Character warehouse bus or taxi?

princessh

Every woman should feel like a princess!
Does anyone know if you can take a bus to the character warehouse from a Disney resort? If not how much will a taxi ride be. Is there a area (like dtd) that would be cheaper to take a taxi from. We are staying at the contemporary resort, and will not have a car. I heard that you can find some really good deals at the character warehouse. I want to buy gifts for my 7 daycare kids, and my nieces and nephews. It's gonna cost me a fortune at the parks. Is it really worth the savings to go to the character warehouse? Thanks! :sunny:

I am interested in the answer too. We are in the same situation. When are you going? We are going May 27-June4. We could share a taxi if we are going at the same time!

We are not going until Oct. What a shame, it would be nice to split the cost with someone! :wave:

Do any of you know what the address is for the Character Warehouse?...or the general area where it is located?

I'd rent a car - you can do a one day rental for around $25. Check out sidestep.com, or go to the transportation board on this site.

The cost of a taxi would be this much, if not more, there and back.... that's just to the Premium Outlets - Belz would be way too much. There is also a Character Warehouse at LBV Factory Stores, so with a car rental you could hit Premium Outlets and LBV in one short trip.

On another post somewhere I think someone told me it would be $10.00-$15.00 taxi from downtown Disney.

I can't find it now, you know what I mean...Those elusive posts that tell you what you want to hear and then get buried! :rotfl:

Can anyone confirm this?

You can pick up a LYNX bus at TTC it takes you near Sea World you transfer to another bus to take you to the Outlet Mall. It's very easy we take the bus to the outlet and if we buy a lot we take a taxi back.

Be advised that there is not always a great selection or great prices at the outlets. We have been there and found nothing, and we have been there and needed extra luggage to get everything home. It is really hit or miss. I would not spend alot of money to get there. We found better prices at the outlet near Dixie Stampede. The outlet center is much newer, cleaner and felt safer.

princessh said:
Can you please tell where TTC is? Thanks!

TTC is the Transportation and Ticket Center, located in the parking lot of the Magic Kingdom park. It's where you catch the monorail or ferryboat from teh MK parking lot to the MK park gates, and also has all the bus stops for busses that run off Disney property, like Lynx busses and off-site hotel shuttles.

Hi I am going in Oct too. 2 years ago we went in Oct and there was a BIG sale over in Celebration, Disney's community that is off 192 I think. It was in the middle of Oct maybe around Columbus day. Its hard to find out information about it. I just happened to hear about it right as I was about to go down but the info was spotty. I think they keep it pretty quiet. If I remember correctly they have them in April and Oct and it was 70% off everything. It was in a big school autotrium over in Celebration. hope this helps someone. :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter