• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Character Warehouse Worth It?

ats360

Earning My Ears
Sorry if this has been already asked and discussed.

Has anyone been to the Character Warehouse?

My wife and I will be staying at POP, but were thinking of getting a cab from DTD to the CW store but cab fare est. is $12/one way.

We've never been so any help or guidance would be super helpful... We're looking to go on our arrival day probably 4pm or so. Thanks!

I'm courious about this same topic. I would like to go to this store but do wonder if it would end up being a waste of time.

I have found some great deals there - some of the stuff is still a little high for my budget but cheaper than at the parks. They have a great selection of stuff from park merchandise to cruise line and general disney stuff. They have a small selection of pins, some jewelry, stuffed animals and such. My friend and I make it a point to go there when we are in Orlando but we always have a car so it isn't a big deal. There are a lot of other great stores in the outlet mall as well, look it up and see if there are other stores you may be interested in as well. I know the last time I was there the Vera Bradley outlet was having a 1 day sale where EVERYTHING was an additional 50% off of the already discounted price. Pretty good deal!

[FONT="Century Gothic[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Thank you! We will be driving. The trick will be talking be DH into driving a little more to get us to the mall ; ). [/COLOR]SIZE="4"][/SIZE][/FONT]

We always stop at both outlet stores on our first day. If there has recently been an event, you may find some of the merchandise on sale there. For example: when we went in December, we found shirts and pins from the Halloween Party.

It's definitely a must if you are into pin trading at all. It's a good way to get cheap pins to trade away without having to worry about them being fakes.

Yea, they have marathon items as well - pins and jewelry, sometimes clothing. Seasonal ear hats, last time I was there they still had some 2011 halloween hats and 2012 st pat's hats.

If you do go and are a member of AAA, be sure to stop by the info desk at the Food Court to get a free coupon booklet. Character Warehouse is not in the booklet, but many stores are in it.

List of stores for the Premium Outlets on Vineland Ave.

List of stores for the Premium Outlets on International Drive (a bit further away)

We always go by both outlet locations and always leave with something!
A couple of weeks ago my daughter bought the New Fantasyland Dumbo boxed pin set which was originally $100 - she got it for $44 and was really pleased with that. Also found a couple of shirts she had eyed in the parks in December, just picked them up for basically half price. Good if you are into Vinylmation trading as they often have 3/$10 deals.

Back in March, I got a long sleeve Mickey shirt that was still being sold in the parks for $39 - I got it for $8!!! When I got home with it, I realized one sleeve is nearly an inch longer than the other! LOL! Must be why it was there, so look closely....anyway, I just sewed that sucker up and nobody will ever know! :rotfl2:

We went to the one right down from DTD a couple of weeks ago and loved it. DH found a shirt that he has wanted for months on the Disney store website but was still $49. At the outlet it was $15.99. We found cute park t-shirts for $9.99 - $15.99 that were not date specific too. Plus it was the only place I could still find the My Disney Girl doll clothes for DD. she loves to dress her American girl doll up as the princesses. The outfits were $14.99 and just last fall they were still $39 at world of Disney. We do still buy things at the parks but I think we will make sure to make a swing by here each trip too. Just to see what they have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter