Characters at dance party in CA

sammatt

Mouseketeer
Can anyone who has experienced it tell me a bit more about the Dancin' with Disney party at CA? Which characters have you seen there?

The characters vary through the day but many are very rare to see in the parks. It's in stage 17 in the Hollywood Backlot.

Bummer! We almost did the dance party and we love seeing rarer characters!!! That will have to be on our list for next time!

Which characters have you guys seen involved in the dance party?

Hook and Mr. Smee, Jafar, The Big Bad Wolf, an Aristocat, Queen of Hearts, Sheriff of Nottingham and Prince Jon, Clarabell Cow and a hen, a couple evil stepsisters. The list really goes on and on.

Wow glad its popular! I only saw it for litterally a few minutes on opening day but very few people were there so left. Meant to go back later, but already closed when I thought about it again. Will try to check it out this weekend.

Is this mostly for younger children or any age?

It's really for young kids but seeing the characters that haven't been around for years is fun for us older folks who may of seen them in the parks when we were kids. Overall it's pretty simple, nothing big and extravagent.

we popped in there last week for a peek ...it looked like someting for the 6 and under group .

just wondering - will they sign autographs ? we did see a coupe rare ones . My DD is 12 and is only into autographs this trip . She thought this was a Disney Jr. thing and did not want to stay .

we go bad next saturday - maybe we will check it out again .

We were there for 6 days recently. we stopped at Dancing with Disney on 2 of those days. Both time it was the same group of characters. They were alternating sessions with "Ladies of Disney" (Clarabelle Cow, Clarice, 2 stepsisters, Daisy Duck, Lilo and Marie) and with "Disney Villains" (Prince John, Sherrif of Nottingham, Big Bad Wolf, Queen of Hearts, Cruella Deville, Smee, and Capt. Hook).

Both days we went it was the same procedure. Each "set" had the same music and basically the same jokes (by the DJ). They just alternate between the sets with villains and ladies. In between those sets it's music to dance and there are cast members dancing too.

They do not stop for autographs. I don't think they are supposed to stop for pics either. Clarabelle did pose with my daughter when she saw me snapping candid pics of them dancing since no one else was with them.

"Ladies of Disney" (Clarabelle Cow, Clarice, 2 stepsisters, Daisy Duck, Lilo and Marie) .

Those are the same characters we saw on a Saturday 1 hour before the event closed for the evening. They were great and my 2 year old had a blast. The only problem was she kept wanting to go up and hug the characters and sit with them on the floor instead of dancing. Also, they do a feature dance with each character and she kept running up to the front and interrupting the dance. I got a lot of exercise that day trying to pull her back. LOL!

I thought it was great fun and look forward to doing it again this Saturday.

We saw the Ladies of Disney when we stopped in, we were there very briefly but it seemed like fun.

Does anyone know how long these parties are running for? it sounds like there are some great characters to be seen! I would love to go during my trip from 10/4-10/8. However, I heard that it was just for the summer...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter