• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Characters in special outfits

tracyheartsmickey

Mouseketeer
Hi, All! We're going on 3 day Dream cruise in May. I LOVE all the characters, especially Mickey, and I'm looking forward to seeing them in their different outfits. I want to meet them in as many different outfits as possible and I have a few questions.

1.Is it possible for a character to be in more than one outfit on a specific day?

2. How do I find out what outfit a character will be wearing at any particular time?

3. I don't care about seeing the princesses as they are in their regular dresses but I would love to see Princess Minnie. I have seen where Minnie is out near the time of the princesses. Can I expect Princess Minnie at that time?

4. On the 3 day cruise, I'm confident to find them in pirate and sailor outfits. Any other specific outfits for the 3 day cruise.

TIA

1. yes
2. you walk by and see.
3. maybe
4. 3 nights is very little time for a lot of character visits in a lot of different outfits. Yes, you'll see pirates and their normal cruise gear. Since there is no formal night, the characters won't be in their formal wear. Since you'll see only the Bahamas, the characters won't wear 7 different international costumes. You'll just have to book a longer cruise to get those things!

On the European and other specialty cruises, they often have a different outfit for each country.

They have a lot of different outfits and u won't know when someone's wearing a certain one.

Hi, All! We're going on 3 day Dream cruise in May. I LOVE all the characters, especially Mickey, and I'm looking forward to seeing them in their different outfits. I want to meet them in as many different outfits as possible and I have a few questions.

1.Is it possible for a character to be in more than one outfit on a specific day?

2. How do I find out what outfit a character will be wearing at any particular time?

3. I don't care about seeing the princesses as they are in their regular dresses but I would love to see Princess Minnie. I have seen where Minnie is out near the time of the princesses. Can I expect Princess Minnie at that time?

4. On the 3 day cruise, I'm confident to find them in pirate and sailor outfits. Any other specific outfits for the 3 day cruise.

TIA
I only have experience with 7 night cruises which feature several outfits for the main characters

2. The navigator lists the character appearances though it doesn't list which outfit. The theme of the day gives you a clue to their outfits. If it's formal night then Mickey and the gang will be in evening wear and tuxs. If it's pirate night then Mickey and the gang done pirate wear. On the captain's gala they wore officer uniforms. On CC, Mickey and the gang wore hawaiian shirts and tropical wear. This were outfits worn on a 7 day, a 3 day may be different

3. Princess Minnie has made appearances. On our last cruise Princess Minnie was listed as Princes Minnie in the navigator.

Very much so, for daytime versus evening. Daytime could be sailor, tropical, beach, etc. and then evening could be formal, pirate, sailor, etc. Far far less likely that it would change within the same part of the day (as in, if they make two appearances in the evening, that will almost definitely be in the same costume)

As others said, they rarely list the costume, other than sometimes Princess Minnie or Sorcerer Mickey. I do remember one cruise a few years back where they did list every costume on the info board and in-room loop, that was great! :) Also, you can always ask the character attendants or photographers, they are very friendly and can normally help if you have a specific question.

Yes, the Minnie appearance on Deck 4 right after the princess gathering is almost always Princess Minnie.

As I mentioned, you might get some of the tropical outfits during the daytime, and then the beach outfits on Castaway Cay. Always an off chance of something else unique, like Goofy in his golf outfit or pajamas - always keep your eyes open!

TIA

Hope that helps, feel free to ask any more questions!

#2 can be a difficult subject for the hard core DCL character photo addicts.
We ran into a few in line on the Fantasy. Wow.

General rules apply;

Pirate night - pirate outfit
Formal night - formal outfit
Halloween - costume
etc, etc.

For some that info / logic was inadequate. :rotfl2:
To their credit, it did seem somewhat unpredictable and unpublished(costumes).
And their was a lot off different costumes/clothes per character.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter