelujah Chorus reprise* We were getting blessed with these quite a bit tonight.

Luckily this time around I actually had to wait a bit so I thought, "Hey! Why not take a selfie?" And so I did!

I am the epitome of exquisiteness. *sarcasm returns*

The wait was probably the quickest I had to wait for Buzz which was nice, but it was still a wait so... PHOTO TIME!

Buzz was oh so generous to be the perfect model for my photos that night. Thank you Buzz!

Star Command called us to our Battle Stations and it was time to save the galaxy! I had not been such a great adversary to the great Buzz Lightyear in the past so I was ready to kick some bad alien bootay! TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!

It was quite the epic ride. I was all over the place, going from side-to-side, killing it AAAAANNNDDD...

I still was not good enough and got Space Cadet or something pathetic. I don't even want to remember to be honest. Nate did a bit better than me, but got the same ranking. Oh well, we're just not cut out to be Space Rangers, are we? :/

BUT we did get THE BEST RIDE PHOTO EVER!

Check this out:

I have never seen such a focused group of Space Ranger candidates ever before. There was some tongue, there was the closed eye, there was the tight lip... it was PEERRRFFF. We truly had our game faces on in the face of Zurg that night. It killed me I couldn't get a decent souvenir photo. #crying

I moved on and I had at least the photo above so it was all good. We returned to Earth and marched out of Tomorrowland like the good Space Ranger wannabes we were.

The crowds were already pretty well formed on Main Street when we got there. It was jam-packed to say the least. I hadn't really had a spot in mind, but I heard some good things about the Casey's Corner area so Nate and I maneuvered our way in that direction. We actually found a spot right by the mailbox on that side of the street and under a little flower box. Since, we still had a few minutes until Celebrate the Magic was too begin I took some photos of Cindy's GAWGEOUS Castle:

Then, I turned around and got a photo of lit Main Street. Oh, I love Magic Kingdom at night!

The people continued to try and squish themselves into the crowd, but I maintained my spot. The rain started to lightly dampen us, but as they say on Broadway: The show must go on!

It was 9:45pm EST and it was time to...

pixiedust: CELEBRATE THE MAGIC! pixiedust:

Continued Here

First, in response to your response to my comment...Tiana's Place needs to happen. And it needs to serve beignets. And you need to live there. The end.

Such a great first M&G with Goofy!! And Donald is so much fun. He's so cute when he's mad.

:rotfl: at your ride photo. You guys are in the zone!

That's a great spot for CTM/Wishes! So excited to see what you think :goodvibes

Yay for meeting Goofy and Donald! :) It sounds like you had a great interaction with them.

Haha, you are both very serious in the Buzz picture. Love it!

Castle pictures never get old...and lit up Main Street is awesome! :)

First, in response to your response to my comment...Tiana's Place needs to happen. And it needs to serve beignets. And you need to live there. The end.

Yes, yes and yes. :thumbsup2

Such a great first M&G with Goofy!! And Donald is so much fun. He's so cute when he's mad.

They are both so much fun to interact with and I was so happy they were the first two I met! And Donald really is the cutest when he's mad.

:rotfl: at your ride photo. You guys are in the zone!

Always. :cool2:

That's a great spot for CTM/Wishes! So excited to see what you think :goodvibes

*spoiler alert* It was PERF.

Yay for meeting Goofy and Donald! :) It sounds like you had a great interaction with them.

We most definitely did! They are both so cute and hysterical. :goodvibes

Haha, you are both very serious in the Buzz picture. Love it!

You're sent on a mission to save the galaxy! How can you not be serious? ;)

Castle pictures never get old...and lit up Main Street is awesome! :)

Agreed and Main Street lit up is so beyond magical. :cloud9:

Awesome character interactions. My DD doesn't want to do M&G's this year for some reason and I am fine with that. We certainly have done quiet a few in the past. I guess we will just concentrate more on the rides!

I love Space Ranger Spin for some reason. Anytime I can be in a ride car with a little gun thingy and shoot at random targets I'm pretty much a happy gal!

Awesome character interactions. My DD doesn't want to do M&G's this year for some reason and I am fine with that. We certainly have done quiet a few in the past. I guess we will just concentrate more on the rides!

I love Space Ranger Spin for some reason. Anytime I can be in a ride car with a little gun thingy and shoot at random targets I'm pretty much a happy gal!

Awww, that's too bad although you can never go wrong with Disney rides. Character M&Gs are my new favorite thing to do in Disney so I've gone in the opposite direction of most as they get older since it used to be all attractions for me. I have some really great ones coming up that I can't wait to tell you about! :teeth:

Haha, that's awesome! Space Ranger Spin is so much fun, but I prefer TSM because you can actually figure out what you're aiming at lol Or that could be just me :upsidedow

WOW what a first day and a day of 'firsts':cool1:

M&G::worship: Food::cloud9: attractions :woohoo: AoA:love:

Just a magicäl day all around :tinker:

Hello my lovely readers!

I'm sorry it took so long to post this update, but I guess you now know how it probably will be once I start classes in college. This week has been crazy busy. I've had tech week for Anything Goes on top of my work schedule and when I wasn't doing any of that, I was sleeping. Now, we're heading into our closing night so I'm going to be pretty free up until the 30th when I move into my dorm.

In other news, I have A LOT to do before college too, so there goes the rest of my summer... almost. My dad and I just went to look at laptops. It's between a MacBook or a Lenovo. My dad and I also might go see Newsies next week before it closes, but no word on if that will happen. I'm crossing my fingers since I really would like to see it there since I haven't been to NYC in over a year and I miss it and I really really REALLY want to see Newsies!

So yeah, lots happening in my world, but let's get back to the world of Disney shall we...

Let's Celebrate the Magic and Wish Upon Stars!
June 23rd, 2014

Time to celebrate the magic!

http://youtu.be/7eX4EzvR4Y8

I love love love LOVED Celebrate the Magic SOOOO much! Such a... well... MAGICAL show. This was my first time seeing a Castle Projection show in person and it seriously is incredible how they manage to make such clear and realistic images appear on the castle. It made every image so much more impacting, not too mention the gorgeous soundtrack it's all set too. And I was so happy that Princess and the Frog was in the show, I about screamed when I saw that. AND WRECK-IT RALPH TOO! Brave got the boot for Frozen and Wreck-It Ralph is still in. My heart sings when I hear that. My favorite section was most definitely the Tangled one when the lanterns go up. I almost cried. And I love how during the Frozen section you can just hear all of Main Street singing their hearts out to "Let It Go". Disney seriously manages to pour the magic on with the show and I have no complaints.

I know some people thought this show paled in comparison to The Magic, The Memories and You, but from what I've seen of both (MM&Y on YouTube) this show was a lot more engaging. It also fit in with the other shows at Magic Kingdom and was a much better foil to Wishes so I think it was necessary. I think a show like MM&Y actually might fit better in Epcot IMO, it's not as much a fantasy geared show as it is a show about people and memories. I will agree that it would be SUPER cool if they would project Photopass photos from that day on the Castle again, but I barely even missed it. Maybe if they decided to update IllumiNations and added a projection show aspect on Spaceship Earth or something with photos from around the world in Epcot, I think that would be even better than what MM&Y did. Come find me Disney execs and we can talk!

Anyways, after a minute of reconfiguring myself and moving over so Nate could fit under the flower box to hide himself from the rain, it was WISHING TIME!!! I had only seen Wishes previously from Fantasyland so I was SUPER excited to see it in front of the Castle especially since I now knew Tinkerbell flies over the crowd. I was pumped to see that. My camera was starting to feel the day wear on it with a low battery, but I still got some awesome fireworks photos.

Without further ado, let's...

"Make a wish and do as dreamers do!"

"And all our wishes... will come true..."

"The most fantastic, magical things can happen and it all starts with a wish."

"When your heart is in your dreams, no request is too extreme!"

"I wish, oh I wish I could be part of that world!"

"I wish we'd never have to grow up! OFF TO NEVERLAND HAHA!"

"Oh Jiminy! Someday I wish I could be a real boy!"

"Genie, I wish for your freedom!"

"You know any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free."

"Fate is kind. She brings to those who love the sweet fulfillment of that secret longing."

"Sometimes wishes are granted in the most unexpected ways!"

"...A thunderbolt to cast my spell, alas grant me my wish as well."

"Remember we must all believe in our wishes for they are the magic in the world."

"Now, let's all put our hearts together and make a wish come true!"

I LOVE Wishes so much! It's not extremely extravagant like most fireworks show around Disney, but it is just so perfect. Needless to say, I was very misty-eyed (and thoroughly misted) by the end.

After Wishes ended, we hightailed on out of there as quickly as possible. Weaving our way to our next destination and I regaling my experience at Crystal Palace at 2010 (No, this was actually a very good story!), we ended up here:

]

And I had a very specific destination ahead in mind!

Continued Here

Get Soaked on Pirates? I Kind Of Like The Little Squirts Myself
June 23rd, 2014

I will let you know now that my camera was not very adaptive when it came to nighttime photography. I hate using flash so I tried to use it sparingly so there won't be a ton of photos in the next few updates. Also, it was raining for a good bit of the time that I was outside taking photos so it was tough to get unblemished photos, but I still got photos of significant events that happened. Let's move on to those, shall we!

We were back into Adventureland, completely undeterred by the drizzling going on. The night was still young, still VERY VERY young and I was not going to miss the opportunity to finally ride theeee......

:sail: JUNGLE CRUISE!!!! :sail:

And with only a ten minute wait, we were SOOOO doing it. I know Nate wasn't really into this earlier, but right now he seemed pretty excited. I was excited because I had never done it before and I was more than ready for the awesome puns, eye-rolling-worthy/tongue-in-cheek humor and that famous backside of water. Let's go!

There was some lag time in the queue since they were rainproofing the boats around the time we got in line. We stopped at one point in front of this guy:

You may not see it too clearly, but it's a giant faux tarantula in a cage. I'm not crazy about spiders so it kinda skeeved me out, but also piqued my curiosity. With a child-like enthusiasm I touched the cage and the thing jolted and I almost had another heart attack/soiled undergarments situation. Everyone in line (including good ole best friend Nate) behind us laughed.

Note to self for next time: DON'T TOUCH THE CAGE! (OR tell an unsuspecting victim to check it out for you, one way or the other, no embarrassment will come your way, guaranteed.)

Soon after that, we were ushered onto the loading dock where our boat was coming into pick us up:

I don't remember precisely if that was the one we actually got or it was the one after, but we got to ride it, no ifs, ands or buts about it. and guess what?

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEDDDDDDD IT!!!!!!

I've always had a love/hate relationship with the humor used on the Jungle Cruise since my dad tends to drop it upon me like a bad egg all the time. But I absolutely loved it, it is honestly one of my new faves right up alongside Space Mountain and the like. Our skipper was great, nothing extraordinarily special, but he did a really good job of keeping things going and keeping us all engaged. We also were lucky to be in a very engaged boat. Everyone laughed at the jokes and seemed so into it. I've seen some videos of boats just kinda being along for the ride so it was nice that that wasn't the case for us. My favorite joke was probably the rhino one that sort of goes like this...

"That rhino is really trying to get his point across. The guy at the bottom will get the point in the end I'm sure."

If you haven't been on Jungle Cruise, which I doubt is the case for a DISer, you probably don't get what's going on. I won't spoil it for anybody, but OMG, it's actually hysterical. Dark humor is my fave hehe

After our return to civilization and being told to "Get out!", the rain decided to lighten up a bit for us as we came across another classic Adventureland attraction: Pirates of the Caribbean! Of course, we had another attraction in mind at this time, but the line was down to it's five minutes, which in POTC speak is a walk-on so we couldn't pass up the opportunity.

I took a few quick photos while walking through one of my favorite Disney queues:

It was a walk-on as suspected and I loved it just as much as I did before. I was mourning the loss of Davy Jones in the fog (he was MUCH more eerie), but I loved the mermaid's song ("For my jolly sailor bold...") being added to the "Dead Men Tell No Tales" section. I was upset to see they removed the projections in the water that I heard about, but it all was still super awesome. I never tire of POTC.

We also had some interesting riders in the row behind us. I don't remember their faces much, but I know they were trying to freak out one of their friends about the drop. They made it sound like we were riding Splash Mountain and we were going to get soaked. I know that's not the case and I went to correct them. Of course, I realized after that they were just saying that to psyche out their friend, which actually worked, but I still felt super bad about almost ruining it. We also got a lot more wet after the drop than I expected, which says how much I know. :upsidedow

We got stuck under THE LEG this time again and I was freaking out on this trip. If you guys don't know what the leg is, I unfortunately didn't get the photo I wanted of it, but it is the leg of the hairy pirate with his vase of rum who hangs over the entry way to the final scenes of the ride. His leg is literally the most disgusting thing and for some reason, that is the spot where the ride gets backed up so you might get stuck underneath it and be afraid of a possible animatronic hairy leg falling on you. Yeah, that's why I freaked out. And now you will freak out because now you will be thinking about that while on the ride. You're welcome. You can try and pray for George to splash you to distract you from it (that's what he did in February 2011 to me). That crazy ghost, but he was being nice when we rode this time. And if you don't know who George is... Well, I've taken up enough of your time. Moving on!

I was legitimately on cloud nine by now, just getting of POTC. The rain had fully stopped, I was in Disney... with my best friend, the crowds had died and... EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT! I know I've said that a lot, but that really was what was happening. It was all perfect. And the pièce de résistance was just around the corner.

We're-- oh, some playful spirits have interrupted our tour, please remain seated in your doom buggies while Timmy gets things back in order... but actually, we're going to need a whole update for this next one so PLEASE, sit tight.

Continued Here

I really liked MMY but I LOVE Celebrate the Magic!! I think the graphics and the music are much better. I agree with you that the I See The Light section is the best. I get all kinds of emotional at that.

Wishes!!! I love that last picture you got. So beautiful.

I definitely would have shrieked if I touched that tarantula cage.

I actually got soaked once on Pirates!! Only once but it was the worst because I wasn't expecting it. I think it was because we had a lot of people in the front and not many in the back...it was a crazy POTC experience for sure.

Noooo not the hairy leg!!

Beautiful pictures and the video of CtM was mindblowing.pixiedust:

Jungle Cruise:banana: First time??:confused3

Except I was the brunt of one of the jokes. The one with the 'what state are you from'... But seeing that you don't want to spoil it? Suffice to say I got the last laugh. People say I'm quick witted, came in handy on my last trip as i seemed to be an easy target but it was all great fun:rotfl2:

Your day gets better by the minute, you went commando for sure:worship:

oooh your beloved HM:hmghost: cannot wait!

We bought the 45th Anniversary shirts. All of these special shirts are going to break me:lmao:

By the way, the drop in POtC is much more severe at Disneyland, I was surprised WDWs wasn't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter