Characters at Reception

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by poohmadmum, Sep 24, 2005.

1. poohmadmum

poohmadmum DIS Veteran

I'd really like a couple of characters at our vow renewal reception. My favourite character is pooh bear but I'm sure I've read somewhere that you are not allowed pooh. Does anyone know if this is right? Also do you know if there are any other characters that you definitely can't have?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Mary626

Mary626 DIS Veteran

I believe I've heard that as well. Also, muppets and Star wars characters aren't allowed, all for copyright reasons.

4. dizgirl63

dizgirl63 Earning My Ears

When we got married last November, I believe that Pooh is not an option due licensing rights.

5. chipscinderelly

chipscinderelly <font color=3399cc>Victim of a drive-by tag attack

It depends on your locations as to which character can appear. Some licensing restrictions do not allow them to appear at private events or allow them only to appear in certain areas of the parks if you are planning an in park event.

6. 952LisaR

952LisaR Mouseketeer

Interesting. It make sense - but I have never heard/read that before. I would ask you EM, I was under the impression you could get just about any character that you have seen in the parks.

7. 952LisaR

952LisaR Mouseketeer

One more thought. If you really want to get pictures with Pooh, he is usually at the 1900 Park Fair breakfast at the Grand Floridian - you are allowd to wear wedding attire to resort restaurants (just not in the parks).

8. MApigletfan

MApigletfan Mouseketeer

My fiance called and tried to get my favorite character (Piglet) to be at our reception and was told the same thing about the Pooh characters can't be there, something to do with licensing. I was bummed but got over it.

9. janine

janine DIS Veteran

oh no, I was going to ask for Eeyore at our wedding. My Daughter must be the biggest fan and will be hugely disappointed. That's not good.