• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Characters vs. Pin Traders: It's Heated War! A Pixie-Dusted Nerdventure (COMPLETE)

I also loved Big Hero 6 and ADORED Feast. Oh my gosh that dog is too darn cute. I've been hinting at my mom that we need to go to WDW so I can meet Hiro and Baymax but that may have to wait for the DCP…

Your costume looks great! :thumbsup2 I was Olaf…which I know won't make you happy…but at least I didn't go as Elsa, right?

I LOVE that pumpkin coach!!!

Ughhh Beverly. Never again.

The picture the lady took of you came out great!!

I also loved Big Hero 6 and ADORED Feast. Oh my gosh that dog is too darn cute. I've been hinting at my mom that we need to go to WDW so I can meet Hiro and Baymax but that may have to wait for the DCP…

WINSTON!!! Love Winston. If I ever get a dog of my own one day, it will be Winston if a boy and Lady if a girl. :teeth: Haha, what better reason to! But if it happens on your DCP, we can meet them together and group hug Baymax! :hug::hug:

Your costume looks great! :thumbsup2 I was Olaf…which I know won't make you happy…but at least I didn't go as Elsa, right?

Thanks! :goodvibes OLAF YES I might be completely Frozen'd out, but I will never EVER be Olaf'd out. I must see a photo! ::yes::

I LOVE that pumpkin coach!!!

I was fangirling bad at that mansion. They had a Dopey statue that was just so adorable and all the ladies who were monitoring the line were dressed as Disney princesses (I talked with one who was dressed as Ariel and she had a DINGLEHOPPER!!!)

Ughhh Beverly. Never again.

Same. So much same.

The picture the lady took of you came out great!!

Thanks! Definitely my go-to for EPCOT photos (other than the water bending one ;))

Ooooh my goodness. I... I don't even know where to begin??????

SO MUCH HAS HAPPENED AND YOU'VE ONLY BEEN AT THE WORLD FOR 2 DAYS????? HOW?????

ALL of your photos are fantastic. Thank you for the Journey of the Little Mermaid queue spam, it really is my favorite thing in the world. And the photos of the plushies in the MK Emporium. Your photos of your little mermaid suite are going to make me cry (I literally would not be able to shower if I stayed in a LM suite because I would just sing part of your world in the shower and wake up the hotel and probably get sued and lose all my money). PS, I saw your reference underneath your photo with the Eric statue and I FELT NOTHING ;)

I... surprisingly... as much as I hate admitting this... am also a water snob. In NJ our water = everything, ya'll. It's what makes our bagels and pizza so good. Literally, I arrived at Georgia for dinner on our drive to WDW this summer and ordered a glass of water from a restaurant and GAGGED. I forgot that water tastes like sulfur down south. I literally brushed my teeth with bottled water that trip. The struggle was too real. :sad2:

Literally, same to both the dole whip situation and the dumbo situation.
I had done neither of them until my most recent trip #guilty.

I feel you on the "Cinderella meeting in her other outfits" debate. If Cinderella met in her pink dress, or, LORD, if Aurora met in her forest dress- I would be at their M&Gs at rope drop. The struggle is alive and well.

Your BoG ADR photos made me cry. I miss BoG so much. It was my favorite non-character meal the whole trip. I got the fruit punch with the lime foam on top- hoorah for foam drinks! And the whole *WORLD SHAKES* *DRUM SOLO ALA LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS PROLOGUE* *LIFE ENDS* spiel regarding getting to try the gray stuff was literally me too. Ugh, you just get me so well.

Jumping ahead a lot but LMAOOOO TO THE RANT ABOUT MALEFICENT'S NEW MAKEUP!!! PREACH!!! I just want them to do regular meets with the new movie Maleficent because Anglina Jolie #worked Maleficent and the meet and greet videos from the 24 hour event with movie Maleficent are on point.

But, on a WAY more important note. NEWSIES!!!! I wanted to see the tour so badly while it was in Philadelphia!!!! I met some of the guys at Broadway Flea Market this year and they really are a sweet bunch of boys. Did you get to stagedoor??? Also did you see it while it was on Broadway??? I'M SO JEL YOU GOT TO SEE LETTER TO THE REFUGE (I'VE ONLY HEARD IT ILLEGALLY ON TUMBLR SHHHHH) CAUSE YEAH IT WASN'T IN THE BROADWAY VERSION (WHICH I SAW AN EMBARRASSING 8 TIMES IN MY LIFE SHHHHH) AND UHGHGHGHGHLKOIUOIUOIUJWJS;LKDFJASDF

Okay. I'm going to calm down now. It's 10:30 in the evening, and I've just spent the last hour of my thanksgiving break re-reading this TR. BUT I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR MORE ABOUT THIS TRIP/NEWSIES.

ok s just started this thread this evening so this post may be a tad long lol and i apologize XD

since i got your intros feel its fair to share mine

The names Cameron i have what people who know me call borderline mental disney addiction haha but in a loving way.. i hope anyway ha.
lets see the narrow down list:
favorite movie? Snow white (you have to love the classic)
PARK?? MAGIC KINGDOM!! coming in second would probably be Hollywood studios love all the shows and the feel to that park but like you Magic kingdom is my staple.
Character? Peter Pan or Stitch love them both
Princess? thats tricky but id have to say... Elsa if i honestly had to choose as a character to meet her or Snow White
Table service: 1900 park fare
Quick service: Pinochhios village (typo possibly)
snack? thats tough usually don't get many snacks honestly i love them but tend to try and eat maybe twice a day.. le fou's brew!! tried that on my last trip and was thoroughly impressed!
resort?? Contemporary or coronado springs
favorite song? so many choices but probably POOR UNFORTUNATE SOULS or kiss the girl (ashley tisdales version though don't shoot me lol)
Quote?

ok i think that was all of what you offered :) so far I'm to the point where you just got off space mountain, just know I'm having the same trouble debate with whether or not to buy memory maker (now only option) but i think all ride photos are linked to magic band regardless, like you I'm taking a best friend i haven't seen in ages and definitely want the memories saved. so far its an awesome read and I'm hoping ours turns out half as fun dude! well going to keep reading just wanted to throw in that i was catching up!, and sort introduce myself some!

ok all caught up and can't wait to see more, like that you also add day to day life in-between, i have to agree the frozen craze is reaching hazardous heights I've had ppl ask when is cinderella's castle going to renamed Elsa's castle i had to refrain myself on that one... it was good movie but the hype has honestly killed it. now big hero 6 i think we actually saw it around the same time ironically. loved it!! I'm sad i won't be able to meet baymax on upcoming trip due to not making it to but 1 park.

also agree it was wrong to remove maelstrom

can't wait for more dude awesome TR

(REALLY GREAT PHOTOS) love chip and dale selfies !

Ooooh my goodness. I... I don't even know where to begin??????

SO MUCH HAS HAPPENED AND YOU'VE ONLY BEEN AT THE WORLD FOR 2 DAYS????? HOW?????

ALL of your photos are fantastic. Thank you for the Journey of the Little Mermaid queue spam, it really is my favorite thing in the world. And the photos of the plushies in the MK Emporium. Your photos of your little mermaid suite are going to make me cry (I literally would not be able to shower if I stayed in a LM suite because I would just sing part of your world in the shower and wake up the hotel and probably get sued and lose all my money). PS, I saw your reference underneath your photo with the Eric statue and I FELT NOTHING ;)

YAY! You made it over!

We were very efficient is all I can say lol

Thank you! I have so many photos of JoLM so you'll be seeing quite a bit ore of those. Same with Emporium photos although most I got were from the exterior. Haha, I doubt that would happen. I'm pretty sure I sang only Part of Your World in that shower many times along with the whole LM soundtrack and there probably was some hardcore belting. :cool1: So glad someone caught that one. A Chorus Line :lovestruc

I... surprisingly... as much as I hate admitting this... am also a water snob. In NJ our water = everything, ya'll. It's what makes our bagels and pizza so good. Literally, I arrived at Georgia for dinner on our drive to WDW this summer and ordered a glass of water from a restaurant and GAGGED. I forgot that water tastes like sulfur down south. I literally brushed my teeth with bottled water that trip. The struggle was too real. :sad2:

Well, at least you didn't expectorate all over Adventureland like I did. I don't know why I hadn't realized how gross it was before. I've heard they use copper in their water to clean it out which is why it tastes so funny. Whatever. Next time, I'm buying some bottled water. LOTS of bottled water.

Literally, same to both the dole whip situation and the dumbo situation.
I had done neither of them until my most recent trip #guilty.

I feel you on the "Cinderella meeting in her other outfits" debate. If Cinderella met in her pink dress, or, LORD, if Aurora met in her forest dress- I would be at their M&Gs at rope drop. The struggle is alive and well.

YES. So glad I'm not the only one lol I wish I had gotten to them both earlier. They are glorious.

Exactly! OMG I never even thought about Aurora as Briar Rose. That'd be perfect. Uggghhh, why don't they do that? They give Belle three dresses and Ariel two, why not some more for the classics. I mean, Aurora does wear purple in the Christmas parade, but why not some forest action? Disney better listen up here.

Your BoG ADR photos made me cry. I miss BoG so much. It was my favorite non-character meal the whole trip. I got the fruit punch with the lime foam on top- hoorah for foam drinks! And the whole *WORLD SHAKES* *DRUM SOLO ALA LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS PROLOGUE* *LIFE ENDS* spiel regarding getting to try the gray stuff was literally me too. Ugh, you just get me so well.

Same! Definitely my new fave. Wish I had been able to go for lunch and try the French Onion Soup, but whatevs. Foam drinks are THE BEST. And OMG, that Master's entrance was just terrifying *shudders* I'd be surprised if anyone didn't fall out of their seats when that happened.

Jumping ahead a lot but LMAOOOO TO THE RANT ABOUT MALEFICENT'S NEW MAKEUP!!! PREACH!!! I just want them to do regular meets with the new movie Maleficent because Anglina Jolie #worked Maleficent and the meet and greet videos from the 24 hour event with movie Maleficent are on point.

Do not even get me started. I'm not totally down with switching over to the Jolie Maleficent, not that she wasn't a great one (Jolie made that movie), but I have some major issues with that film (I'm a big Sleeping Beauty purist lol) Just going back to the darker, intenser make-up would be fine.

But, on a WAY more important note. NEWSIES!!!! I wanted to see the tour so badly while it was in Philadelphia!!!! I met some of the guys at Broadway Flea Market this year and they really are a sweet bunch of boys. Did you get to stagedoor??? Also did you see it while it was on Broadway??? I'M SO JEL YOU GOT TO SEE LETTER TO THE REFUGE (I'VE ONLY HEARD IT ILLEGALLY ON TUMBLR SHHHHH) CAUSE YEAH IT WASN'T IN THE BROADWAY VERSION (WHICH I SAW AN EMBARRASSING 8 TIMES IN MY LIFE SHHHHH) AND UHGHGHGHGHLKOIUOIUOIUJWJS;LKDFJASDF

Okay. I'm going to calm down now. It's 10:30 in the evening, and I've just spent the last hour of my thanksgiving break re-reading this TR. BUT I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR MORE ABOUT THIS TRIP/NEWSIES.

I wish I stagedoor'd. I wasn't sure if there was one because on tours, it's pretty iffy and even if there is one, there's no guarantee they will come out. I found out later they did, but whatever. So jelly about you getting to meet them during the Broadway Flea Market and better yet, GOING to the Broadway Flea Market. No, I never got to see it on Broadway. I almost did my first trip to NYC, but it was too expensive and we weren't going to get great seats. Oh well. And OMG, Letter to the Refuge is EVERYTHING. You need to see it on tour because it is perf and the Toursies are... I'm obsessed.

Haha, well I'm glad you enjoyed it that much to re-read it. I'll be updating probably not too long after this reply is posted. Hope you had a lovely thanksgiving!

ok s just started this thread this evening so this post may be a tad long lol and i apologize XD

since i got your intros feel its fair to share mine

The names Cameron i have what people who know me call borderline mental disney addiction haha but in a loving way.. i hope anyway ha.
lets see the narrow down list:
favorite movie? Snow white (you have to love the classic)
PARK?? MAGIC KINGDOM!! coming in second would probably be Hollywood studios love all the shows and the feel to that park but like you Magic kingdom is my staple.
Character? Peter Pan or Stitch love them both
Princess? thats tricky but id have to say... Elsa if i honestly had to choose as a character to meet her or Snow White
Table service: 1900 park fare
Quick service: Pinochhios village (typo possibly)
snack? thats tough usually don't get many snacks honestly i love them but tend to try and eat maybe twice a day.. le fou's brew!! tried that on my last trip and was thoroughly impressed!
resort?? Contemporary or coronado springs
favorite song? so many choices but probably POOR UNFORTUNATE SOULS or kiss the girl (ashley tisdales version though don't shoot me lol)
Quote?

ok i think that was all of what you offered :) so far I'm to the point where you just got off space mountain, just know I'm having the same trouble debate with whether or not to buy memory maker (now only option) but i think all ride photos are linked to magic band regardless, like you I'm taking a best friend i haven't seen in ages and definitely want the memories saved. so far its an awesome read and I'm hoping ours turns out half as fun dude! well going to keep reading just wanted to throw in that i was catching up!, and sort introduce myself some!

Wow, I've never had anyone give me their own introduction after reading my introductions before lol You have great taste. Peter Pan is my Disney twin... him or Aladdin, that is. Or Yzma. ;) Nate's fave is Stitch so I'm sure you'll enjoy how that played out into this trip. And Le Fou's Brew... god bless Disney for gifting us with that divinity.

On the Memory Maker issue, I'd recommend it, even if you plan on taking lots of photos. You get a discount if you buy early and if you liked as many photos as I did off the website, it saves a lot of money. You still could do without, but if you aren't planning on taking lots of photos, DEFINITELY get Memory Maker.

ok all caught up and can't wait to see more, like that you also add day to day life in-between, i have to agree the frozen craze is reaching hazardous heights I've had ppl ask when is cinderella's castle going to renamed Elsa's castle i had to refrain myself on that one... it was good movie but the hype has honestly killed it. now big hero 6 i think we actually saw it around the same time ironically. loved it!! I'm sad i won't be able to meet baymax on upcoming trip due to not making it to but 1 park.

also agree it was wrong to remove maelstrom

can't wait for more dude awesome TR

(REALLY GREAT PHOTOS) love chip and dale selfies !

The Frozen craze... I'm so done with it. SOOOO done. I haven't heard anything about people wanting Cinderella's to be Elsa's castle, but based on the change in the Dreamlights ceremony, it's heading in that direction. :/ OMG, Big Hero 6 is brill. Love that movie! Really hoping I'll be going back soon for DCP or whatever because BAYMAX IS BAE.

SOOOO wrong. Reason #357195791375972597295 why Frozen needs to take a backseat.

I'll be updating later today hopefully. :teeth:

Thank you! Chip and Dale are selfie pros, don'tchyaknow?

Realizing now I never got to wish all of y'alls a :mickeybar Happy Thanksgiving! :mickeybar I hope it was especially delicious and for those, like moi, a fabulous reunion with the fam! But that no Apple Pies were burnt in the process (don't ask, it's too depressing).

And my late thanksgiving gift to y'all: An update!

Oh and :jumping3: Happy December :jumping3: as well!

You Are Not The First to Pass This Way, But This Shall Be Your Last Time... Adios Maelstrom
June 24th, 2014

I'm having a blank in my memory right now. I don't remember much what happened after the Character Spot and it kinda just jumps forward directly to World Showcase. Maybe we did just walk to WS... let's hope so. First, a monorail photo along the way:

And based on my notes along with the next photo in line, we (probably after a few pin trading stints along the way) ended up at the Mexico pavilion.

Inside we went to escape the omnipresent heat and humidity...

So what exactly were we there for?

The Gran Fiesta Tour, DUH!

This was another Nate had yet to go on and seemed very interested in. The kid's quite fascinated by the Spanish culture. I was in no reason to turn his decision down since there is always a short wait and the ride is super adorable. Also, Donald.

I also thought I would try to get some on-ride shots. Most didn't work out since I tried not to use the flash, but here's what I got that came out decent:

I did my best and still was able to enjoy all the wonderfully slapstick adventures of Donald, Jose Carioca and Panchito. You can never go wrong with the Three Caballeros. Never.

After our quick voyage and a quick fun interaction with the ride operating CM, Nate and I headed out to see the sky was getting very dark and the torches were all lit around World Showcase.

It was almost time for IllumiNations. We still had quite a bit of time, about a half hour so Nate asked if we could try and ride Maelstrom again. I wasn't sure how Test Track would be and Maelstrom was right next door so why not?

Not many notes on this last journey to seek the spirit of Norvay, but it still boggles my mind that it would be last time riding the ride. I began to really appreciate the kookiness of it all and laugh at how outdated it was. Nate seemed to get that aspect too and we both enjoyed it a lot more than expected. Other than that, I can only recall a girl in line with us complimented Nate on his anime shirt (Homestuck ring a bell for anyone?) and he got wicked excited considering I didn't get it nor did anyone else. Yay for Nate! Goodbye Maelstrom, you are missed and will always have a special place in my heart.

Once we skedaddled out of Norway, IllumiNations was just about to start. I was hoping to see if we could ride Test Track then, not realizing that IllumiNations is when Future World and World Showcase close. It wasn't until we were turning to head towards Test Track that a CM stopped us and told us they were all closed. Ugh, rookie mistake!

Nate and I didn't think to just stay for IllumiNations (because we could've) and just left. I regret this decision considering this was the only instance where we were able to see the show. *sigh* We caught the first few minutes and I got one good photo, but we were moving fast and out of the park within seconds.

Here's a photo to show you how fast we were moving...

So we bid adieu to EPCOT for the night (and unfortunately Maelstrom for the last time)!

The CM told us all parks were closed at this time except for Magic Kingdom so we decided to head there...

VIA MONORAIL!

I was super pumped to ride the monorail and what better reason to ride it than to go from EPCOT to MK? I couldn't think of one so on the monorail we went.

It was about now that my camera decided to take a long rest. Yup, my camera died. It happens. Luckily, my iPhone was still alive and well so most of the photos from MK this evening came from my iPhone.

Anyways, back to our monorail ride... it was pretty packed. I didn't really anticipate this since most people stay for IllumiNations. I guess I should read into these things more. We got off at the TTC and were planning on taking the connecting MK monorail to MK when we realized how many people followed us off and that the monorail wasn't there. So we turned around just as our monorail left and I got a pretty cool action shot.

The Ferry was just coming into dock so in a fast decision, Nate and I headed over to the Ferry where there were a lot less people and it seemed to be arriving a lot quicker. We were wrong about that second point, but neither of us had ridden the Ferry before so it made for a new experience and another check on our Disney bucket list.

We sat on the first floor while everyone ran up to the top. We were feeling very worn and Nate's leg and ear were not getting any better so I think keeping on the low down and sitting was for the better.

On our boat with us was a big group of special needs kids. Most of them went up top, but two of them stayed below along with a lady who was taking care of them. They were absolutely adorable. Every time the boat's horn would blow, they all would huddle together and cover their ears. It was the sweetest thing and they just seemed so happy, especially looking out onto the water. It just made me so happy to see their un-deterred happiness.

After resting my legs and seeing how Nate was feeling about the rest of the night (he was being such a trooper, really), I got up and took some photos of the surrounding Seven Seas Lagoon/Monorail Loop/MK area:

So pretty! Oh what I'd do to be able to see this every day. I really hope my DCP dreams are not as far off as they seem so I am able to enjoy this a lot more than just one boat ride every three years. Why can't those applications appear right now? Please... pretty please... pretty please with a cherry on top!

*sigh* *crosses fingers*

Getting back to the TR at hand, the boat docked soon enough and we were left to run rampant once again in the Magic Kingdom. Stay tuned for the ensuing late night shenanigans!

Continued Here

What a lovely way to end a night at EPCOT!

I love the monorail too. You are not alone. No one is alone. ;)

Cant wait to see you wrap up the night at MK!

Gran Fiesta Tour is one of my favorites! My friends and I hosted a party a few weeks ago and I ended all the invitations with FIESTA HOY.

RIP Maelstrom. Can you imagine what it was like to be the last person to ride it? They weren't the first to pass that way but they would be the last…

The monorail is my true love but I also adore riding the ferry. It's just so peaceful first thing in the morning and seeing all the lights at night is so beautiful. I'm with ya on the apps. JUST LET ME KNOW IF I AM GOING TO LIVE MY DREAM, DISNEY!!!

What a lovely way to end a night at EPCOT!

I love the monorail too. You are not alone. No one is alone. ;)

Cant wait to see you wrap up the night at MK!

It truly was.

Stahp, Into The Woods references... stahp. So excited for that movie! Love the musical!

Gran Fiesta Tour is one of my favorites! My friends and I hosted a party a few weeks ago and I ended all the invitations with FIESTA HOY.

RIP Maelstrom. Can you imagine what it was like to be the last person to ride it? They weren't the first to pass that way but they would be the last…

The monorail is my true love but I also adore riding the ferry. It's just so peaceful first thing in the morning and seeing all the lights at night is so beautiful. I'm with ya on the apps. JUST LET ME KNOW IF I AM GOING TO LIVE MY DREAM, DISNEY!!!

Haha, that's perfect. Such an underrated attraction. Thank goodness I have at least GFT now that Maelstrom's gone. :(

:sad: I know. I actually follow someone on IG who was one of the last people. They had quite the celebratory goodbye. I wish I had been there for the closing. *sigh*

Same. It's such a neat perspective on the Ferry and I just love boats. And I know right? FIND YOUR HUMANITY DISNEY! HAVEN'T YOU EVER HAD A DREAM?!

;)

In Which We Infiltrate Fantasyland And Thus Require Nourishment Part I
June 24th, 2014

After we got off the Ferry, we came almost right in contact with some insane MK crowds. It was definitely more of a mix of people arriving and leaving, but it definitely required some adept navigation skills. Eventually, we got through bag check and probably after Nate struggled with his fingerprint again, we were in MK!

Right as we got on Main Street, we noticed a huge crowd right in the center and a familiar soundtrack, which could only mean one thing: Celebrate the Magic!

Of course, we had already watched CTM as well as Wishes on the previous night so we took to the sidewalks and maneuvered our way around the crowd to Tomorrowland.

We caught the end of Celebrate the Magic when we got to the end of the street and right as we got to Tomorrowland, Wishes had started.

I apologize for the relative blurriness of these photos. Nate and I move fast.

From Tomorrowland, we went right into Fantasyland where Nate thought the whole 360 fireworks thing was super cool. My first experience with Wishes was right smack dab in the middle of Fantasyland so it was nothing new, but I must agree it never loses its coolness. If not for the fact that we had seen Wishes only 24 hours ago, I would've stayed and watched, but we turned and headed straight to join a honey loving friend on his many adventures.

I was very excited to ride Winnie the Pooh because the last time I rode it, there was no interactive queue so I was really pumped to see it in all of its glory. The photo frenzy ensued...

Although the crowds were lower, we didn't end up with a honey pot to ourselves, but with some other people, but they fit into the front easily and we were seated comfortably in the back. Nate told me as we hopped in line this was yet ANOTHER one he had not ridden before. After Nemo, I wasn't sure how he felt, but I didn't let that bother from my enjoyment especially when I managed to capture a photo of the portrait of Mr. Toad handing the deed of his ride to Owl. WOOT! WOOT!

As predicted, Nate was unimpressed. Oh well, you can't please everyone!

To make up for it, I said we should go check out the wait for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train to see if it's reasonable since it was nearby. I thought for some reason that the waits hadn't been so bad for the ride as of recently and was disappointed when I saw the line extended beyond the entrance all the way past the stroller parking area. The wait said 90 minutes and we were not down with that so we moved on. I got a quick photo, but lost coordination of my finger at some point during the photograph. Here was the result:

Oh yeah, Wishes was still going on when we got off Winnie the Pooh! Nate seemed interested again to watch it, but I said we should take advantage of the shorter waits rather than watch fireworks we had just watched the night before. Nate agreed and deeper into Fantasyland we journeyed.

Continued Here

In Which We Infiltrate Fantasyland And Thus Require Nourishment Part II
June 24th, 2014

We came upon It's A Small World with essentially no wait at all. Nate was hesitant once again. I don't think I need to explain that because I'm sure we all know how the not-so-devoted-to-Disney population feels about IASW and the classic song in particular. I somehow managed to convince him saying we at least had to do it once and we zoomed through the queue and right onto a boat.

I think the clock doors opened up when we were loading onto the boat, which was pretty cool.

It was time to sail on the happiest cruise that ever sailed! :)

WARNING: EXCESSIVE PHOTOS AHEAD

Yup, still more to come. I did warn you, didn't I?

Continued Here

In Which We Infiltrate Fantasyland And Thus Require Nourishment Part III
June 24th, 2014

Oh my Mary Blair. This ride will never not be an incredible sight and the most adorable thing ever.

Nate was a bit bitter after since, as we know, we got backed up into the last room for quite a bit. Oh well, it was a one and done and off we went again!

I noticed PhilharMagic was practically dead earlier and still was. No reason to pass that up. Let's go!

I love these little posters! But Genie... :'( RIP Robin Williams, still missing you.

#philharmagicalchandycandy

The show was glorious and magical as always... actually better than I remember! It was as if I missed out on so many things the previous times I rode it, like the fact that the stage disappears when Donald grabs the hat. Then, how on-point the scents and visual effects were. Wow, PhilharMagic is really that incredible! Oh and let's not forget how hysterical the duck butt animatronic is at the end. Perfect.

Nate and I started to get a bit hungry so we decided to go find a place to eat. I was still oblivious to the fact that EVERY QS place in a Disney park accepts QS credits, which made this endeavor a bit nerve-wracking. Also, many places had closed by now, which limited our options. We went back to Tomorrowland, where Nate and I went on a little bit of a pin trading spree, and ended up at Cosmic Ray's for your basic (albeit good) theme park fare.

We asked our cashier about our whole DP uncertainty and she set us straight letting us know what constituted a QS credit, which was a nice refresher for me. The cashier was super sweet and complimented me on my villains shirt (which I am wearing as I write this) and Nate's Angel (Stitch's girlfriend) pin that I got for him for his birthday. She also asked about my Benedictine blessing bracelet that my mom gave to me for Easter (I wear it all the time). My mom mostly got it because she's a huge fan of Alex Preston (a contestant on American Idol who went to high school with me and lives in the town my mom works) and he wears three of them, but also because it's supposed to protect from evil. I explained this to the cashier and she thought it was super cool. It was nice being able to chat with CMs like this because of the lack of people nearby.

So what did we end up ordering at Cosmic Ray's?

I got chicken tenders with fries (the tenders are under the fries), carrot cake and Sprite (that was probably the most necessary thing on my plate).

I didn't get a photo of Nate's food, but I do remember what he ordered. He got a chicken sandwich with fries, carrot cake and either fruit punch or orange soda (it was one of the two I promise).

Our main "entrees" were very filling (they really pile those fries and tenders), but satisfying. Unfortunately this was at the expense of the carrot cakes. Nate threw his out, but I stashed mine away for later, which ended up just being a postponement to the trash since I never ate it either. We had more important selections throughout the week to attend to.

Anyways, Nate and I, no longer starving, were ready to take on the night once more and hope that maybe Mine Train was in the cards for us.

Continued Here

Philharmonic is easily one of the best shows at Disney. It's super magical.

I've never stopped at Cosmic Ray's. Glad it was delicious, though! My favorite QS in MK is Tortuga Tavern.

I really hope Mine Train is in the cards for you guys!! Can't wait to find out!! :hyper:

Keep us updated- I love this TR :goodvibes

Philharmonic is easily one of the best shows at Disney. It's super magical.

I've never stopped at Cosmic Ray's. Glad it was delicious, though! My favorite QS in MK is Tortuga Tavern.

I really hope Mine Train is in the cards for you guys!! Can't wait to find out!! :hyper:

Keep us updated- I love this TR :goodvibes

It is! Missing it a lot right now.

You definitely should. It had quite the selection. I've actually never been in Tortuga Tavern (it's not really open a ton), but I'll have to take your word on it next time I'm in MK.

Let's hope! *crossing fingers* ;)

Of course, I'll update ASAP! :thumbsup2

HERE IT IS! The final chapter of day two! You'd think I'd have written a gazillion TRs by now lol Alright, let's finish off this day right.

Oh and good luck to everyone (like myself) in the midst of their first semester finals! You all are gonna do amazing (unlike myself)! Have a magical day! :-)

The FINALLY Final Chapter of Mine Train Woes and Grim Grinning Ghosts Part I
June 24th, 2014

I apologize for how ridiculously insane the number of updates and segments I've had to have you read to get through this day. I'm at like normal finished TR length and we still have Day 3, Day 4, Day 5 AND Departure Day to go. I'll try to be more concise and filter what photos I post better. Okay? Okay.
(If you get the reference, we are now officially best friends forever.)

Now, let's finish this day off strong!

Once we had stashed away our carrot cakes (well... mine, at least), we headed back to Fantasyland to check on the wait for 7DMT. The wait was still long and it was now starting to near midnight so we just gave up hope at this point and moved on.

Peter Pan's Flight, another ride that is hard to catch with a wait less than 45 minutes was at a more manageable wait (30 or 20) so we jumped at that opportunity.

I think we also got a red card for PPF. Score!

This excitement was short-lived, as it usually is, but almost right after we hopped in line, Nate noted a cockroach climbing underneath one of the pillars. Nasty. I hope this is a rare thing because EWWWWW

I took a photo of Small World to take my mind off the disgustance.

It was at about this point Nate's ear and leg were starting to make us concerned. Nate is very prone to weird break downs in his immune system that usually begin with symptoms like such. He also hadn't gotten much sleep prior to this trip and was a few days overworked by now so him getting sick wasn't out of the card. Nate decided to call his dad while we waited who told him he should probably get it checked as things could escalate. I told Nate concierge could probably direct him in the right direction and that we could check at the resort later.

Right as Nate got off the phone with his dad, it was our time to board our flying pirate ship...

The last time I had been on PPF was my first trip and it was one of the memories I try to forget. We waited in the usual 45 minute line and were stuck behind a very rambunctious girl who was swinging on the queue chains. About 20 minutes in, we were quite annoyed and our expectations had risen exponentially. When PPF turned out to be a little more than 5 minute ride, it was disappointing and I refused to ride it again on my last trip.

Since then, many told me that my mom, my sister and I were crazy for waiting in that wait. They would never do that for PPF and it was understandable why we didn't like it. I decided after hearing so many of that that I would give it a second chance and guess what? I liked it this time. It is such a magical yet simple ride. I mean, I had a little moment when the girl who was placing the pixie dust on our safety bar made it magically come down on us. Very old school Disney magic I would say, which I love. I still feel the ride is VERY short compared to others as did Nate, but I'd definitely be reserving FP+s for this one in the future.

I checked to see if Nate wanted to go back now since it was nearly midnight. He was still being a big old trouper and said he wanted to ride The Haunted Mansion. The kid was now starting to speak my language.

We used the conveniently located passageway by the Tangled bathrooms to get to Liberty Square. They were looking especially gorgeous tonight.

When we got to the entrance to the Haunted Mansion, I checked my phone and it was midnight on the dot. Time for yet another witching hour ride on my fave!

I went into another photo frenzy in the queue. How could I not with all the new spooky decorum? I also started making a point of getting selfies with the busts of the sinister family. And I must say, my selfie game was on-point with these horribly lovely people.

See?

We were led right into the preshow and the ride fairly quickly and I'll let the pictures do the talking from here on out because I think I say enough about this fatally flawless attraction.

Say it with me now: "When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls..."

"...And strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls..."

"...Wherever candlelights flicker and the air is deathly still..."

"...That is the time when ghosts are present..."

"...Practicing their terror with ghoulish delight..."

"...Welcome, foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion!"

A visit with Master Gracey and his 999 closest friends (plus myself) is never not extravagant or a lifetime's worth satisfactory. Nate and I were both starting to feel dead tired and began to head out.

Continued Here

The FINALLY Final Chapter of Mine Train Woes and Grim Grinning Ghosts Part II
June 24th, 2014

We headed toward the hub through Liberty Square. I took out my camera again which started to work and got some photos of myself next to the castle all lit up from the Liberty Square bridge. I was really happy with how they came out.

Okay, maybe not ENTIRELY thrilled.

My camera died again, but my need for an infinite number of photos did not. The Castle and Main Street were just looking too gorgeous NOT to photograph.

Here we go again!

I LOOOOVVEE this next shot I got. No words. None.

Still no words.

Tomorrowland sign at night photo: Check!

STAHP

BALLOONS!!!

We took a detour to get out of the Florida humidity.

OMG PILLOW PETS... *ahem* DISNEY PILLOW PETS!!!!

But were back on Main Street soon enough.

GORJ

Verbal evidence of how much I was feeling the magic at this time: http://youtu.be/y5BV_gr8n0Q

I love Disney with all my heart. The end.

I love those posters too. I need one in my room. Map shelf included.

Time for a casual moment with the most magical of all kingdoms!

Another fave photo from the trip!

As we exited the gates of MK was when things got interesting. I was now running on pixie dust and only pixie dust. In normal speak, I was sleep-deprived and extremely delirious. I was dancing. I was singing. And along came Bi- oops, not The Producers. But that's how things were. There were just lots of creative mechanisms being used to keep me awake.

And I caught it on video. All I can say other than to preface this is... I don't even know: http://youtu.be/BGgfL45ngT

We eventually made it to the bus stop where I started to simmer down... somewhat. Nate was pooped and not even my what-I-hope-was-entertaining insanity could at least keep him semi-awake. He was ready for the sack. I hate to say it but... NO SLEEPING IN DISNEY!

And we waited for quite a bit of time that a crowd eventually built up. The bus we got ended up being one of those busses they call in during the busier weeks. There was no magical bus voice guy. No awesome Disney adverts. Just a bus. They did however play the radio over the loudspeakers, something that only attributed further to my delirium: http://youtu.be/96jjTW3QADw

Yup, still delirious.

Nate had passed out, but I was wide awake. Pixie dust overloads make sleep irrelevant. It was also helpful when I had to wake up Nate when we got to AoA.

When we got to AoA, I headed back to the room while Nate headed to the front desk to ask about where he could go to get checked out. On my long trek to the room, I saw another cockroach crawling across the sidewalk between the Little Mermaid and Lion King sections. Eck, WHY?! WHY DO THEY EXIST?!

As soon as I entered the room, I plopped down on the bed, turned on Stacey, looked through all my merch and began to simmer down. I might not be able to sleep, but relaxation was very necessary to make it through a sleep deprived Disney trip.

Nate got back not too long after with some bad news. He got as much info he could from the front desk, which gave him some payments, and talked to his dad again. He said he'd probably have to take a day off to go to a doctor and that it would have to be tomorrow probably. Tomorrow was our one and only Universal day. I planned the whole trip around that day and in his condition, it would be insane to have him go to the doctor then go right from there to Universal, which meant he'd have to miss Universal. I said we could nix the Universal day so I could be nearby for Nate, but he didn't want me to waste the ticket I bought. This meant I'd have to go on my own and although that sounds inconsiderate, we had already bought tickets so there was no use in wasting it if I still was able to find a way of transporting myself there.

Nate said that he might still go to the parks on his own. He heard about this big pin trading guy named Scoop Sanderson earlier today from a newlywed couple that he met while in line for RnRC and thought he'd do that instead of Universal. This would then mean he wouldn't be going to the parks on the last day which he was okay sacrificing.

I guess that made me feel a bit better about leaving him. It just isn't a good feeling having to leave your friend and do something with him that you both were excited about. *sigh*

I decided to take some photos of the pins I acquired through the day as well as the merch I bought and the Tinkerbell drawings (which you saw earlier and I won't repost) to get my mind off things so I started thinking straight:

Oh yeah, the cashier also complimented me on my Dreamfinder pin. That one got a lot of compliments. :teeth:

I say this was a pretty good day in terms of merch. A pretty GOOD day.

I was still kinda down and out. The delirium was no starting to weight on my emotions and the "rest" was needed more than ever. Hopefully by morning I'd have a better idea of what to do so Nate and I wouldn't have to split up. The trip was going amazingly and although I was anxious, I was also excited because whatever came next was going to be amazing.

This shred of optimism was enough to get me up to take a shower and finally hit the hay. Goodnight everyone! Sweet dreams!

Continued Here

Wow a lot of updates! I've been sleeping on the job and fell behind with reading them:rotfl2:

I so wanted to see your second video with your delirium, I have a hunch it would match mine (and my total exhaustion) with just READING about all of your adventures on this day!

You and Nate were DEAD TIRED after going in the Haunted Mansion? You could have just stayed there and 'rested' awhile. I'm sure #1000 and 1001 would have been welcomed.:lmao:

Ooh is that a HM wallpaper pin above your HM wallpaper phone case? Awesome:dance3::dance3:

So fun to read your report, keep em coming!

Also have read a bit of your Twitter, keep your head up! You ARE very intelligent and you will do well, just remember many kids have trouble in the transition from HS to College. My University had a fail, drop out rate of around 50% in the Freshman class. Of course it was difficult transitioning to a school with 20,000 students. But every college presents a different set of challenges.

Hope you're heading home for Christmas soon!

Wow a lot of updates! I've been sleeping on the job and fell behind with reading them:rotfl2:

I so wanted to see your second video with your delirium, I have a hunch it would match mine (and my total exhaustion) with just READING about all of your adventures on this day!

Haha, yes, yes you have. ;)

Oh, it was a glorious state of delirium. GLORIOUS.

You and Nate were DEAD TIRED after going in the Haunted Mansion? You could have just stayed there and 'rested' awhile. I'm sure #1000 and 1001 would have been welcomed.:lmao:

Ooh is that a HM wallpaper pin above your HM wallpaper phone case? Awesome:dance3::dance3:

Haha, I wish I had thought of that. Something to think about for next time. :hmghost:

That actually isn't. That is a Maleficent pin. There is however a Haunted Mansion to the left of the phone case. :thumbsup2

So fun to read your report, keep em coming!

Also have read a bit of your Twitter, keep your head up! You ARE very intelligent and you will do well, just remember many kids have trouble in the transition from HS to College. My University had a fail, drop out rate of around 50% in the Freshman class. Of course it was difficult transitioning to a school with 20,000 students. But every college presents a different set of challenges.

Hope you're heading home for Christmas soon!

Thank you!

Thanks Tink! It was just a really rough final yesterday. I haven't been doing well in the class all semester and I'm just venting about it, thinking up ridiculous reasons why I haven't put in enough of an effort or any effort hasn't been enough. All my other classes I'm pretty solid, but it's just the one class I mentioned that has put a damper on things, especially since it's the one both my parents had faith I would enjoy and excel in (both of which are far from what actually happened).

I'm heading home on Thursday! So excited to be going home for a month with NO schoolwork! :woohoo:

Hi Timmy! Hope finals went well; mine JUST finished today so I can come back to the DIS!

Looks like a super fun night at MK! Mr. Toad handing the deed to Owl is my favorite part of the Winnie the Pooh ride. And Philharmagic is perfection.

Oh no :( that's so awful that Nate got so sick!! I hope he felt better ASAP though!!!

I want an Yzma pin!!! I never see Emperor's New Groove pins so now that I know that exists I'll have to keep an eye out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter