Characters on New Years Eve in Magic Kingdom?

WDW Princess 71

DIS Veteran
I will be in MK all day/night on New Years Eve this year, so excited. I know I won't be able to do many rides but i really dont care, I'm just there to fulfill my lifetime dream of being there for the midnight fireworks. But I was curious, is it a good day to get in some more character greetings than usual? Are there more rare characters out? Or are the lines to the characters just as crazy as the lines to the rides. Just curious. I mean, even if i did nothing all day but wait for the fireworks, I'd still be happy, but if I can get in some good character time, that would be a bonus!

I can't speak from experience for NYE, but we've been there on the 4th of July. Yes, the crowds for the character greetings were just as long as the rides. There really were no rare characters that we saw. However, the characters did stay out for a shorter period of time (since it was July and very hot!!!) We did see Wendy and Peter Pan with no line at all. They were just hanging out in the corner near PofC. They made a huge fuss over my DD since she went to BBB and got dressed like Tinkerbell.

We will be there on NYE as well this year. We expect the crowds also, and can't wait!!! I think as long as you know what your in for, it's no big deal!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter